Fire: Ex
Scil: Ex
Spread: Ex
Atlas: 1B

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have pictures and an idealscope image of the stone? Numbers look good and it is worth exploring. You do have to have someone examine the stone in various lighting to be sure the SBF isn't causing any problems, but it probably isn't unless the diamond has a lot of clouds or something.

My personal preference is for diamonds with tables of 54-58, so I probably wouldn't consider this diamond for myself, though.

LLB617

Rough_Rock
There was no idealscope or image. The expert there did an eye test and said it looked good. But that doesn't carry much weight, in my opinion.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's worth looking into. But I wouldn't buy a stone without seeing the ideal scope.

LLB617

Rough_Rock
Alright so diamond noobie question.

This diamond is from blue nile, which doesn't provide images or idealscopes. Is there any way to get images or idealscopes for this diamond? I think someone mentioned in another topic that he sent the info of a diamond to whiteflash and they were able to provide an idealscope.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me personally, I like a 60/60 stone - if well-cut - as they can be very bright and return a lot of white light. I also like E/F colors and strong blue fluor. As the numbers look good, If there is a reasonable return policy and this was the type of stone I was searching for, I would purchase it so I could examine it in person and even have an independent appraiser take a look at it (while still in the return period).

(eta: since it is Blue Nile, we know they have an excellent return policy and the 30-days allows you plenty of time to inspect it etc.)

Another option might be to see if ID Jewelry could call this stone in for you and examine it and send you images, etc.

I think WF now requires you pay for an outside stone before they bring it in, but I may be mis-remembering their new policy.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I would do some more research and see if some other vendor has it. whiteflash, ID jewelry (like Marymm mentioned), and I think good old gold can call stones in and they all do idealscopes.

LLB617

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. I'll reach out to them. You guys have been really helpful.

I'll keep you posted.

LLB617

Rough_Rock
Spoke with someone from ID Jewelry who was able to pull the diamond. It was located in CA but the notes said it was "milky."

Definitely dodged a bullet there. Thank you all for your help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results