shape
carat
color
clarity

1920s two piece ring? Need info, please help!

kgwalpol

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamond Experts,

I was just given a ring that was purchased by my boyfriends grandmother in the 40s. She got it at "an auction on the boardwalk." His mother insists "the diamonds are nothing special," but the style of the ring is what I'm obsessed with! I'm assuming its from the 20's maybe 30's, given its deco-style. But if anyone knows anything else, I would really appreciate you sharing your expertise!

Thanks so much, and sorry for the poor picture quality...it was all I could snap before my boyfriend took it to hide away. :love:

img_3481.jpg

img_3482.jpg

img_3483_0.jpg

img_3485_0.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the center ring is probably an art deco-era piece. It could also be considered an "Edwardian" style ring, but the trapezoidal designs on either side of the shank seem pretty art deco. Are there any markings that indicate these two pieces were manufactured together? The ring guard/ring enhancer looks more 40's/50's than art deco to me, but maybe the designer was just foreward-thinking!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. Yes the centre ring looks 1930s to 40s to me and the ring guard is later. It's is a very attractive ring set and lucky you.

maga

Rough_Rock
Yes, this duett should go together. One is the engagement ring, and the central (possibly presented later) is the wedding ring. Very beautiful, fantastic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results