shape
carat
color
clarity

Single or full cut diamonds for EC halo...opinions?

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of re-setting my EC into a micro pave halo but am unsure of what type of melee to go with. I have been in contact with a couple of vendors and they have differing opinions.

One suggested using single cut melee which would match better with step cuts and antique faceted stones. I thought that made sense since I've read on here that they give off bolder flashes of light than full cut diamonds.

But then I was told by another vendor that since we would be using very small diamonds, I would actually have less flashes of light from the single cuts. He recommended using full cuts but ultimately left the decision up to me.

The setting will be for 1.26ct EC and for the halo, I plan on using half pointers. The band will be about 1.8mm.

Does anyone have pics of single and full cut halos for a side by side comparison?

I've never seen single cut stones in person and would greatly appreciate everyone's advice.

TIA!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
For more antique cuts or antique settings I would use single cuts. They are more mellow, where as full cuts are more modern icey white. When I had my MRB halo'ed I used full cuts, but then later for my antique cushion I went with full. Regardless I think both would look great. Pending on what vendor you go with I would probably follow their opinion as they would know best what would work with your diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor made my sapphire halo earrings and he recommended single cut. I would probably choose single cut for a ring halo as well with any older style cut such as EC, asscher, OEC, antique cushion.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1371912963|3470465 said:
Victor made my sapphire halo earrings and he recommended single cut. I would probably choose single cut for a ring halo as well with any older style cut such as EC, asscher, OEC, antique cushion.
+1

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies, for your opinions!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results