shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01 Carat - Oval Price Comparison

cg41

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I want to get a really nice diamond for my future fiancee, but I'm not exactly an expert in this field. I have done research on the side, but if anyone in here knows more than me I would really appreciate any insight on if I'm getting a good deal or not on these diamonds. Both are GIA certified

DIAMOND 1
Cut: Oval
Carat: 2.08
Color: G
Clarity VS2
Height-Width Ratio: 1.53
Costs: $21,400

DIAMOND 2
Cut: Oval
Carat: 2.01
Color: E
Clarity VVS2
Height-Width Ratio: 1.50
Costs: $24,500 - includes setting and yellow gold ring

I lean to diamond 2 being the better deal, but that still doesn't mean it is a good deal. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @cg41

No one can really tell you which is the nicer stone without up-close pictures and videos. I would not base my decision on which is the
better deal. I would base it on which stone has the best faceting and best light return.

A setting would probably be around $1k unless you are going with a branded setting.

For comps, James Allen has ovals from about $22.2k for a 2.05 G/VS2
and from $19.5k to $33.2k. for a 2 carat-ish E/VVS2.

If you have any up-close pics please post them.

cg41

Rough_Rock
image1.jpeg image0.jpeg
Both of these pictures are of the 2.01, E, VVS2, 1.5 ratio.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5

cg41

Rough_Rock
Here you go! Thank you so much for any insight you can provide tty333, it's very nice of you to assist

Jr3

Rough_Rock
I am no diamond expert, but ovals are really tricky and definitely need to be evaluated like tyty333 stated-
I personally would lean towards an E vvs versus a G Vs2, but every diamond and every person is different. Definitely go with what looks best to your eye, in different lighting. Best of luck and God bless:)

Jr3

Rough_Rock
I am personally a big fan of BGD and they can even cut something for you specifically as well which I think is very special.

Jr3

Rough_Rock
I am personally a big fan of BGD and they can even cut something for you specifically as well which I think is very special.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results