shape
carat
color
clarity

Help 3 Stone ring 10 yr anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcola

Rough_Rock
For our anniversary we are deciding between 2 rings.
First one Round Brilliant diamond Color H VS2 clarity platinum t.w. .96 for 3 stones for $3100. Would I seen any hint of yellow? If so out of question. Or any black impurities?

The second ring is Round brilliant center stone is a F color
.54 ct
WS1 clarity
Ideal cut
Sym/polish Ideal
medium blue flourescence
girdle thin to thick faceted
60.2%
55%
GIA report
the sidestones are .27 G color Ws1 and a Ws2. blue flourescence.Debating which to go with. On this ring I have the option of platinum or 18 kt. yellow gold. I don't care for the dullness of platinum I like white gold but this is not an option. Which would stand out better to show this ring off platinum or yellow gold? This ring runs about $5000.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/7/2004 11:00:34 AM kcola wrote:

Would I seen any hint of yellow? If so out of question. Or any black impurities?

----------------

VS2's should be eye clean, and not all inclusions are black to start with. You candefinitely find SI1s eye clean with no black inclusions, and VS2 is quite safe given the respective szie range. Anyway, VVS sounds like overkill.

Judging color is easier - all it takes is a trip to the next jeweler asking for a GIA graded H color diamond. The worse the cut the more any hint of color will show. Your ideal rounds could only look "more colorless" than any other H color. So your local inspection cannot go wrong
read.gif

It makes little sense IMO to buy higher grades than the look you want requires, just to hedge all bets - even if buying online you still get to see the ring before the sale is final given some standard return policy.

I really don't think you can go wrong with three H color H&A rounds. And it should be easy enough for the jeweler to pick them without black spots! But this just my opinion, you can obviously open this to a full fledged vote
2.gif

What is the setting going to be like?

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
$5000 is a bit high for the second one. Both seem like quality would be great for 3 stone rings considering most 3 stone rings are sold with much lower grade stones.

kcola

Rough_Rock
Platinum prong setting on the H color probably from Blue Nile.

I know it sounds silly but I used to have a friend who had a beautiful diamond ring it was clear and white looking. Everytime it hit the sunlight it had a special looking fluorescence look to me. I think it was pink or blue not quite sure. I have never seen one that sparkled like that before the sparkle in the sunlight was different. Thats what I want something that sparkles differently. What was it you think? Or was it just an round brilliant diamond? Could this H color do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results