shape
carat
color
clarity

2.5 ct round brilliance in halo setting - a little regret?

Poshjo

Rough_Rock
I just bought a 2.5 carat round brilliance diamond, thanks to all pricescoper help. I really like the diamond. Before I decided to buy the diamond to celebrate my 17 th anniversary, I always wanted a Tiffany soleste setting. My first priority was to buy a 3 carat diamond but worry that it might look too big in a halo setting. At last, I decided to buy a 2.5 carat round and custom made a cushion halo setting ( also thanks to the inspirations from pricescope). In fact the ring is absolutely beautiful, the main stone is F colour with melees at DEF colour, the whole ring is just so sparkly and beautiful, which is all I have been wanting.

However, after wearing for two days, I just don't feel very comfortable coz the ring looks quite big on my size 4 finger, it's really eye catching. In where I live, not many women wearing big diamonds around except me. I used to wear my 1.55 carat ring almost everyday. But I always thought it was a little small. Maybe, a 2.5 carat set in six prongs will be more appropriate for my finger size?! But I don't really appreciate just six prongs style coz it kind of lacks characters IMHO.

I am not dare to tell my hubby if I want to change the setting ..... Will I get used to the size very quickly enough?

_10030.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 2.5 ct round brilliance in halo setting - a little regre

Your ring is stunning!! And it looks so beautiful on your slender hands. :love: :love:

I can imagine it looks a bit overwhelming at first but I would wait a while to see whether you get used to it. I would not let it bug you that people in your environment wear smaller rings... Your ring is big, but very classy, especially with the plain band. It's also not to big for everyday casual wear in my opinion. If it still bugs you after wearing it for a while, just discuss it with your husband. And perhaps in the meantime you can contact your jeweller to find out what they can do for you.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous on your hand - I agree - It will shrink - don't do anything yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1379341960|3521620 said:
Your ring is stunning!! And it looks so beautiful on your slender hands. :love: :love:

I can imagine it looks a bit overwhelming at first but I would wait a while to see whether you get used to it. I would not let it bug you that people in your environment wear smaller rings... Your ring is big, but very classy, especially with the plain band. It's also not to big for everyday casual wear in my opinion. If it still bugs you after wearing it for a while, just discuss it with your husband. And perhaps in the meantime you can contact your jeweller to find out what they can do for you.

+1

Your ring is TDF!! I think you would regret having the 6 prong if you like the halo... just wait til DSS sets in -- it won't take long, I promise!! :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely don't do anything yet! It's only been 2 days, give yourself more time to get used to it. It looks amazing on you! But, if after some time has passed and you still feel uncomfortable, you can always reset into a solitaire. There's no sense in owning a piece of jewelry that you don't enjoy wearing. A few people here on PS have down-sized so it does happen. But I hope you can get used to it, because it does look really beautiful on your hand!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You are very fortunate to have such thin and beautiful fingers and hand, so I would keep it.
Agree with others, shrinkage will set in.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock

I would love to have that rock on my finger!!!!!! Don't do anything..... just wear it. You will get used to it in no time.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

msop04 said:
Acinom|1379341960|3521620 said:

+1

Your ring is TDF!! I think you would regret having the 6 prong if you like the halo... just wait til DSS sets in -- it won't take long, I promise!! :lol:
+2 it's gorgeous!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it looks fabulous on your hand. Stunning, actually.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock

You will get used to it. I have a 3 carat in a cushion halo and it looks small to me after wearing it halo'd since 2008.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

Diamonds shrink! Wait! :razz:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I am going to be the desenter. Do you still have your old stone? If you do, I would keep that one on hand to wear on a daily basis, and wear this ring for special occasions until you get used to it. I understand where you are coming from, and I would not wear a big ring to work. Dinner out with DH would be fine.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

Enjoy it....It will shrink I am 5 '1 (5.0 ring ) and I wear my 3.66 emerald with 1" platinum band every day and none of my circle has large stones. I do however get gaukers and admirers every day and I just appreciate my ring and I love wearing it.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I say rock that ring!!!!!!!!! I have a 2 carat in a halo, and none of my social circle have even close to that. I don't care. :lol: I get a lot of attention over it and about half of them have asked if it was a 3 carat diamond.

I think in time you become more comfortable wearing it. It's not our fault we have small fingers, right??

Daisycakes617

Rough_Rock

OMG your ring is GORGEOUS!! Please don't change it right away! I think you may just need to get used to it. It's amazing though so I wouldn't worry about the size, especially if you started out looking for a 3ct stone. :love:

Hera

Ideal_Rock

Goodness! :love: Not only is the ring beautiful but your hand doesn't look over the age of 21!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel it would be a pity to only wear this beauty for 'special occasion'... Unless you have a lot of special occasions :naughty:
Imagine how fabulous it looks when combined with a t-shirt and jeans!!

My OEC is 5.3 ct and it looks really 'normal sized' ' :twisted: And I live in a country where 1 ct is large. So yes, DSS does exist!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When I first got my 2.5ct in a halo I thought it was huge and I was very self conscious when wearing it. It's a size 4.5. It wasn't long before it just seemed normal to me and now I have days where it even seems small, lol. I suggest you wear it for awhile before you do anything. You will be surprised how fast you will get used to it. It's absolutely gorgeous by the way.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's stunning so I hope you leave it!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan|1379352853|3521718 said:
I say rock that ring!!!!!!!!! I have a 2 carat in a halo, and none of my social circle have even close to that. I don't care. :lol: I get a lot of attention over it and about half of them have asked if it was a 3 carat diamond.

I think in time you become more comfortable wearing it. It's not our fault we have small fingers, right??

HA! I'm right there with ya, sox! At first I was a little self-conscious, but I just don't even think about it anymore. I just decided to rock this rock!! :lol: :lol:

And you will grow more comfortable as well, OP! Just give it time -- it's all new to you now. :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks great! I'm sure you'll get used to it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

No one can say if you will get used to the size - size is a personal preference. Maybe you will or maybe you won't. Time will tell. Wear it for a while and if you're still uncomfortable, change it.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock

I think it looks perfect on your hand! It is a stunning ring!

Poshjo

Rough_Rock

Thank you all ladies for your kind words! Yes I personally love the new ring ver much but just a little self-conscious right now. I think I will still wear my 1.55 when I don't want to get attention. But I believe I should get used to the size sooner coz I am always a big rock girl, always admire women with beautiful rings!

Thanks again for the help in the whole ring buying and setting process! Such a great site!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Wear it proudly, it is gorgeous!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is stunning! dazzling! it looks beautiful on your hand.. I think you will grow quite used to it and fond and IN LOVE.. that all said.. to me you bring up what is perplexing about halo settings.. I've not ever set my 1.66 stone in a halo... I am a line girl.. I love step cuts.. but that is me, a lovely young woman I work with has a gorgeous brand new engagement ring .. it's a 1 carat with a beautiful cushion halo.. it POPS..... so you have dazzle.. bedazzling...light filled ring!...

I know with every reset I have done on my ring.. as soon as I had it, I had regrets, or not likes but just yesterday at work a young woman who is looking at 'rings' with her boyfriend complimented me.. said I had a beautiful ring.. so a setting needs to get used to.. I would take your ring! ;-).. if you feel in danger I would have a fake made and wear that --- I am going on a trip to a country that is in recession still and I'm wearing fake.. :) I love your ring! I told the young woman about going to James Allen or GOG and she looked at me like I had 3 heads.. oh well we try!

love your ring!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Poshjo|1379373411|3521957 said:
Thank you all ladies for your kind words! Yes I personally love the new ring ver much but just a little self-conscious right now. I think I will still wear my 1.55 when I don't want to get attention. But I believe I should get used to the size sooner coz I am always a big rock girl, always admire women with beautiful rings!

Thanks again for the help in the whole ring buying and setting process! Such a great site!

I agree with this. Since you've very luckily got to keep your original, I'd definitely wear that when you want to be low key. I suspect as time goes on you'll get more used to wearing that beautiful halo more often! :love:

MomInstyle

Shiny_Rock

It's stunning ring and so as your hands. :love: :love: :love: What a dilemma to have! LOL. It's new to you but it will settle with you and you will get to use to it. We have same finger sz and I have 2ct halo too and oh boy... DSS occurred after 8 months later... now wishing for 3ct.

Enjoy and rock that big rock, girl!

Poshjo

Rough_Rock

Thank you all ladies!

BTW, what is DSS, I can't find the meaning.

Trudii

Rough_Rock

I swear I gave myself heart palpitations after I upgraded from 1ct to 1.4ct earrings. Should I have spent that much money, were they too big, etc. etc. A week later I didn't give it a second thought. Give it time. The ring is beautiful and it looks perfect on your hand. But if you give it some time and you still feel awkward, then maybe put it away for a few weeks / month and try it on again. Sometimes you can just over think things.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results