shape
carat
color
clarity

2019 - FFJ - What are you lusting after??

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
A thread to discuss future projects, CAD’s, inspiration pictures for moissanites or any lab created stones:

I’ll start - anything two toned with an antique feel, miligrain and hand engraving. Would love a 5 stone moissanite ring in a bezel setting. Have several moissanite elongated ACC’s in the works in diamond settings. I love the shoulders on this SS ring, hand engraving on the two toned ring, the 3 diamonds into the V on this ring. I would love to do a lab created ruby ring with single cut diamonds inspired by these vintage settings or possibly an oval aquamarine in a vintage setting. Too many options!

9EF3C55D-D24B-4123-B2E3-E4F29CDD18F2.jpeg 873E34F1-22D8-45D7-9776-C9F0CB23007F.jpeg 9DC44A37-7FA3-4AB0-A501-304304AC9C41.jpeg 31A32C31-9933-4B4A-ADBD-1CEB72E5A900.jpeg C73A5B59-457D-4C1A-842D-FBE6E77C07F3.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for starting this!

This is what I'm currently lusting after after seeing so many photos on this subforum:

fivestoneOEC.jpg

This isn't the exact copy of what I want but I didn't want to steal anyone's pictures from here and post them as my own.

OEC and GH color. May try to go palladium or white gold for the band...although I do love yellow, too. I'm not sure how big I want the stones to be. I like the idea of having them all 4.5mm but I am afraid it will look too big so I may go as small as 3.5mm. Hmm...

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Ha the thread has started!!!! Yayyy now I have a place to share what I’ve been daydreaming about.

D8DD07F3-0244-4AF9-A8BC-96EB511CDB61.jpeg

Looooove the stones on the U prongs

C0EAB350-9662-4FF6-BFB2-604740B7144E.jpeg

I’ve loved these baguette eternity bands since a teen, love the look of them

I know I had that side stone issue 2 weeks ago, but that’s cleared up lol I’m obsessed! I really wanted to do something dainty and delicate. Now that I have that, I want something more blingy and dynamic!!!

Hubby does not approve of this new hobby lol

@sd_flp I really want a 5 or 7 stone ring too! Ahhh soo many things

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Oh how could I forget this beauty that I’ve been drooling over:

I looove the accent stones you can see from the top view (in the bottom split shanks) how dreamyyyyy

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@tonielle I only wanted the 5 stone ring because so many PSers have one and I am envious with how gorgeous they are! :love:

This is a rough idea of what I want for my engagement ring--thin band, very simple, and moissanite or lab diamond. I don't want the stone to be this big (1.2 carat equivalent is the max I want) and I definitely want it to be colorless, not near colorless like this one. I like the idea of the hidden halo, too. I showed it to my boyfriend and he loves it, so that's a start. :kiss2::lol:

marquise.jpg

tonielle

Rough_Rock
@tonielle
This is a rough idea of what I want for my engagement ring--thin band, very simple, and moissanite or lab diamond. I don't want the stone to be this big (1.2 carat equivalent is the max I want) and I definitely want it to be colorless, not near colorless like this one. I like the idea of the hidden halo, too. I showed it to my boyfriend and he loves it, so that's a start. :kiss2::lol:

Gorgeous! I love hidden halos!!

I got a round with a hidden halo and now I feel it’s too small, so I want a big blingy band as my wedding band. I ordered a set, but, I’d like the option to switch lol

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is beyond dangerous. I have no less than 25 rings saved on my phone that are on my Wish List. Here are the highlights.

First and foremost, my DK three stone I designed. Still saving up for this one.
C2B57941-00E9-4513-896A-11CA248EF265.jpeg

This beautiful target ring that belongs to msop04 with a faint brown OEC center.

DA5ED416-5D13-40DF-8343-18BF68745C0A.jpeg

Ring Concierge Starry Night & their Signature setting. I’ve always had a thing for stars so I fell in love with this when I saw it!

399004E8-A8CE-4B2C-A1D3-92C1A2A3B97A.jpeg EB6563F8-9587-4696-B636-FB5C4B88E695.jpeg

Melanie Casey Underwater Garden Ring. Aquamarine is special to me because of our anniversary and our daughters birthday.

171B1F7D-66A5-402E-A109-02D85A8F5100.jpeg

“Zelda” from Gilded Lane. This price was made by DK for her personal collection, but I am head over heels in love with it and would die if I could have it replicated.

5ADBEF4B-8DBD-42D2-A87B-DE261340ABAB.jpeg

The Ethereal Ring from The True Gem

B606CF2A-3C5B-42FE-B850-8BEC78017855.jpeg

I have a new found love for emeralds. This target ring that belongs to nikkirawks. The green and yellow gold combo reminds me of The Wizard of Oz, and that makes my heart happy! Ivy & Rose also has a three stone emerald/diamond double halo that’s gorgeous.

B4DCDD19-625C-411D-ABBE-1698AF07CA78.jpeg

This DK Rose Ring - Also has special meaning for my grandmother that passed.

62A876FD-492B-4882-BF5D-7AD6919290A7.jpeg

Also on the list is a 5 stone shared prong OEC band, a two tone Meghan Markle style three stone, an OWD Crown three stone in yellow gold, a bezel solitaire, and I would DIE for a paraiba tourmaline halo one day!

The list goes on and on and on (and on....) I need to win the lottery! And probably spend less time on PS. :lol-2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for starting this!

This is what I'm currently lusting after after seeing so many photos on this subforum:

fivestoneOEC.jpg

This isn't the exact copy of what I want but I didn't want to steal anyone's pictures from here and post them as my own.

OEC and GH color. May try to go palladium or white gold for the band...although I do love yellow, too. I'm not sure how big I want the stones to be. I like the idea of having them all 4.5mm but I am afraid it will look too big so I may go as small as 3.5mm. Hmm...
I love this trellis setting. Especially when it can be lowered slightly. If you are going with cushion’s, then 4.5 mm seems to work pretty good with most people unless you are under a ring size ‘5’ then maybe slightly smaller. I think the OEC’s work well at around 4 mm. Fits perfectly around most fingers without getting in the way of the adjacent fingers. Tianyu can do the palladium/18K gold mix too....doesn’t have to be dipped as often.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is beyond dangerous. I have no less than 25 rings saved on my phone that are on my Wish List. Here are the highlights.

First and foremost, my DK three stone I designed. Still saving up for this one.
C2B57941-00E9-4513-896A-11CA248EF265.jpeg

This beautiful target ring that belongs to msop04 with a faint brown OEC center.

DA5ED416-5D13-40DF-8343-18BF68745C0A.jpeg

Ring Concierge Starry Night & their Signature setting. I’ve always had a thing for stars so I fell in love with this when I saw it!

399004E8-A8CE-4B2C-A1D3-92C1A2A3B97A.jpeg EB6563F8-9587-4696-B636-FB5C4B88E695.jpeg

Melanie Casey Underwater Garden Ring. Aquamarine is special to me because of our anniversary and our daughters birthday.

171B1F7D-66A5-402E-A109-02D85A8F5100.jpeg

“Zelda” from Gilded Lane. This price was made by DK for her personal collection, but I am head over heels in love with it and would die if I could have it replicated.

5ADBEF4B-8DBD-42D2-A87B-DE261340ABAB.jpeg

The Ethereal Ring from The True Gem

B606CF2A-3C5B-42FE-B850-8BEC78017855.jpeg

I have a new found love for emeralds. This target ring that belongs to nikkirawks. The green and yellow gold combo reminds me of The Wizard of Oz, and that makes my heart happy! Ivy & Rose also has a three stone emerald/diamond double halo that’s gorgeous.

B4DCDD19-625C-411D-ABBE-1698AF07CA78.jpeg

This DK Rose Ring - Also has special meaning for my grandmother that passed.

62A876FD-492B-4882-BF5D-7AD6919290A7.jpeg

Also on the list is a 5 stone shared prong OEC band, a two tone Meghan Markle style three stone, an OWD Crown three stone in yellow gold, a bezel solitaire, and I would DIE for a paraiba tourmaline halo one day!

The list goes on and on and on (and on....) I need to win the lottery! And probably spend less time on PS. :lol-2:
We have got to see your first ring on your finger soon because I think it is fabulous!! The RC ring is probably going to be one of the most copied rings this year but I love that one too!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
We have got to see your first ring on your finger soon because I think it is fabulous!! The RC ring is probably going to be one of the most copied rings this year but I love that one too!

Thank you! That means a lot, because I put everything I had into that design. Also because you have a very discerning eye, so I’m happy you approve! I second guessed myself a LOT but I really love the way it turned out. I’m hoping to be able to get it soon, but my wallet disagrees, unfortunately. Hubby went 3 full months without a paycheck so other things are taking precedent. We do have an anniversary coming up though, so I have my fingers crossed!

I agree that the RC setting is gaining popularity, but I’d love to see it done by SG or Tianyu. I bet SG could execute it well. I’m really finding a lot of vintage styles jumping out at me, especially these target rings. I’ve got 3 or 4 different variations on my wishlist. Haha!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! That means a lot, because I put everything I had into that design. Also because you have a very discerning eye, so I’m happy you approve! I second guessed myself a LOT but I really love the way it turned out. I’m hoping to be able to get it soon, but my wallet disagrees, unfortunately. Hubby went 3 full months without a paycheck so other things are taking precedent. We do have an anniversary coming up though, so I have my fingers crossed!

I agree that the RC setting is gaining popularity, but I’d love to see it done by SG or Tianyu. I bet SG could execute it well. I’m really finding a lot of vintage styles jumping out at me, especially these target rings. I’ve got 3 or 4 different variations on my wishlist. Haha!
You put so much work into it so I really hope it happens for you. I think you managed to work out each detail and create something modern, yet vintage at the same time....and it doesn’t look like the Victorian version of the ring which I am not as crazy about. The RC ring would be pretty easy for SG to do as they can pull off that shape really well. The 3 diamonds are pretty small and I bet it wouldn’t cost very much if they were switched out for lab diamonds to create the look since they are now available. I saw a gorgeous one on WB in two toned gold with and an OEC. I am stuck on vintage rings right now too... have 10x as many pictures of rings then I do of my kids or pets....such a problem! Had to upgrade my phone because of it!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to find an affordable floral halo cluster (all diamonds) ring.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
You put so much work into it so I really hope it happens for you. I think you managed to work out each detail and create something modern, yet vintage at the same time....and it doesn’t look like the Victorian version of the ring which I am not as crazy about. The RC ring would be pretty easy for SG to do as they can pull off that shape really well. The 3 diamonds are pretty small and I bet it wouldn’t cost very much if they were switched out for lab diamonds to create the look since they are now available. I saw a gorgeous one on WB in two toned gold with and an OEC. I am stuck on vintage rings right now too... have 10x as many pictures of rings then I do of my kids or pets....such a problem! Had to upgrade my phone because of it!

Omg me too!!! Not enough storage for all the sparkles. :lol-2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm working on this right hand ring. .. 20190204_093735.png

Is DK making it? It’s beautiful and very much like mine which I play with a re-homing. I am waiting for my DK AVR ring!:dance:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek oh, I wish DK was making this one. .. you know I loooove your target ring. We might have to chat if you think of selling it ( dead serious!) But for now, I'm getting this premade ring from Ivy&Rose. I'm just not sure about the centerstone. I'm probably doing an oec moissanite or a blue zircon.
Plan B:
20190208_175439.png

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm working on this right hand ring. .. 20190204_093735.png

I adore this setting, and I’d love to get the emerald one someday in YG! The basket detail is perfect IMO. Can’t wait to see it once it’s finished!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How Exciting. I looked at Ivy and Rose’s target rings as well. They were for a specific size and wouldn’t work for me.
Let me know if you’re interested in chatting and I’ll post an LT listing. :)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@michellelynn9175 The setting should be here tomorrow! I had them send it so I could look it over before setting a stone. I'll post pics of the setting if you want! I have to decide what to put in it, then send it back to I&R to get set. ..

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I love this trellis setting. Especially when it can be lowered slightly. If you are going with cushion’s, then 4.5 mm seems to work pretty good with most people unless you are under a ring size ‘5’ then maybe slightly smaller. I think the OEC’s work well at around 4 mm. Fits perfectly around most fingers without getting in the way of the adjacent fingers. Tianyu can do the palladium/18K gold mix too....doesn’t have to be dipped as often.
Thanks! I think I will go with 4mm OECs, then. My ring finger is a little over 5; I want to say 5.5 but it’s still pretty loose, so I guess I’m 5.25? I think I’m just a little bashful when it comes to bigger stones on my hands. :lol:

I think I’ll ask about palladium and 18K mix when I ask Tianyu when they open; thanks so much for these suggestions! :kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek aw, man , I'd have to wait awhile. My DH is buying me an anniversary band this year ( full of F/G oec's ! I'm dying!!). Next year I'm hoping we'll get an oec.( He's not a fan of my moissanite. )
What's DK making for your AVR?!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@michellelynn9175 The setting should be here tomorrow! I had them send it so I could look it over before setting a stone. I'll post pics of the setting if you want! I have to decide what to put in it, then send it back to I&R to get set. ..

Yes! I’d love to see pics! Thanks :kiss2: Did you order the small, medium or large? Lol!

Why doesn’t your husband like your Moissanite? I think it’s gorgeous! I’m having a hard time getting mine on board too though. He keeps calling it my “fake ring.”

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@michellelynn9175 He keeps comparing it to the diamond I used to have. He said my diamond "growled" with more fire. And I bought a small diamond recently for a pendant I'm working on (yet another project...). Once again, he was saying "there's just something about a real diamond. ..
He is more of a diamond fan than I am!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm dying to own an AVC moissy, probably in a necklace or pendant. I love the classic bezel round like the BGD Barbara or Tiffany single station DBTY, but with a cushion instead. Or perhaps as a slider prong set pendant, set in a kite orientation. Definitely next on the wishlist!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek aw, man , I'd have to wait awhile. My DH is buying me an anniversary band this year ( full of F/G oec's ! I'm dying!!). Next year I'm hoping we'll get an oec.( He's not a fan of my moissanite. )
What's DK making for your AVR?!

That’s ok! I totally get it.=)2 It is an OEC moissy in the target too so not too expensive though the sapphires are genuine and it is platinum. I’m on the fence anyway. Sometimes it seems too much for my profession. But I do looove it.
So.... DK is making my ring now. It will look like this. Platinum, 8.6mm I/J AVR. So excited! :appl:

5E4F0D48-C4DB-4843-8517-962ECFFC57CC.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek Great minds! (I think we have similiar tastes!) I lust after an octagon ! I love that! Can't wait to see it!
Re the target, I had no clue that was moissanite! Def let me know if you decide for sure. Can you tell me where you got the stone? I just got an 8mm oec from MoCo, I love the cut they have. I bought one last year and it was great (sold it to get my AVR). But the one I got from them yesterday has a slight orangey tint (?!). I'm exchanging it, but might just have to look elsewhere.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE We definitely have similar tastes. Your new DK set is what made me try the AVR and I almost set it similarly to your amazing set! :love: But since I needed less finger coverage than the target, I went with the gorgeous octagon.
I don’t want to derail this thread, but the 8.3mm OEC was custom cut for a fellow sparkly friend and I was able to pry it away from her ;-) which is also why I went all out on the setting. The performance is absolutely amazing.
If you’re at all interested in chatting, I’ll make a LT listing as all of my listings are complete. No pressure of course! It’s a beauty and I can’t believe I feel self conscious in it at my job. :wall: WTH is wrong with me? :oops:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek or you can find me on DB, I'm ChristyP and have several listings ( cleaning out my jewelry box). "Contact seller " sends email

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek or you can find me on DB, I'm ChristyP and have several listings ( cleaning out my jewelry box). "Contact seller " sends email

I think I found you....if you don’t receive my email, let me know because then someone else heard my story. Haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results