shape
carat
color
clarity

2008 Jewelry Wish-Lists!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, what does everyone have on their 2008 jewelry wish-list?

First, what is something you''re currently planning to buy and second, what is something you''re just daydreaming about buying?

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
does it only have to be for this year? My list is long, but I''m not ambitious enough to expect it all this year! LOL!

Here''s what''s on the top:

diamond inside out hoops
diamond pendant
want to start collecting eternity bands - want a few different thicknesses of diamond ones, a diamond/sapphire one, a pink sapphire/diamond one. . . . . also different shapes.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oooo this is fun!

This year I'm going to get a delicate diamond halo setting for a recently purchased morganite. It's a 2.8 carat round/ballet slipper pink! I'm in love with this stone.

And

A slim pink sapphire eternity band.

And

I'm also going to get a white sapphire eternity band-3.5 carat shared prong. This is going to be my trial run eternity band, because I'm daydreaming about a 3.5 carat DIAMOND eternity band that can't happen just yet.

1.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m picking up my WF bangle tomorrow morning, so I think that will be my major jewelry purchase for 2008.

I would love an eternity band, diamond hoops, and a DBTY necklace from WF.

My realistic plans are to reset my 1.00ctw diamond studs into WG martinis, and set my .57 ACA into a WG pendant.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m planning at some point in the next 6 months to buy some fabulous colored stones for a set of studs...haven''t decided yet but I''m wavering between blue topaz and citrines at the moment, and I want a really pretty, substantial YG setting, maybe double prongs. I''m also planning to buy a pair of loose amethysts to give to my future niece, who is due February 19th as her first birthstones that she can have set when she''s old enough to wear nice jewelry.

Daydreaming....of a diamond bracelet like the WF bangle, but I would like at least 2 carats and I don''t know if that will happen this year. And I''m always daydreaming about my dream emerald ring for my right hand...2+carat EC stone set in plat. flanked by trillion or trap diamonds.
3.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so greedy!
11.gif
I am hoping for:
1. a new watch, maybe Tag Aquaracer or Link, or Omega Constellation, must have pink MOP face
30.gif

2. maybe a permanent setting for my upgraded diamond, but I'm having so much indecision I should probably wait another year and see how I feel.
25.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I already said that 2008 was going to be my year to get some diamond studs, and they are in the works! That will be my one and only major jewelry purchase this year.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh the annual thread....yummy!!

wellllllll i wanted a pendant and i got that. i wanted earrings but i got the jackets so that's taken care of the bigger earring thing.

other than that?? i still am thinking about diamond hoop earrings but not sure...otherwise, not much!! but yeah i can probably dream up something. hehee. maybe i'll get some ideas from this thread!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to reset a pair of diamond studs I have. They were the original stones in my mother''s wedding ring and I received the earrings at age 16. They are in yellow gold settings and I''d like to swap them into white gold.

I''ll be daydreaming about getting an e-ring sometime this year!
30.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
So far I am planning to get the following:

-fancy light yellow oval diamond ring
-a pair of diamond hoop earrings pave set in black oxidised gold with milgrain edges
-a strand of pearl necklace (maybe, still thinking about it)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Natural colored diamond jackets would be cool--pink and yellow. Oh and colorless too!

A. Lange & Sohne watch. Total dream.

Pad sapphire and emerald cut ruby. I''ve seen them online.
30.gif
Total dream. Actually the Pad is more in the "not in my lifetime" category......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love a Cartier all white gold and diamond dress watch, a really great black tie diamond bracelet to go with my necklace and Oprah type earrings with large round or ovals on top and pears on the bottom. Hope to get something nice for my son''s bar mitzvah which is this year.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh.... *drool*

diamond studs
earring jackets (have to get on that train before it passes)

I''m always daydreaming for my 2+ct (10yr) upgrade. I''m sure there is more but I don''t want to be too greedy.
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, this is fun. Is there a word limit on a post? Ha Ha.

Right now my wish list is:

Anniversary band
YG diamond stud leverbacks
Purple sapphire or purple spinel to replace stone in exisiting ring
WG dangle rhodolite earrings
Upgrade mounting on YG sapphire RHR (maybe even upgrade the sapphire)

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Well, top of my list is my e-ring, but I have to (at least try to) wait patiently for that.

Beyond that I want to reset my princess studs and maybe pick up an eternity band or two. I love how delicate some of them are, and since I have small hands I think they are very appealing. I''m thinking of getting one with pink sapphires and maybe one with blue...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my daydream this year. Roberto Coin''s Seahorse pendant. It''s so cute and has .18 ctw.

It''s not very expensive, but I want to remodel my kitchen and buy a few nice rugs AND we''re in middle of beginning to recarpet our house, so they''re won''t be any funds left over for diamonds! Even the small stuff will only show up in my dreams. lol

RCSeahorse.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Buying:
Well he is an e-ring :)

Wanting
A new cushion cut Ruby middle finger ring with a diamond halo ;-) possibly kinda like a legacy maybe not
A nice thick diamond band middle finger ring
A OEC RHR in a vintage setting :)
and some diamond stud earrings :)

I really don''t want much :razz:

carabella

Shiny_Rock
I would love a diamond pendant in 2008, a pear in three prongs in platinum without a bale. Also, a ruby and diamond shared prong eternity band to wear as a RHR or to stack with my engagement ring and wedding band.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Realistically buying in 2008? Probably not much if anything. We''ve had a lot of expenses lately and are saving for a new car too!

Wish list? Well, that''s a whole different story!

Upgrade to larger earrings and pendant, maybe some earring jackets
Reset my OEC into a nicer quality setting (maybe a Tacori), then reset the current sapphire sidestones as earrings that could work with the jackets or in their own halo (I love recycling!)
Stackable eternity bands including an Etoile style
Sapphire RHR
Diamond hoop earrings
Tennis bracelet or WF bangle bracelet
Some fun silver and gemstone David Yurman jewelry
Pick out an interesting loose gemstone and have a setting custom made (ring or pendant)

Yep, long wish list! But nothing is just begging me to buy it (yet!) so I''ll be good!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
There is so much on my wishlist now...it never ends! But these are my top 3:

-a pair of ACA studs from WF

-a cushion/ OEC pendant

-Singlestone OEC eternity band that I just adore...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently saw a 2.01 fancy intense yellow radiant cut that I''ve been thinking about a lot. The long-standing things on my wish list are:

A 10 carat or so marquise.
A cushion cut
An emerald pendant
Some sort of emerald & sapphire combination

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe Whiteflash jackets for the studs I just got - definitely later in the year if that happens. I''m going to take time to enjoy what I''ve got.
5.gif
I''ve also been thinking of a blue sapphire eternity band from Facets for a long time now.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like...

A diamond wedding band
Some diamond stud earrings - with Jackets!
The Tiffany wedding band I have been eyeing up for months!

1.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been thinking about this for a while, and for quite some time I couldn''t think of ANYTHING I want!
38.gif
(I know, disgraceful). But then I realised I would really like some coloured stone eternity rings to stack with my diamond eternity RHR! So that''s all on my wishlist... for now
9.gif
Pink sapphire claw set full eternities in yellow gold would be lurvly.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Great idea! It looks like we are about to move and buy a new house, so I''m sure all the extra funds will go toward decorating/furnishing the house, but maybe 1 or 2 of these things will happen in 2008. The rest, I will carry over to the next year!

1. Upgrade my ering from 1.1 to 1.5
2. Decide on and purchase new setting (either 3 stone round or solitare)
3. Upgrade half eternity band for full eternity band
4. WF bangle
5. WF martini studs (but I have to get my ears pierced again!)
6. Maybe some fun Tiffany items from signed pieces

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I want JACKETS, JACKETS, JACKETS, JACKETS.

I already spoke to Traci and am just deciding on the right ones.

I also am still thinking about getting a new setting, but that won''t be until later on, don''t really need it right now.

Oh, and anything Roberto Coin of course.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 10:33:32 PM
Author: MC
Here is my daydream this year. Roberto Coin''s Seahorse pendant. It''s so cute and has .18 ctw.

It''s not very expensive, but I want to remodel my kitchen and buy a few nice rugs AND we''re in middle of beginning to recarpet our house, so they''re won''t be any funds left over for diamonds! Even the small stuff will only show up in my dreams. lol
MC, I love the seahorse. IT is my second favorite of all the tiny treasures I have. But I never get to wear it because my 7 yr. old thinks its hers and won''t let me take it off her!! She wore it to school the day after I got it and told the teacher I bought it for her (which I did tell her) and so far I have only worn it twice.

My three top favs are the butterfly, then the seahorse, and then the tiara.
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 2008:
1. Setting my spinels and amethysts as leverback earrings (in progress)
2. Upgrade my Jubilee to a cushion
3. Get a pair of top sapphire blue spinels for earrings

Maybe:
1. Set my pink spinel asscher
2. Set my red spinel as a pendant

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Champaigne band in shiny yellow gold if it could be done.
31.gif

Diamond hoop earrings.
3.gif

Love the WF dogtag pendants too...
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well.....my local jeweler has this gorgeous diamond bracelet that is 2 cts of bezel set white diamonds interspersed with bezel set oval FY diamonds[can''t remember carat weight of yellows], goes perfectly with my ring. I.Want.It!

I would also love to get some dangly sapphire earrings and a sapphire bracelet to match my sapphire ring and pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results