shape
carat
color
clarity

best time of year to buy diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mcclellan

Rough_Rock
Is there a better time of year to buy a diamond? I heard that late december is a good time because the dealers don't want to have to pay taxes on their diamonds. Is this true?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1991 was a good year. Something about the lack of rainfall I think.
The best time is when it is the right time for you. Not 1 minute before or a minute later.

If there is any seasonal variablility it might make about .1% difference, ie $1000 in a million $'s of purchases.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 5/18/2002 5:01:20 AM

1991 was a good year. Something about the lack of rainfall I think.
The best time is when it is the right time for you. Not 1 minute before or a minute later.

If there is any seasonal variablility it might make about .1% difference, ie $1000 in a million $'s of purchases.

----------------

LOL Garry! :)

I would wonder though if some retailers are not more motivated at some times than others. It could be an individual thing and difficult to judge. A retailer who buys stock and has had diamonds around for a long time, may want to make a deal so he can have cash around to buy more stock that is more likely to sell based on his clientele.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results