clarity

2021 Pearl wishlist?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vendor also has this...
Hmmm. Decisions
882DE402-1C79-4A98-AF48-EE6B007ADA55.png

The first stand seems to be better balanced in terms of the size of the pearls and the graduation of color. The second strand has Tahitian pearls that appear more green than grey which I prefer color wise, and the pearls appear to have better luster. Both are beautiful. Can't wait to see which one you choose!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Ebay blue baroque Akoya strand arrived yesterday as well as the little Tahitians from Wen. I love pearl mail! :)

The Akoya strand was advertised a 30 inch strand with 7mm pearls with a 14kg clasp. They are actually 8.5 to 9mm and the strand looks like it has never been worn. I liked it so much that I decided not to add the Wen Tahitians to it, and made a rope with those using vintage natural color baroque Akoyas.

IMG_7655.jpg
IMG_7622.jpg
IMG_7640 (1).jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Ebay blue baroque Akoya strand arrived yesterday as well as the little Tahitians from Wen. I love pearl mail! :)

The Akoya strand was advertised a 30 inch strand with 7mm pearls with a 14kg clasp. They are actually 8.5 to 9mm and the strand looks like it has never been worn. I liked it so much that I decided not to add the Wen Tahitians to it, and made a rope with those using vintage natural color baroque Akoyas.

IMG_7655.jpg
IMG_7622.jpg
IMG_7640 (1).jpg

660058965bd155b02533493cb18afe55--old-cartoons-cartoon-girls.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course you are deserving. How long do you want it to be? I think it is about 18 inches now. I can restring it and add some length if you like. Let me know and I will put my contact info on Loupe Troop and you can tell me how to send it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course you are deserving. How long do you want it to be? I think it is about 18 inches now. I can restring it and add some length if you like. Let me know and I will put my contact info on Loupe Troop and you can tell me how to send it.

Honestly people on the internet have been so kind to me lately
You are too generouse
But........i am thinking would it be such a bad thing if i spend the next forever paying it forward ? (or back) =)2=)2=)2

You had me at baroque blue Akoya pearl sisters :lol:

Maybe I'll be the PS guest house down under when we have open boarders again and have a healthy world=)2

Do baroques need to be a bit looser than round pearls ? (Are they heavier?)
Mum's FW strand is 18 inches and it feels good -
i don't like causing others more work when they are already doing a nice thing and i don't want to eat into your spair pearls

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_7655.jpg
IMG_7622.jpg
IMG_7640 (1).jpg

@Lisa Loves Shiny you have the best ebay finds! These are just fab.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly people on the internet have been so kind to me lately
You are too generouse
But........i am thinking would it be such a bad thing if i spend the next forever paying it forward ? (or back) =)2=)2=)2

You had me at baroque blue Akoya pearl sisters :lol:

Maybe I'll be the PS guest house down under when we have open boarders again and have a healthy world=)2

Do baroques need to be a bit looser than round pearls ? (Are they heavier?)
Mum's FW strand is 18 inches and it feels good -
i don't like causing others more work when they are already doing a nice thing and i don't want to eat into your spair pearls

Hi Daisy. A PS guest house sounds wonderful! :)

I don't think baroques need to be looser than round pearls and I think they are about the same weight as round pearls. I made you a 9 cm white/keshi pearl extender so you can add length to the necklace when you want it to be a bit longer. It really is no trouble.

I made the listing on Loupetroop.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it an replied! :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds - I sent your pearls!

I know you will pay it forward but I honestly think you pay it forward every day on this forum. I know so many of us have been treated to your posts in which you compliment our pearls or jewelry and make us feel special. That type of positive energy is so beautiful and we are so lucky on PS to have you.

Never change. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I know you will pay it forward but I honestly think you pay it forward every day on this forum. I know so many of us have been treated to your posts in which you compliment our pearls or jewelry and make us feel special. That type of positive energy is so beautiful and we are so lucky on PS to have you.

84582c7ea761b506889cdd2584db8a7f.jpg 9

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Ditto this @Daisys and Diamonds !

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ditto ditto @Daisys and Diamonds ! I enjoy reading your posts as well.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well - I just checked one box - my rosy gem Akoya studs!

I am just absorbing more about pearls - one incredible pair got me hooked. Oi vey.

Wants:

• 8mm or smaller blue Akoya studs
  • 9-11mm deep blue (maybe baroque?) Tahitian pendant / floating pearl on a leather or silk choker
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 6.02.58 PM.png
  • Big, gem quality COLORFUL Mabe Sea of Cortez pearl - probably for a matte gold statement ring
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 5.58.32 PM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well - I just checked one box - my rosy gem Akoya studs!

I am just absorbing more about pearls - one incredible pair got me hooked. Oi vey.

Wants:

• 8mm or smaller blue Akoya studs
  • 9-11mm deep blue (maybe baroque?) Tahitian pendant / floating pearl on a leather or silk choker
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 6.02.58 PM.png
  • Big, gem quality COLORFUL Mabe Sea of Cortez pearl - probably for a matte gold statement ring
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 5.58.32 PM.png

I love Pearce Brosnen's pearl necklase 9ad4d34c47baf61d8ab158acb8d06d3e.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I put up my sticky notes to not buy pearls I asked myself "what is the last pearl necklace you need to complete your collection? The absolute last one that will keep you content in not buying pearls for at least a whole year?" The answer was "Baroque white SS pearls- at least in the 12-14 mm range. Something like this. This strand is from Pearl Paradise. It is worth every penny I am sure, but more than I want to pay. so I will hunt the resale market to see if anything close pops up.

BUSTWQN4039_5e286016-58ab-4e2f-8e96-ba13a9867c93.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I put up my sticky notes to not buy pearls I asked myself "what is the last pearl necklace you need to complete your collection? The absolute last one that will keep you content in not buying pearls for at least a whole year?"
BUSTWQN4039_5e286016-58ab-4e2f-8e96-ba13a9867c93.jpg

Haha that’s what I hope my ombré strand does for me!

Hope you have good luck hunting for what you’re after!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results