shape
carat
color
clarity

2 carat Radiant cut

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
I had a post on here before but, from where I started to where I am now, so much has changed. I decide to start over with a new thread. I’m looking for a modern, striking, unique look. I have shorter size 8 fingers. I really like the way the below ring looks on my hand. The rectangular diamond seemed to lengthen my fingers. The engagement band in the picture is 4.5 mm at thickest and tapers to 2.5 mm. I think this needs a simpler wedding band that fits tighter against the engagement ring.

79B88C35-97CF-42E8-AE57-F371E764C9E2.jpeg

I’m planning to have David Klass do my setting. I need to figure out the setting design and find the perfect diamond. Total budget is $16,000 max. I want the radiant cut to be somewhere around 6 x 8 mm. I’d like no lower than H color, 100% eye clean SI1 and up, and close to 2 carats. Here is a setting which was previously recommended and I really like. I would have DK make matching band. I’ll be calling DiamondsbyLauren on Monday.

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/e...d-inspired-diamond-engagement-ring-item-41042

Any diamonds or settings that you all would recommend? I understand from another thread to ask for ASSET images and to look for images with a lot of red. Any other suggestions for what to look for? I’m just super nervous that I’m not going to get a good diamond with buying online and not being able to see in person. I’m also working with a local jeweler who is going to bring in 4 radiant cuts for me to look at next week. But I’m guessing going through a store I’ll pay way more?

Attachments

• 7EF8956E-4EC7-4677-976D-8A1C72F4D9EA.jpeg
    7EF8956E-4EC7-4677-976D-8A1C72F4D9EA.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 36

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little charting to help you out. 48E235A0-DA61-4BA9-A921-7C1A7D98C861.png

As mentioned, previously, PREFERENCE plays a HUGE role in selecting fancy cuts.
If you don’t HAVE a preference, yet, you need to be open to ALL types of radiants (long & slender, chubby & thick, etc.), and compare radiants with more “crushed ice” facet patterns to those with more chunky, broad facet patterns.
What you should look for MOST is consistency across the stone, as far as cut & facet size. A mix of crushed ice & broad facets can cause a “bow tie” effect in the belly (center) of the stone, making it darker in the middle.
A well cut radiant will have more consistent facet size & will be “uniform” across the stone; no dull spots.
Best advice, ever: have fun with this process. Don’t rush, don’t pressure yourself into making a decision, and don’t be afraid to turn every stone down that your jeweler pulls for you; it’s ok to not like any of them, or keep one for comparison, and ask for more to be called in. DBL will be very helpful, and I believe that will be a rewarding experience!
Please return with any options you may have, and give us the scoop!!!
This is going to be so much fun!!!
:appl:

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ut/1.71-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-sku-4352620 This is the diamond @farrahlyn posted that I really liked. I’m looking for something like this. I also like the stone that @LetLoveRule picked. I feel like that has facets you can see. I think I like that look better, but maybe more expensive and harder to find than the crushed ice look. @Matthews1127 I definitely don’t want the dark in the middle bow tie look. Good thing is that I’m not in any hurry. Though I do think my state starts charging sales tax on out of state purchases on October 1st, so I need something designed and made before then.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ut/1.71-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-sku-4352620 This is the diamond @farrahlyn posted that I really liked. I’m looking for something like this. I also like the stone that @LetLoveRule picked. I feel like that has facets you can see. I think I like that look better, but maybe more expensive and harder to find than the crushed ice look. @Matthews1127 I definitely don’t want the dark in the middle bow tie look. Good thing is that I’m not in any hurry. Though I do think my state starts charging sales tax on out of state purchases on October 1st, so I need something designed and made before then.

Please keep us posted!! ;)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure you want a radiant cut, or just something with an elongated shape?
Elongated cushion
Oval
Emerald cut

August Vintage ovals have very little to no bow tie.

Elongated cushions can be nice And there are some with no bow tie. And you can see the faceting if you choose a good one.

Emerald cut - yup.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure you want a radiant cut, or just something with an elongated shape?
Elongated cushion
Oval
Emerald cut

August Vintage ovals have very little to no bow tie.

Elongated cushions can be nice And there are some with no bow tie. And you can see the faceting if you choose a good one.

Emerald cut - yup.

I’m biased. I posted on the first thread, all of the above, and the peruzzi (even though, it’s more square)....

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-pick-my-10-000-diamond.242501/

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
So I haven’t ruled anything out, however oval to me is kind of Victorian. I’m trying to go modern and avoid anything vintage. My understanding is that cushions face up smaller than radiant which is my hesitation with cushions. I really like that the radiant have some sparkle still compared to the emerald. I like emerald but mostly in 3-4 carat size. I just am concerned about my ability to find an AWESOME 1 to 1.25 radiant cut.

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I haven’t ruled anything out, however oval to me is kind of Victorian. I’m trying to go modern and avoid anything vintage. My understanding is that cushions face up smaller than radiant which is my hesitation with cushions. I really like that the radiant have some sparkle still compared to the emerald. I like emerald but mostly in 3-4 carat size. I just am concerned about my ability to find an AWESOME 1 to 1.25 radiant cut.
Didn’t you want close to 2 carat?

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
My suggestion would be to contact IDJ.com give them your requirements and let them know you are looking for pricescope quality diamonds. Ask for Yukitiel. See what options they come up with

LetLoveRule

Shiny_Rock

Thanks, I like it too :D if you like something similar to mine, you will probably have to spend some time looking at diamonds online as they're really hard to find with a facet like that. I've tried to find them in store but no one was able to find something even remotely similar. The crushed ice look is a lot easier to find but I can definitely understand you would prefer a more outspoken facet pattern :kiss2: let us know what you have decided and I'm happy to have a look for you.

Personally, I liked the process of finding the diamond online, being able to view a 360 video and then requesting the ASET image before ordering the diamond. These steps won't be as readily available through a store, as I've experienced. Also, for me the 'eye clean' was really important as I tend to see it straight away when the diamond isn't. Plus an excellent cut and symmetry are more important to me than the colour. My diamond is a J colour and I was very concerned until I saw it irl and it didn't show colour at all.

As you live in the US, finding the right diamond will be so much easier, lucky you! :mrgreen2:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are two issues with the inspiration wedding band you found:
  1. The wedding band doesn't have the same taper, so it creates these "triangle gaps" of sorts. See my picture below. This could easily be fixed, just have DK taper the wedding band so it follows the same line as the e-ring. The downside is that it would look funny if you tried to wear the wedding band without the e-ring, but as I recall that is not an option you are worried about as you plan to always wear as a single unit.
  2. The wedding band itself is too overpowering. You want to frame your center stone. I really like the e-ring setting and think it does a good job giving you bling until you get to the center stone and then that stands on its own because of the radiant cut, etc. All the extra diamonds from the wedding band is stealing some of the attention. I'd consider two options: making it about half as wide, and possibly going with a plain metal wedding band. I actually think half width plain metal & tapered as discussed in #1 above to match the e-ring would be very complimentary and continue to frame the attention around the center stone.
Inked79B88C35-97CF-42E8-AE57-F371E764C9E2_LI.jpg

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
I love that radiant @Matthews1127! I also really like the faceting and tall crown that @LetLoveRule found. I spent a lot of time looking at DiamondsbyLauren Page and they have so many beautiful stones and unique rings but nothing posted that is in the category of what I’m looking for. I plan to call them tomorrow. I also messaged IDJ as @Rpb recommended so hopefully I hear back from them soon. It is just overwhelming to do searches on all of the various site options and not know exactly what it will look like in person. Like I really felt like I need to stay at color H or better, but @LetLoveRule Stone is J and does not appear to have noticeable color in pictures. @sledge, I agree with your comments on the wedding band. I think I still want pave wedding band, but smaller and more understated and contoured to engagement ring. Because I’ve been so all over the map on what I want, I’m going to find diamond first, then move on to Center stone. I also have been working with a local jeweler who wanted to get in some radiants for me to look at this Tuesday. I feel bad because I really want to get my stone online, but he insisted it was no trouble at all. And I think it may be important for me to see some radiants in the size I am looking in person since I haven’t seen any yet. Since I had already corresponded on settings with Adiamor and Whiteflash, I reached out to see what they had in inventory. Adiamor sent me these options:

https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1.80-ct-H-VS1-Very-Good-Cut-Radiant-Diamond/D41938029

https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/2.00-ct-H-SI1-Very-Good-Cut-Radiant-Diamond/D41999186

https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1.74-ct-G-VS2-Very-Good-Cut-Radiant-Diamond/D42048031

Whiteflash sent me these. My issue with Whiteflash is that they don’t have any radiants in house. These are virtual selections which means I would need to put money down for them to bring in and then get me video and ASSETS.

#1 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut-loose-diamond-4015897.htm

#2 1.81ct H VS1 Radiant GIA 2195065852
Price is $13850
8B50C074-2449-4EF7-81E1-4C84B22BF9A1.png

Any leads on good options? H color, eye clean, 1.8 to 2 carat, budget around $12,000. 6 x 8 mm around 1 to 1.25 ratio. @rockysalamander - maybe you can find something since you found @LetLoveRule amazing stone?

Last edited:

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
I know. I just really liked it! I still think I want radiant but I just think this ring was really well done. . I’m not sure I know what French cut side stones are exactly, maybe just slightly different than baguettes? When I saw this ring I just was thinking that maybe I could end up going emerald because of how amazing this ring is.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know. I just really liked it! I still think I want radiant but I just think this ring was really well done. . I’m not sure I know what French cut side stones are exactly, maybe just slightly different than baguettes? When I saw this ring I just was thinking that maybe I could end up going emerald because of how amazing this ring is.

:wavey: Step Cut Queen, here! :mrgreen:

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
Which face up larger? Emerald or radiant? What would be the advantage of one over the other?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which face up larger? Emerald or radiant? What would be the advantage of one over the other?

I’d say about the same, in face up size.
There is no advantage; it’s about preference. One is brilliant cut, the other is step cut. Both are beautiful, but each has its own personality. ;)2

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
I just really love that ring as is. Like love! I feel like it’s different than the typical ring I see and it makes a statement. Both of which were my original goals. A stunning ring on a budget, lol. Do you think I can do that ring as is with beautiful Center stone right under 2 carats for less than $15k? I’m worried my budget isn’t large enough to get the statement piece I want. Also, any idea what kind of wedding band I would put with something like that? I’m going to ask to see some emeralds side-by-side with the radiants I look at on Tuesday. Hopefully that points in the direction of what I want.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just really love that ring as is. Like love! I feel like it’s different than the typical ring I see and it makes a statement. Both of which were my original goals. A stunning ring on a budget, lol. Do you think I can do that ring as is with beautiful Center stone right under 2 carats for less than $15k? I’m worried my budget isn’t large enough to get the statement piece I want. Also, any idea what kind of wedding band I would put with something like that? I’m going to ask to see some emeralds side-by-side with the radiants I look at on Tuesday. Hopefully that points in the direction of what I want.
I think it can be done
https://parcelandstone.com/diamond/...181087-75?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your options are endless, with a step cut stone; they are sleek, clean & classy. You can wear just about any WR with them. As for the French Cut shank, you can find French Cut bands. You can even incorporate a rose Cut WR with that style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results