shape
carat
color
clarity

18KL & PLAT ring question

Chris Bradley

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am new to the forum and have been trying to find an answer for the mark on my rings. My wife and I purchased a set of wedding bands around 15 plus years ago from a reputable source. I say that because I cant remember where but, did a lot of research before purchasing. Unfortunately we have not been able a to find a jeweler that can size a gold and platinum ring so we are going to end up selling the set. I have been to five reputable jewelers and they all have no clue about the marking on the rings. The man's ring is marked 18KL & PLAT. The women's is marked *18K PLAT. Yes the asterisk is before the 18K on the second ring. They look identical but the woman's is a comfort fit and the man's is not.

I initially assumed the "L," meant layered or plated. Literally six reputable jewelers state that they do not think they are layered or plated. They have never seen a ring labeled like this.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

18KL & PLAT
*18K PLAT

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a very old ring (bought in 1927) that had both the markings for gold and plat. I assumed that the shank was made from one metal, and the mount for the diamonds, in the other.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results