shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this crushed ice?

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Is this crushed ice and what is the effect in the pavilion the girdle reflection ?

new1111.png

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
anyone please help?

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They assured me it wasn't a crushed ice , but in the pavilion it looks a bit crushy.
Anyone opinion on the cut ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd have to look at the plot to be sure, But it looks like a really badly cut modified 4 main. Whether it is crushed ice is irrelevant. It's a dog.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. Modified 4 main.

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So modified 4 main is crushed ice or not, I understand its not the greatest cut but is it that bad?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:knockout:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Looks wonky to me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't consider it crushed ice but its got some kind of nailhead/fisheye thingy going on. Not a great stone.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you will not be happy with this stone.

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What is the affect in the pavilion , fish eye or nail head, will it look dark in the centre?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Treasurehunter.

There is a reason why so many people are ignoring your posts.

As a member searching for knowledge you REALLY need to learn to use the treasure trove of old posts and learn to use the google search.
You aren't a newbie, and you need to learn to train yourself.

ALL of the information you want is available in the 15 YEARS worth of old posts on PS.

If I can find them, you can find them.

So I REALLY STRONGLY SUGGEST you learn to be self sufficient.

For example this is what came up as a result of a very SIMPLE search for "crushed ice cushion facet plan" :
ChunkyCushionLover|1282835417|2691640 said:
sillyberry said:
ChunkyCushionLover said:
99%+ majority of stones with a grading report Cushion Modified Brilliant(CMB) have a "crushed ice" appearance and most of these have the undesirable watery appearance like a poorly cut radiant. The most common CMBs have one of these two general facet designs.

commoncushionmodifiedbrilliants.jpg

These are usually cut to save weight not with light performance in mind. Not cutting the pavilion mains from the culet(centre) all the way to the girdle(edge) allows significant retention of weight. An example of this is the facet design which resembles a radiant style pavilion on the right of the image above.

It is from this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crushed-ice-cushions-bad.148696/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crushed-ice-cushions-bad.148696/page-4[/URL]

So... please, learn to do your own research. So far I have not seen a question from you that has not been asked and answered on these boards before.

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks gypsy I should have googled that.
The question now is about this fish eye or dark ring in the stone ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Other than bad cutting? I don't know. You would have to ask Jon or maybe Karl.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results