Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for her!

April20

Ideal_Rock
That's pretty fantastic.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!! Though I don't like using the word bitch or bitchy to describe other girls. Besides that AWESOME!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, how fantastic!! :lol: I've always told my husband that we can't make any threat that we can't follow through on, but boy, I'm impressed! I'm guessing her kid will be MUCH better behaved from now on!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww jeez. Who hasn't embellished the truth to their parents about where and with whom they hung out?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1379701581|3524285 said:
Awww jeez. Who hasn't embellished the truth to their parents about where and with whom they hung out?

Seems like she might have lied about something pretty serious and good for the mom/parents for taking action. It's not OK to be disrespectful to your parents especially because they were being so generous with her. Trust is important in all relationships IMO and if you betray that well you need to face the consequences. Hopefully she will learn from this and grow as a person.

The mom seemed pretty pissed I have to say lol. Glad I'm not in her daughter's shoes right now!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely awesome. She sounds seriously pissed and resolute in their course of action. Impressive.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love her!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demeaning your child publicly is abuse.

With a mom like this no wonder the kid's screwed up.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1379706362|3524329 said:

Sorry but I disagree. She hasn't demeaned her daughter. She has pointed out the behavior that was wrong and why she is being punished. If she were calling her fat, ugly, stupid that is one thing. Her daughter is apparently a young teen and lied about where she was staying, along with a group of other girls, so they could hang out with older people. I'm of the group that believe that lack of punishment is part of what's wrong with today's youth. Kudos to her for making her child face consequences of her actions. Her addressing her daughter is in response to her daughter thinking that the punishment is a joke. It is no joke when you lie to your parents, and go somewhere that they are not aware of. If something had happened to said kid, how would her parents have known who to call, where to go, what to do?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praise in public.
Reprimand in private.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kenny. What happened to keeping your business private? I remember in the olden days in my home growing up, when voices were raised, windows were closed. The worst thing you could do is air your dirty laundry for the neighbors to hear.

Yes, I am sure the child deserved to be punished. The tickets could have been put up for sale with the parents explaining to their daughter her attitude is not acceptable. For the rest of the world this is TMI, imo.

Also, you reap what you sew. Calling anyone "bitchy" is not how you get respect.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1379706719|3524332 said:

Sorry but I disagree. She hasn't demeaned her daughter. She has pointed out the behavior that was wrong and why she is being punished. If she were calling her fat, ugly, stupid that is one thing. Her daughter is apparently a young teen and lied about where she was staying, along with a group of other girls, so they could hang out with older people. I'm of the group that believe that lack of punishment is part of what's wrong with today's youth. Kudos to her for making her child face consequences of her actions. Her addressing her daughter is in response to her daughter thinking that the punishment is a joke. It is no joke when you lie to your parents, and go somewhere that they are not aware of. If something had happened to said kid, how would her parents have known who to call, where to go, what to do?

I'm with Kenny on this one. Calling your kids friends bitches and calling everyone trollops is demeaning. I believe in being strict and I believe in follow through, but I wouldn't do it like this.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if I'd do this or not. As someone who is a parent, I've learned the hard way to never say never.
I will say that I will do whatever it takes. This varies with each child. I don't think her language is necessary but I have no problem with her actions. She is not publicly shaming her child as I see no link or private info listing the identity of the child in question so if this child's friends have seen this listing, it is only because the child chose to share the fact that it exists herself.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
The words may have been chosen with a bit less anger and hostility but I do admire that mom for having the guts to stick w the fact that bad actions or poor choices, can have some pretty intense consequences.

I'm in awe of that mom!

And yes indeed, her daughter is going to REALLY hit a new level of anger. Not sure this may end as mom had hoped....

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Well, I guess that listing is in the league with the father who shot up his daughter's laptop.
I agree that disciplining via a public venue is not the right way to go, but I sure don't blame them for rescinding a very generous gift.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who take umbrage with the "bitchy" and "trollops" parts (and I don't disagree), if those were removed would you be "more OK" with this?

I have no children, and The Demon and Oscar have never had their concert--or doggy park--tickets revoked due to bad behavior, but if anyone's interested in my opinion (and I fully respect if you are not!), aside from the bitchy/trollop parts, I applaud this mother.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1379722788|3524488 said:
For those of you who take umbrage with the "bitchy" and "trollops" parts (and I don't disagree), if those were removed would you be "more OK" with this?

I have no children, and The Demon and Oscar have never had their concert--or doggy park--tickets revoked due to bad behavior, but if anyone's interested in my opinion (and I fully respect if you are not!), aside from the bitchy/trollop parts, I applaud this mother.

LOL Demon and Oscar have the world's best mommy Dee Jay and they know when they have a good thing going.

I agree that it would have been better if she didn't use that kind of language as she isn't setting the best example with those words. At least she isn't raising her kids to think the world revolves around them and only them. :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1379706871|3524336 said:
Praise in public.
Reprimand in private.

Well as the saying goes- people vary I guess!

I think so many of us are praising the mother because we are in awe that she actually stuck to her guns on this one. As already stated I'm not in love with the language she used but in this day and age where you fold to children's wishes more often then not, I'm all for this mom who followed through. If it were me I wouldn't have aired it for the world (and for all we know this is a very good marketing ploy to sell tickets), but this woman might have needed a large wake up call to her daughter. I personally think it came across loud and clear.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Before I had kids I would have agreed with you, but until you have raised a hormonal, feral out of control teen for yourself I am not so sure. If public humiliation is the only way to stop your child lying and sneaking out of the house to be exposed to drugs, potential gang rape or date rape by older boys or men at parties and so on then I believe decent parents would resort to anything to protect their kids.

I used to be a high school teacher btw and the little darlings these days can hold their own when it comes to verbally abusing their parents, peers and adults, lying and in some cases physically hitting and abusing parents and teachers, stealing and so on, so without more history I don't think we are in a place to judge.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I don't understand is why are these 1 way tickets? Was the original plan to send their child and friends a long way away... with no provisions for return?

Hmmmm.....

Have a great day;

Perry

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
One Direction is the name of the band, Perry.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
perry|1379734214|3524596 said:
What I don't understand is why are these 1 way tickets? Was the original plan to send their child and friends a long way away... with no provisions for return?

Hmmmm.....

Have a great day;

Perry

LOL! I'm sure it's occurred to mom!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
missy|1379724112|3524498 said:

LOL Demon and Oscar have the world's best mommy Dee Jay and they know when they have a good thing going.

I agree that it would have been better if she didn't use that kind of language as she isn't setting the best example with those words. At least she isn't raising her kids to think the world revolves around them and only them. :appl:

Interesting convo! Personally, I think the mum chose to use those words to bring in the idea of reputation...that people from outside her daughter's friendship circle will be judging her daughter's behaviour, and that some people might easily say that her daughter behaved like a 'trollop'. And I've seen young girls, they really are 'bitchy'... :knockout:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Praise in public.
Reprimand in private.

+1

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
LaraOnline|1379763673|3524691 said:

Interesting convo! Personally, I think the mum chose to use those words to bring in the idea of reputation...that people from outside her daughter's friendship circle will be judging her daughter's behaviour, and that some people might easily say that her daughter behaved like a 'trollop'. And I've seen young girls, they really are 'bitchy'... :knockout:

I could not figure out where you saw the word "trollop" until I found the link and realized there was a second paragraph. In addition to her language, I did not care for the way she was basically referring to her daughter's friends as _______ become some did not have fathers. Starting to like this mother less and less. Her intentions might have been good, but her delivery was not, imo.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59 said:
LaraOnline|1379763673|3524691 said:

I could not figure out where you saw the word "trollop" until I found the link and realized there was a second paragraph. In addition to her language, I did not care for the way she was basically referring to her daughter's friends as _______ become some did not have fathers. Starting to like this mother less and less. Her intentions might have been good, but her delivery was not, imo.

I work with middle schoolers and owned 3 teenagers. They certainly can hold their own. In this dauphin of parents bending over backwards to please said children, she is a refreshing change. I'm not keen on her words, I think she posted in the heat of anger. Plus we don't live in her house.

This week in school the TV production teacher found a treat on one of her student used cameras.
Instead of recording himself creating a PSA for his assignment one young man decided to "twerk" for the camera, as he did so his pants slid to the ground and we were treated to his bare behind.

When school called mom, she went ballistic about his behavior, never once blamed anyone. When the AP called her later to tell her said student had been informed of both his punishment and that she knew, she replied oh wait till he sees what is waiting for him at home. She had stripped his room of all electronics, took everything but his bed and dresser out and gave his xbox to his brother! And he was to write a note of apology to the teacher for having to see that and the fact that he misused school property.

Nominate her for Mother of the Year.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Praise in public.
Reprimand in private.

Well, sometimes. If when kid threw a tantrum in public because he couldn't have something he wanted {I think it was a Thomas The tank Engine clock} I swatted his backside and carried a screaming 4 year old thru the mall to the car.

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
I cant open the link for some reason :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results