shape
carat
color
clarity

20+ Rare Historic Photos That You Probably Haven’t Seen

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I thought some of these historic photos were interesting so wanted to share. :wavey:

20+ Rare Historic Photos That You Probably Haven’t Seen Before
http://www.boredpanda.com/rare-historical-photos/
Usually, when you read a history article or story, it's mostly just dry facts and your imagination. But a photo gives something a bit different... It shows you how something actually looked, letting you understand the historical moment more intimately. Whether it would be a historical landmark, a famous person or random photo of the past - they all have fascinating stories behind them.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANKS! very cool.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing. Fascinating photos! I had seen #18 (the most beautiful suicide) before and at the time, it prompted me to research some details. She jumped from the Empire State Building and left a suicide note about how she was engaged, but not fit to be a wife because she feared she was too much like her mother (her mother left when she was a child and her parents divorced). There is a color version of the same photo and you can see that she was still wearing her white gloves and pearls :((

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for link wth the best pic EVAH! :lol: ...

screen_shot_2016-07-29_at_10.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing. Some interesting and emotional photos.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this stuff! Thanks!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1469795341|4060495 said:
THANKS! very cool.

Glad you enjoyed them! :wavey:
momhappy said:
Thanks for sharing. Fascinating photos! I had seen #18 (the most beautiful suicide) before and at the time, it prompted me to research some details. She jumped from the Empire State Building and left a suicide note about how she was engaged, but not fit to be a wife because she feared she was too much like her mother (her mother left when she was a child and her parents divorced). There is a color version of the same photo and you can see that she was still wearing her white gloves and pearls :((

Oh, I'm so glad you shared the info about her. Seeing that photo left me wondering what the backstory was. I will look up the color version of the photo. Thank you for sharing! :wavey:

kenny said:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something about that particular photo really caught my eye too! :dance:

tyty333 said:
Thanks for sharing. Some interesting and emotional photos.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the link. :appl:

AprilBaby said:
I love this stuff! Thanks!
Me too! I find it so interesting! Thanks for checking it out. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1469932026|4061001 said:
kenny said:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something about that particular photo really caught my eye too! :dance:

I think she saw her opportunity for not so subtle commentary about our criminal justice system. :mrgreen:
Of course the judge (clearly a great legal mind) is diligently examining the evidence!

_1306.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...I thought one of the photo would be of your Octavia... :whistle:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing these photos. I had never seen any of them before. My dh also enjoyed them.Thank you.
Some of them are haunting and so sad. Truly moving. And many of them made me want to know the backstory so I spent the last 30 minutes googling and reading more. I appreciate you sharing these photos. :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1469954342|4061038 said:
Kenny...I thought one of the photo would be of your Octavia... :whistle:
Aw, mine's so small you can hardly see it.

Now, YOURS belongs in the Smithsonian Museum next to the Hope Diamond. :naughty:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I had to google the man who fell from space. I had never heard of that and the photo was a bit haunting.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found these fascinating too... thanks for posting!

I looked up the 'most beautiful suicide' and read more about her. The photo is captivating, and haunting.

I have also had the Boston Marathon one up on my screen since you posted... I want to show that to DH and I keep meaning to see if there's more info on that one. The expressions on two of the men who appear to be hackling her is so disturbing. This one really took me by surprise. That there was a time women were not allowed to run the Boston Marathon?! And that men could be so vile - and afraid! - when such a stupid notion ended?!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Many of these images are so emotional. These photos do an exceptional job of capturing accomplishment, joy, freedom, prejudice, oppression, pride and so much more.

Thank you for sharing! :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Rockinruby, I enjoyed these :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results