shape
carat
color
clarity

1ct Emerald Cut Solitaire Ering Setting Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone
9.gif

At the moment I''m looking at a few emerald cut diamonds, hopefully I''ll end up with something close to or just over 1 carat.

I''ve looked at a few settings on the net and so far my GF and I like this one so far: { Link }

Although the more I look around the more I start to doubt... Can we do better? The more I read the more I start to be concerned about the care of Mokume over time, it seems a bit high-maintenance. My GF is a beauty/massage therapist by trade, so I''m a bit concerned about chemicals reacting with the metals as well. Also, it would be nice to be showing off a bit more diamond I think? I thought I''d ask the style experts here and hopefully find some nice settings I can show my GF as other options!

Things I''m looking for:

- Emerald cut solitaire setting

- Modern, a bit different or unique in some way compared to the classic engagement ring style, hence Mokume became an option, we''re open to ideas though, but I''m not saying we''re going to change my mind
1.gif

- I was going to have the ring made with a european shank, as she has mentioned to me that all of her rings in the past have annoyed her due to spinning around.

- We like Palladium or Platinum, her skin is tanned, olive skin, so we reckon white metals look really good on her. I''ve given her silver jewellery in the past and it tarnishes relatively fast on her skin. I like the fact that no plating is needed with Platinum and Palladium.

- She''s Japanese, her finger size is 3 3/4 US, she has fairly small, delicate hands. She doesn''t like big chunky jewellery. We were thinking maybe 3mm or 4mm wide band at the most. I''m thinking 3mm will make the stone look bigger
2.gif

- Something relatively delicate-looking, not really into pave or micro-pave due to long-term durability, channel-set seems alright in that regard.

- Budget hopefully less than $2000 hopefully for the setting, I find the Mokume setting a bit pricey for what it is.

That''s all I can think of at the moment, thanks in advance for your help!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2009 4:54:35 AM
Author:Lestat
Hey Everyone
9.gif

At the moment I'm looking at a few emerald cut diamonds, hopefully I'll end up with something close to or just over 1 carat.

I've looked at a few settings on the net and so far my GF and I like this one so far: { Link }

Although the more I look around the more I start to doubt... Can we do better? The more I read the more I start to be concerned about the care of Mokume over time, it seems a bit high-maintenance. My GF is a beauty/massage therapist by trade, so I'm a bit concerned about chemicals reacting with the metals as well. Also, it would be nice to be showing off a bit more diamond I think? I thought I'd ask the style experts here and hopefully find some nice settings I can show my GF as other options!

Things I'm looking for:

- Emerald cut solitaire setting

- Modern, a bit different or unique in some way compared to the classic engagement ring style, hence Mokume became an option, we're open to ideas though, but I'm not saying we're going to change my mind
1.gif

- I was going to have the ring made with a european shank, as she has mentioned to me that all of her rings in the past have annoyed her due to spinning around.

- We like Palladium or Platinum, her skin is tanned, olive skin, so we reckon white metals look really good on her. I've given her silver jewellery in the past and it tarnishes relatively fast on her skin. I like the fact that no plating is needed with Platinum and Palladium.

- She's Japanese, her finger size is 3 3/4 US, she has fairly small, delicate hands. She doesn't like big chunky jewellery. We were thinking maybe 3mm or 4mm wide band at the most. I'm thinking 3mm will make the stone look bigger
2.gif

- Something relatively delicate-looking, not really into pave or micro-pave due to long-term durability, channel-set seems alright in that regard.

- Budget hopefully less than $2000 hopefully for the setting, I find the Mokume setting a bit pricey for what it is.

That's all I can think of at the moment, thanks in advance for your help!
35.gif
To be honest I am not fond of the setting but if you and your GF love it then thats all that matters!

If you like bezels then check out this company James Meyer He does some stunning bezeled rings!

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your quick reply, to be honest, I think that she would love any ring I give her, but I''m being the picky one because I want to give her the most beautiful ring I can... I guess I just want a few to show her and see what she thinks, then I can find out what she likes in a ring. I''ve never bought anything like this before, and she doesn''t wear much jewellery, so neither of us know really know what''s out there.

Would a platform setting (I think that''s what it''s called?) suit an emerald cut stone? I like how you can see a bit of the pavillion underneath. For example: { Link 1 } { Link 2 }

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Mark Morrell has a couple of very elegant, low profile and sleekly modern emerald cut rings that he did as custom jobs here

There''s a photo of an East-West emerald cut with split shank and a Euro shank with a North South set emerald, both gorgeous.

Here''s another Mark Morrell design which is low-key and functional with a radiant that should accommodate an emerald cut (it''s second from the bottom): http://www.mwmjewelry.com/February_2006/

His work is very highly thought of here on Pricescope, and he has beautiful, timeless designs. I''m not sure when you want to propose by, but if you have a good idea of what you''d like, email him and see what his schedule is like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results