shape
carat
color
clarity

2018 Holiday wish list?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone want to share what they’re hoping to get from their wishlist or what they’re super excited to gift someone else? Who knows maybe someone browsing will find inspiration for the hard to shop for person in their life.

I’m really psyched to give my partner a hydroponic herb garden! He’s been dropping hints about a white noise machine and I know these also give off a constant hum so two birds!

I’m suspecting I’ll be getting an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner :twisted2:

My gift to myself will be my Hazel reset if the timing lines up right. Fingers crossed my jeweler can squeeze me in. Otherwise I have another ring in the works that would be appropriate for the holidays given that it’s red (well pink) and green.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It got cold here real quick so I thought "Hmmmmm.....why haven't I gotten DH a heated vest and socks? I thought it would make a good Christmas present. Bought them but I am giving them to him tomorrow because I just can't wait. He takes the dogs for a mile walk every morning and he can be nice and toasty while doing it. :)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been after a BIG aquamarine ring for years. Always much to much $$$$ for me.
I stumbled across a suitable candidate on eBay and got lucky.
Mind you it could be blue topaz or glass even - we’ll see soon enough.
DH wants a new mulcher so he can overprune the hedges - yet again.
DD wanted a new Bass Clarinet case - carbon fiber please.
Maybe I should be getting myself one of those DNA tests, make sure I brought the right baby girl home - I mean WHO doesn’t want sparkles!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh, good question! This is the first time in years that I haven’t been lusting after a particular piece of jewellery, I think I must have reached saturation point (if that’s possible). I’m now buying for other people, just purchased a gorgeous pair of PP baby akoya earrings for my niece!

I am in need of a big jewellery box, probably some Stacker layers. DH will be getting clothes and books and the kids (teens) mostly money. I’m trying to keep it low key/cost as college years are looming.......

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A near 3ct H&A RB but it ain't gonna happen. ;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is absolutely nothing we need (or really even want) and this year we are doubling our charitable donations.

There are always worthwhile causes but this year the causes seem more numerous and the situations seem even more dire than years before. With the California wildfires and people and animals losing everything plus local animals in need here and a number of other causes. So we decided no gifts for us (we are getting gifts for our nieces and nephews) and instead we are doubling our donations to the causes near and dear to our hearts.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing planned, however I am going to visit my mum and brother in Vancouver, and I shall drag her to Costco where she has an account!

DK :mrgreen2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love x-mas shopping and wrapping and giving -- OH MY! I'm deep into it this year (actually I buy gifts all year... and I may even be a few years ahead on some people... :cheeky:). There are a few things I'm excited to give, buts especially this:

My best traveling girlfriend and I were in Italy two weeks weeks ago and she fell in love with some ceramic fish candle holders in Positano. We had no way to get them home, but I sleuthed down the place and got TR to send them a message on FB (I'm not on there) and they replied around midnight last night! So fingers crossed we actually get this done. She'll be SO surprised!

I am lusting over some blue depression glass goblets that I found versions of both on etsy and ebay. I cannot bring myself to buy depression glass over the internet like this because there's just something about the thrill of finding it in the wild for me, but I love these so much I sent the links to my dad. (Because somehow it's OK for someone else to buy it online, but not me... ???) Now let's be clear: My dad thinks the internet is EVIL and "they" watch everything you do on it, but maybe his wife can help him out with this gift since I expressed extreme WANT, which is rare for me. We will see...

And to myself, I have a little something off being set right now. I think (hope!) I'm early enough in the queue that the elves can get it done and back to me with plenty of time to spare so I can admire it by the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It got cold here real quick so I thought "Hmmmmm.....why haven't I gotten DH a heated vest and socks? I thought it would make a good Christmas present. Bought them but I am giving them to him tomorrow because I just can't wait. He takes the dogs for a mile walk every morning and he can be nice and toasty while doing it. :)

@LisaRN -

My DH walks our dogs every morning also - around 5am. Can you give me some info re this heated vest and socks you mentioned? That would be VERY well received in this house!!

Many thanks!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love collecting sets of things....slowly. For years, I've been adding to my collection of Arthur Price cutlery, and this year I'm getting my last 2 place settings in the pattern I collect (Old English).

https://www.arthurprice.com/category/cutlery/arthur-price-of-england/old-english

As far as jewelry goes, my .62ct AVR is a gift, and I'm going to get it set in an el cheapo setting, so I can wear it on Christmas day. I'm hoping to put it in a small cluster at some point, but for now, something budget will be fine.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping for an OEC 3 stone ring, but it may get sold any day I guess. My back-up is I bought a new winter coat to be wrapped for Christmas. I'm still doing that sort of thing because my adult children still want to see us have presents wrapped, although it seems silly to me at my age.:P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those heated throws from Costco are the best! I bought one and then found out I was pregnant a month later and couldn't use it :(2

This year the only thing I asked for was a band to go with a new ring I bought which I bought already and a big box of candy on Christmas morning. Russell Stover because I'm a cheap date, that's it...and maybe I'll ask for a heated throw again, this time I know I'll be able to use it!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We rescued a puppy and would love to do a really good DNA test on her. We have spent a fortune so far -fees, spaying, vaccinations, crate, etc so the test would be a strain.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Birthday and Anniversary are the same month as Christmas, so we tend to do for those times instead. He'll take me shopping somewhere I'm sure. Last year I stuffed 300 dollars down his pants:P2 and said "buy yourself something pretty";-):lol-2: That was a fun night.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I recently got a heated throw from Costco and I love it!! Highly recommend if you’re looking for something for someone who hates the cold.
Is it electric or does it have batteries? My mother is always cold. She would love this! I was at Costco today too!:wall:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate Christmas shopping. I buy gifts throughout the year when I see things that remind me of someone, so trying to pick something out because it's that time of year just feels forced.

If there's anything I want, I buy it for myself.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate Christmas shopping. I buy gifts throughout the year when I see things that remind me of someone, so trying to pick something out because it's that time of year just feels forced.

If there's anything I want, I buy it for myself.
I agree..I don’t like Christmas shopping either. I really get stressed picking out gifts in mass quantities..not knowing what to get..I realized there’s no perfect present. I like to shop for myself..My husband used to pick huge weird jewelry for me...I had to tell him that I would like go shopping with him and pick it out together.. It’s evolved into me buying my own presents with Mad Money that he gives me. It sounds strange but it works! He doesn’t want anything..He usually picks something out in the summer and says he wants it from me..That’s his Christmas present!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would be afraid she would leave it on..She’s 93..I was hoping it would be battery operated...Rats
Get a timer for the PowerPoint. You can set it so it goes on and off at a certain time. She might forget to turn a battery one off anyway. I think they are very low voltage these days not like electric blankets of old that were sometimes a fire hazard.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get a timer for the PowerPoint. You can set it so it goes on and off at a certain time. She might forget to turn a battery one off anyway. I think they are very low voltage these days not like electric blankets of old that were sometimes a fire hazard.
Ok..Thanks! I’ll look into it!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This year has been quite something. I am baffled that I am alive...

So - I will live through the season, enjoying this absurdly beautiful city and its Sierra (the weather is like East Coast early March), going to everything good & open to strangers, breathing!

All of the above was unimaginable, just weeks ago.

I have some writing to finish, and it'll be done in style (imagine writer idiosyncrazies). This is a heck' of a gift to myself - years in the making too.

I usually do small gifts to people I do not know. Then, I love the local exchange of visits (traditional cakes involved & walks in the mountains!)

If there is to be jewelry, you will know. I do not want anything to wear, truth be told. (Do I need one of these www? Just to keep? ... I've been mooning about perfectly useless rough diamonds for months! Eh...)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results