shape
carat
color
clarity

2 ctw. Lightbox white diamond stud earrings

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
I wanted some feedback on the cut and overall quality of the lightbox 2 ctw white diamond stud earrings from those who have seen or purchased. Are you happy with your purchase, is it worth ordering these or would you have preferred going with ideal cut ones from another vendor even if it would have cost you a bit more? Any inputs or comparison would be appreciated. Thanks.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are several factors to the equation. If money was no object I would choose the WF earrings. It’s not just a bit more, it’s a LOT more.
1. even with insurance I would freak out if I lost one
2. I’m older and don’t want to spend that much at my age. If I could have done it at 30 I think I would
3. the Lightbox diamonds in smaller sizes are quite sparkly so perfection FOR ME in an earring is not as important because I can’t see them as I wear them

i do own ACA diamonds, they are GORGEOUS. Everyone has priorities different from someone else.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @AprilBaby for your feedback, maybe my asking for comparison feedback was not very clear in my initial question. When I asked about ideal cut ones, I meant in lab diamonds from different vendors. Certainly if I were going for mined ones I would prefer WF or CBI. But those would be in a different budget range. I am looking to buy lab diamond studs in future.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @AprilBaby for your feedback, maybe my asking for comparison feedback was not very clear in my initial question. When I asked about ideal cut ones, I meant in lab diamonds from different vendors. Certainly if I were going for mined ones I would prefer WF or CBI. But those would be in a different budget range. I am looking to buy lab diamond studs in future.

Ah, I misunderstood your question...so sorry. You want to know if Lightbox is better than other vendors of lab diamonds. So far I would say they are brighter in color , they claim to be G+. Some that I have seen are I-J. I have the 1 ctw earrings and they are amazing. Still waiting to hear from the ladies who ordered the 2 ct.

symc820

Rough_Rock
Ah, I misunderstood your question...so sorry. You want to know if Lightbox is better than other vendors of lab diamonds. So far I would say they are brighter in color , they claim to be G+. Some that I have seen are I-J. I have the 1 ctw earrings and they are amazing. Still waiting to hear from the ladies who ordered the 2 ct.

Do you have pics of your 1 ctw? The 2 ctw preorder thread has a few responses that are making me a bit hesitant on grabbing some.

Reactions: Rpb

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have pics of your 1 ctw? The 2 ctw preorder thread has a few responses that are making me a bit hesitant on grabbing some.

I just bumped a thread with lots of LB pictures. In addition to that you can use the search function on this forum and there are many people who have posted independent threads about their LB reset projects.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @symc820 I don't have any personal experience to share with you I'm afraid. Does Lightbox have a good return policy so you can see them and return them if you are not happy? The other vendor that comes to mind is James Allen, and I think there is a thread on that, although I do not believe they are ideal cut either.

My own diamond studs are not ideal cut. They were a present, so I do not have much information on them. However, I believe they are most likely "shallow spready" stones because they have a large table and they are very bright. They do not exhibit much fire at all, but on the ears they almost glow because of how bright they are. I love that look for earrings.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I made my own 2 CTW Lightbox studs by resetting 2 1ct pendants when they first came out. I louped the Lightbox diamond and it had a Very Good/Excellent cut. I compared the Lightbox diamond side by side with a Hearts on Fire diamond and while both were beautiful, sparkly, and had fire, when you rotated the Hearts on Fire diamond, I would say it had twice as much scintillation. Having said that I'm guessing the price difference is noticable between the Lightbox diamond and ideal cut one. I personally don't think it's worth it for earrings because you won't see them, hair may cover them, and people are further away from them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results