shape
carat
color
clarity

Roberto Coin small huggie hoop earrings

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to get a pair of small huggie earrings and Roberto Coin has always has diamond with sparkle, so I bit the bullet and ordered these last week. They are amazingly sparkly (haven't looked under my ideal scope to see cut too closely) but alas, they are way too small. They are lost under my hair, so looks like I'm going to have to go bigger, but will have to wait b/c I'm going to be buying studs soon.

Anyway, in case anyone has been wondering about the Roberto Coin small hoop earrings .20 ctw, here's a couple shots I took with my phone camera. Not going to spend too much time handling them since they're going back and I don't want to scratch them. They do look great in the sunlight, but I would need at least twice the stone size for them to show up properly.

rchoops.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry ear shot is so small. I took some in sunlight & in bathroom and can't seem to make them bigger...you get the general idea, though. TINY :(sad Oh well...

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are beautiful just the way they are!!! :love:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Rubies.....
I think they are really lovely !!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh well......... they do look lovely in your ears.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely, but I agree with going larger.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, too bad MC, always a bit of a bummer when something doesn't work out...you have your new studs to look forward to though!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the shots! :wavey: They do look small. 0.10 per hoop really isn't much. Agree with going bigger.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1385005199|3560318 said:
Thanks for posting the shots! :wavey: They do look small. 0.10 per hoop really isn't much. Agree with going bigger.

Yeah, they're a good size for someone in their 20s or who has tiny ear lobes and/or short hair.

I'm going to have to try some on locally to see what looks best and is still comfortable. With larger ct. weight, they may be too heavy. I don't like to feel earrings on my ears.

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi~! I think the huggies look pretty on your ear, but I do agree you could go bigger :naughty:
I don't know too much about roberto coin jewelry but I saw this on Ann's Fab Finds and maybe it's closer to what you're looking for?

http://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/shop/content/view/full/139144

or maybe not since those look like hoops and I guess huggies are supposed to be smaller? sorry, still confused about some of the jewelry terminology...

in any case, good luck!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are really pretty but I agree with going larger!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovefordiamonds|1385064320|3560780 said:
Hi~! I think the huggies look pretty on your ear, but I do agree you could go bigger :naughty:
I don't know too much about roberto coin jewelry but I saw this on Ann's Fab Finds and maybe it's closer to what you're looking for?

http://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/shop/content/view/full/139144

or maybe not since those look like hoops and I guess huggies are supposed to be smaller? sorry, still confused about some of the jewelry terminology...

in any case, good luck!

Those are pretty! I'm hoping for smaller in diameter, so more likely bigger stones... I for sure need to try some on in person. I'd like a pair that have presence when my hair is down, but not heavy that they stretch my ear lobes. The RC costs are just so high for items...I probably won't purchase a RC pair if I go bigger. My RC palm tree diamond pendant received TONS of compliments when I wore it, but it's not really in style any more.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1385006307|3560325 said:

Yeah, they're a good size for someone in their 20s or who has tiny ear lobes and/or short hair.

I'm going to have to try some on locally to see what looks best and is still comfortable. With larger ct. weight, they may be too heavy. I don't like to feel earrings on my ears.

My piercings are fairly recent and I can't wear heavy earrings without extreme discomfort (maybe people get used to it?) and have difficulty wearing anything I can feel/notice (including dangles) for more than a few hours. My j-hoops are 14k gold with 6 ten-pointers per hoop and they are incredibly comfortable and show up well. So you can definitely find ones that are lightweight.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's about the size I've been wanting but I probably don't have as much hair as
you do!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1385198543|3561624 said:
MC|1385006307|3560325 said:

My piercings are fairly recent and I can't wear heavy earrings without extreme discomfort (maybe people get used to it?) and have difficulty wearing anything I can feel/notice (including dangles) for more than a few hours. My j-hoops are 14k gold with 6 ten-pointers per hoop and they are incredibly comfortable and show up well. So you can definitely find ones that are lightweight.

Glad you found a pair that don't bother your ears. Where did you get them? Did you do a thread about them?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1385242769|3561782 said:
That's about the size I've been wanting but I probably don't have as much hair as
you do!

It might also be about lobe size. My lobes are so big. I wear REALLY small diamond jewelry and am a minimalist, but can easily wear huge earrings due to my lobes. I tried on a pair of 4 ctw studs at Tiffany's (lol!) and they were perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results