shape
carat
color
clarity

Please suggest some wedding bands for M color AVC solitaire!

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
I have a 0.86 M VS1 AVC platinum Vatche solitaire. I'm having a really hard time picking out a wedding band. I originally wanted a band with diamonds, but the color contrast between the melee and the M AVC drove me nuts. My dream wedding band would be the Single Stone FRETC-6 eternity rectangular French cut with milgrain edging, but I'm hesitant to spend 5-7k on a French cut band without being able to see one in person first.

Right now I'm considering carved/engraved bands -- no diamond contrast to worry about, and not as boring as a plain platinum band. I'm having a hard time finding one I like, however.

I'd like something more unique than just a plain platinum band. Does anyone have any suggestions? Engraved band, or suck up the color difference and get a band with diamonds? I'm going a little crazy over this.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please suggest some wedding bands for M color AVC solita

gemstone band? like a vintage french cut ruby or sapphire one?
Tiny rolling trinity band?
how much were you looking to spend?
One of those Tiffanystyle ones that are plat with gold on the outside ?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the suggestions!

We were prepared to spend 6k on the SingleStone band, but I'd really prefer to keep it below 3k. I'm looking for something more delicate than chunky -- my engagement ring band is 2mm, so I'm thinking of a thin band to go with it (the AVC bands are GORGEOUS, but I think they're just too big).

I had thought about a gemstone band, specifically sapphires, but I think I'd prefer to stick with diamonds or no stones at all. And if I go with diamonds, I think it would have to be French cuts or baguettes to try and minimize contrast.

My fiance feels bad and wants to upgrade my center stone to a higher color, but I'm too sentimental to do that.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Honestly I think a plain metal band works best. The only way I would personally wear a diamond band with a solitaire M- color stone is if I could get french cuts in that same color range because they seem to show body color well and so blend well with more tinted diamonds. But I prefer metal only.

A blingy band for the right hand?

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock

I think Leon Mege's antique calibre eternity would look amazing with your ring. It is so delicate and very unique.
Plus i think the shape of the cuts compliments an antique cushion without looking to matchy.
I am sure he can make it in lower color stones.

http://www.micropave.com/index.php/antique-wedding-band.html

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock

I decided to go with the Single Stone band. My fiance convinced me that the money was worth it to get what I really want, since it's something I'll wear for the rest of my life. I talked to Heather at SS today, and even though the price on that ring has increased since I last contacted them, they honored a quote from December for me, so I was really impressed with their customer service! I set up the wire transfer today, so hopefully I'll be seeing it in about six weeks!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a beautiful band - I hope you find yourself loving it when it arrives!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

That's great, good on you singlestone for honouring your quote! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results