shape
carat
color
clarity

Top knuckle rings, yea or nay?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What do you guys think of this new trend for wearing rings at the first knuckle? I've heard them called phalanx rings, midi rings, memory rings (thus far I have yet to see an explanation for any of these names). I just got a ring I thought I'd wear as a pinky ring, but it also fits the first knuckle of my middle finger, and I'm kinda liking how it looks ... but everybody else in my household calls "silly." Now, it's not like they know what-from when it comes to fashion, but I figured I'd ask all you-all ... what do you think of this look?

knuckle_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in the silly and uncomfortable camp.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I only find them attractive on twenty somethings with hands like Jack Skellington.

Can we see a picture of it on your pinky too for comparison?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not for me unless it's a Freke-esque bling family shot :naughty:

Knuckle rings, between-the-finger rings... they all kinda go into my "gimmicky but inoffensive" bucket. Niel, I snorted out loud at your description :rodent:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I did, too. :)

Here's a shot of it on my pinky, where I also like it ... it's just nice to have options. FWIW, it's actually really comfortable, at least if you've got knuckle-y fingers!

image-700384685.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D'you watch Bones? I just had a vision of Bones cooing at the infant in one of the early seasons - "phalanges, dancing phalanges!"

I like the pinky ring version much better. But I'm the black brown and beige sorta boring, so... salt, yknow ::)

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I dig it, I'm slightly funky like that but I'd worry about it flying off my finger unnoticed.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
nay: gives me the heebie jeebies just looking at the photo.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's not for me but I think it can be done well. Especially with upper thin gold rings. Like this? From Vale line. Not my photos.

_14597.jpg

_14598.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I've worn them myself. I especially like the look if the ring on the extension is close in design to the one above it.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, your french cut ring is just freakin' perfection. :Up_to_something:

I think it looks better on your pinky.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Nay for me, looks like a ring that was purchased too small. When I was in high school, my French teacher wore rings like that and I hated the look back then. That was over 20 years ago.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, don't like them. I wore rings like that in high school and it reminds me of something that teenage girls do.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Distracts, I woke the baby up laughing. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

Hey, if I've been Lagerfielded, does that mean I get ALL THE VESTS now? I love vests, I already wear ponytails, this could work for me! Unless it means I now need to speak entirely in Zen loans as filtered through a haze of LSD and translated by Babelfish. That would be bad.

Uhhh ... where was I? Ah, yes. Sleep deprived. So back and making more sense after coffee, but in the meantime, how about like this? It does at least solve the problem of rings on adjacent fingers ....

image-64320446.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nay!!!

Much much better on your pinky.
But luckily we live in a free world and you can wear whatever you like however you like. As long as you don't post those pics :lol:

Oh... How I love your mega cushiony frenchie!!! Are you still happy with your beautiful ring? :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No need to ask me because I am boring and traditional! I only like rings on the two ring fingers, personally!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The super thin ones look nice, as hathalove posted. Otherwise, nope.
cheers--Sharon

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
In general, the look is a nay for me too - it is especially so with that particular ring OP. Your ring is far too wide/substantial to be a top-knuckle ring. It just comes off looking odd and uncomfortable. Personally, I'd keep it as a pinky ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results