shape
carat
color
clarity

Fireballs!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
My first fireballs!

An eBay find, so I wasn't expecting the best quality, but they are surprisingly wearable.

My first thought out of the box was, Wow, they are just huge! Definitely a statement necklace.

The strand is unfortunately a little too short, but the vendor is kindly sending a few more pearls to lengthen it with.

The listing said 13 x 18 mm, but they graduate, so they are smaller at the ends.

Indoor pics only so far. Will take some daylight shots, but it's not light yet.

_13412.jpg

_13413.jpg

_13414.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl -- They look great on you! Such interesting shapes. I really like short strands so to me, they look like a lovely length (unless they are uncomfortable for you to wear at this length). They're like a funky collar or choker.

Wear the necklace in good health!

If you do lengthen it, it will be interesting to see the "before" and "after" pictures.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl:! What a size and look :appl: :appl:. I think it looks fine as it is, but I really can't imagine how it feels on Your neck! A blouse with really open neck and little tan in summer; sooo SEXY :lol: :lol:(it is the picture I can see in my eyes :lol:).

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here's a daylight shot.

Thanks B, I used a twist tie to put it on for these shots. This is about the length I'd like to wear it, possibly an inch longer. I'm finding that they flip a certain amount.

Thanks Confection! They have nice iridesence, which I can't capture as well in pics.

And they're heavy. I wouldn't want to wear them all day, but for an afternoon or evening they would be fine. I understand better why bsolmo has soufflés!

It's a long time until I'll be tanned again though!

_13418.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
A little closer.

_13419.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot.

They really are pretty, but just huge.

_13420.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Managed get some better close ups. In diffuse daylight.

They have some blemishes, but there's only one dud that I would swap out.

_13422.jpg

_13423.jpg

_13424.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
What an interesting look! I agree with the others - the current length is lovely!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much!
I do want a choker length, but I'd also to be able to fasten the clasp! (Without the twist tie, that is).

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
That's a great strand Periwinklegirl. Since the pearls are so dimensional it's surprising you only need a few pearls to complete the strand. I hope you enjoy it.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you NL!

It's 17" now, before the clasp, and I probably only need another couple to lengthen it.

_13443.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl - Those are gorgeous fireballs! They just glow around your neck and really make a pearl statement! WOW!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
oooooh, what a fun strand! love the shapes - those could either dress WAYYYY up or WAYYY down, love them!

silly questions, but, um, i've never worn any with that much edge to them - do those edges bother you at all? are they pokey?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pkinnew!

Juliebeth, no, they're not really pokey. The edges are actually quite thick. Although it looks like you're wearing shells, it doesn't feel that way. But they are heavy and I don't recommend jogging in them :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I find these pokey on bare skin -- probably better to double over a turtleneck:

wheat_0.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love fireballs as they make a statement due to their size for not a lot of money. They are heavy however.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ooo Perwinkle they look good...I prefer the longer look on you. This is where the interior measurement differs from the straight measurement. Those fat pearls take up a lot more room ! They have some lovely 'goldfish' tails ! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results