shape
carat
color
clarity

2.74 carat AVC in a Steven Kirsch halo pendant necklace

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Valentine's Day to all!

I would like to post my new GOG/SK necklace!

The stone is a 2.74 Good Old Gold August Vintage Cushion J VS1
Ideal cut, polish, symmetry. Measurements 8.58 x 7.78 x 5.53 L:W ratio 1.10

Here is the unset stone with my Canera European Round ring:

cer_and_0.jpg

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I had him put it on a diamond by the yard chain. Excuse the yellowish bathroom lighting! She looks very white in real life.

sk_necklace.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it looks lovely on you! :appl: How lucky you are to have 2 antique cuts (CER, AVC) framed in delicate halos! :love: Wouldn't it be great if your SK AVC pendant could also be converted to a ring whenever you wanted?! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect compliment to your new ring! :love: Gorgeous choices!!! :appl: I love them both!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! That is huge! Congratulations poshmommy! Enjoy this beauty.

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful Poshmommy - enjoy!!! :love:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Wow! The pendant looks amazing on you!
Congratulations!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beauty!.. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty indeed! That is a pendant! Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant...love that you did the DBTY chain with it...you have some gorgeous pieces!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant :love: It looks huge and Fab!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous pendant!!! It looks fantastic!!! :love: :love: :love:

What do you think about the halo/craftsmanship on your pendant in comparison to your amazing VC emilya? It could definitely just be the lighting, but the melee on the SK halo seems SO bright!!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
What a stunning necklace! Congrats!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Lucky girl!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1487161279|4129054 said:
Beautiful pendant...love that you did the DBTY chain with it...you have some gorgeous pieces!!!

I agree!

Your ring and pendant are both amazing, and the DBTY chain really adds a lot to the look! Beautiful! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

It's so weird to think that you are now wearing a stone around your neck that I was holding less than 3 months ago. It's gorgeous and has me very excited about my ring!!!

Do you know if those are single or full cuts on the halo? I'm also interested to hear what you think when comparing the two settings/halos - is one noticeably smoother or more delicate?

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy. Moly. :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, they are both stunning!!!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful necklace and love the dbty chain you put it on!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
m-2-b|1487132064|4128940 said:
Oh, it looks lovely on you! :appl: How lucky you are to have 2 antique cuts (CER, AVC) framed in delicate halos! :love: Wouldn't it be great if your SK AVC pendant could also be converted to a ring whenever you wanted?! :naughty:

That would be something! But if I ever do a cushion halo ring, I want one just like yours!

Reactions: AV_

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
ac117|1487167427|4129084 said:
Absolutely gorgeous pendant!!! It looks fantastic!!! :love: :love: :love:

What do you think about the halo/craftsmanship on your pendant in comparison to your amazing VC emilya? It could definitely just be the lighting, but the melee on the SK halo seems SO bright!!

Thanks! I think they are both beautiful pieces. The VC halo is more delicate and fluid. I think VC really nailed it on proportions. However, I did not really give SK any directions other than "put it in a halo with double claw prongs if you think it will look right."

The SK halo is brighter in person. I think it's partly the slightly larger stones and partly the full cut melee.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
dazzlerazzle|1487194162|4129323 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl:

It's so weird to think that you are now wearing a stone around your neck that I was holding less than 3 months ago. It's gorgeous and has me very excited about my ring!!!

Do you know if those are single or full cuts on the halo? I'm also interested to hear what you think when comparing the two settings/halos - is one noticeably smoother or more delicate?

Thank you so much for your feedback on the stone when you saw it! It helped make my mind up to snag it. I was really hoping you would look at it. I didn't want to draw specific attention to it so it wouldn't get snatched up by a lurker!

Victor's halo is more delicate, has better flow, and perfect proportions. I do like his single cut melee a bit better.

However, I am not sure I can slight SK on his halo since I really did not give him any direction or specific requests on it. I did ask for double claw prongs if he thought it would look ok. He did and they are beautiful! I did ask for single cut melee and he said he would look for some. I never heard the result so I asked him (for you) after I got the necklace. They are full cut. The pendant halo does sparkle more than the ring halo. I think it is partly the full cut melee and partly that the stones are slightly larger. My little daughter says it sparkles more than the ring and seems very drawn to it. I don't think it detracts from the stone or setting. It's just a slightly different flavor. I doubt I would have noticed if I didn't have the 2 settings side by side.

Any progress on your rough?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results