shape
carat
color
clarity

First Time Buyer - Thoughts on Stone?

Sawknee

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

First time buyer, spent the last few weeks researching heaps of information with regards to diamonds, including visiting plenty of local Australian stores which could not even come close to the prices I see at online stores (and frankly the paper quality). Would anyone be able to provide me any advice with regards to the following diamond, and things I should consider etc. If possible, if you can back up your reasoning with justification that would further assist with my understanding and learning.

I'm not able to get any further information about it at this stage.

Also, how often do VVS2 diamonds have visible inclusions through the side?

GIA Certified
Carat Weight: 0.75
Dimensions: 5.91x5.94x3.55mm
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Cut/Sym/Pol: X/X/X
Clarity Characteristics: Needle,Pinpoint

Depth: 60.0%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 33.5 degrees
Pavilion Angle: 40.8 degrees
Crown Height: 14.0%
Pavilion Height: 43.0%
Culet: None
Girdle: Thin to Medium (3%)
Star: 50%
Lower Half: 80%

Appreciate your time to view the thread. Great community here, I may just stay around, as diamond research has been actually enjoyable :S In another life I would want to be a gemologist.

loves_stones

Rough_Rock
The inclusions on a VVS2 would be hard to locate even when the stone is examined under magnification, let along the naked eye. Unless you had x-ray vision, you would not be able to see them through the top nor through the sides. I agree with ice_baby, it sounds like a VERY nice diamond.

Sawknee

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies. You are most likely correct on the clarity, just buying online I wanted to ensure its overkill than be sad when I find something in the future. Any thoughts on any of the proportions? I've noticed the HCA tool says Spread is excellent. Is this desirable? I havent found many cuts that have an 'excellent' spread so far.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results