shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Stone, which one to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IvyMark

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

From my quest to learn more about diamond, I''ve found this forum.
I''m looking to buy a stone soone and I''ve narrowed my search to 3 stone, which one would be the better chose?

Stone1 DVVS1:
Measurement: 6.51 - 6.53 x 4.01 mm
Size: 1.04 ct
Depth 61.5%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 33.5
Pavilion Angle: 41
Culet: None
Girdle: Med-SlTk
Fluorescence: None
Cut/Pol/Sym: Ex/Ex/Ex

Stone2 DVVS1:
Measurement: 6.42-6.45 x 3.79 mm
Size: 1.01 ct
Depth 61.7%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 33.5
Pavilion Angle: 41

Stone2 DVVS2:
Measurement: 6.52-6.64 x 3.89
Size: 1.00 ct
Depth 59.6%
Table: 59%
Crown Angle: 33%
Pavilion Angle: 41%

Thank you in Advance,
Mark

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

I prefer the first two, is it possible to get ASET or Idealscope images for the diamonds? Also I take it you prefer very high colour and clarity? Just to let you know, you can lower both if you wish without visual sacrifice but this is a personal preference.

Are these for sale with an online vendor, or store jeweller?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What Lorelei said.

IvyMark

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei and Ellen for your input.

They are all an a jewellery store so I had a look at all of them. They are all very similar in visual characteristics, except for the size.

It looks like stone3 is not as symmetrical with (6.52-6.64 x 3.89), compare to the other 2. Stone1 and 3 has a pinpoint on pavillion facet and stone2 has internal graining.

Should I be worried about internal graining when it''s graded as a vvs1? I''ve read that not long ago the labs would grade stone with internal gaining as Internal Flawless, if it''s not too visible.

I know that I can get a stone lower in color and clarity, and to the eye I will never know the difference. But how I see it, a stone like this is like an investment, Diamond price has never really gone down.

I''m leaning towards stone2.

Thanks,
Mark

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 7:28:20 PM
Author: IvyMark
Thanks Lorelei and Ellen for your input.

They are all an a jewellery store so I had a look at all of them. They are all very similar in visual characteristics, except for the size.

It looks like stone3 is not as symmetrical with (6.52-6.64 x 3.89), compare to the other 2. Stone1 and 3 has a pinpoint on pavillion facet and stone2 has internal graining.

Should I be worried about internal graining when it''s graded as a vvs1? I''ve read that not long ago the labs would grade stone with internal gaining as Internal Flawless, if it''s not too visible.

I know that I can get a stone lower in color and clarity, and to the eye I will never know the difference. But how I see it, a stone like this is like an investment, Diamond price has never really gone down.

I''m leaning towards stone2.

Thanks,
Mark
The first 2 diamonds look promising. With the inclusions there are no worries with VVS clarity. The third diamond does show a larger diameter variance than I personally prefer. Also diamonds are not good investments financially - so don''t buy one thinking that you would get any kind of financial return on it if you sold it, as regardless of the quality it is usual to only recoup around 30 - 50% of what was paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results