shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band for Asscher E-ring

prepchic13

Rough_Rock
Hi Friends! I love the message boards and need some advice. I have a 2 carat asscher cut e-ring with baguettes and am looking for an eternity band that will compliment the ring. I'm not sure what I'm looking for -- I have thought about an end-on-end baguette eternity band (but can't find good pics of that anywhere) or could be convinced to go less matchy, like a round shared prong eternity. Any suggestions or photos you can share to help me visualize the set? Thanks in advance (and sorry for the bad photo)!

photo_172.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring! I think baguettes would be good. I really can't picture rounds with it at all.

Well, the Facets Collection site is down at the moment, so I can't link any from there right now.

In the meanwhile, here is one from Tiffany:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00326&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+9-c+288152-r+101323340+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

This I adore but it is probably through the roof expensive:

http://www.kwiat.com/fine-diamond-jewelry/emerald-cut-diamond-eternity-band-bezel-setting-platinum/p/58158/100/0/0?product=163

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prepchic13|1360017462|3372241 said:
Hi Friends! I love the message boards and need some advice. I have a 2 carat asscher cut e-ring with baguettes and am looking for an eternity band that will compliment the ring. I'm not sure what I'm looking for -- I have thought about an end-on-end baguette eternity band (but can't find good pics of that anywhere) or could be convinced to go less matchy, like a round shared prong eternity. Any suggestions or photos you can share to help me visualize the set? Thanks in advance (and sorry for the bad photo)!

Will you wear the band often? Often with your Ering?
Are you dead set on an eternity?
Your ring is beautiful and so classic, I'd love to see it paired with a plain band. A simple band would let your Ering take all of the stage ::)

BoulderGal's:
file.jpg

Megeve's:
file.jpg

Lotus99's:
Handshot1.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1360019277|3372264 said:
That is a beautiful ring! I think baguettes would be good. I really can't picture rounds with it at all.

Well, the Facets Collection site is down at the moment, so I can't link any from there right now.

In the meanwhile, here is one from Tiffany:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00326&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+9-c+288152-r+101323340+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

This I adore but it is probably through the roof expensive:

http://www.kwiat.com/fine-diamond-jewelry/emerald-cut-diamond-eternity-band-bezel-setting-platinum/p/58158/100/0/0?product=163

+1..
DS we think a like, hehehe.

The Facet collection site has been down for about a month now. Hmm... wonder what is going on there...the Facet collection has some great eternity bands including an asscher eternity if you so choose.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, they surely are taking their time if the site has been down a month! Wow!

I noticed that Megeve wears diamond bands like the Tiffany one I posted. I kind of do like the idea of e-ring, thin plain band, then diamond band if there is enough room on the finger.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
DS,

I like that idea but a slight variation:

eternity
ering
plain band....

so watch this space.... well not this one but later on.... hehehehehehe

a man with stackers!!! that sounds funny, but i wont thread jack anymore. promise

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1360026092|3372340 said:
DS,

I like that idea but a slight variation:

eternity
ering
plain band....

so watch this space.... well not this one but later on.... hehehehehehe

a man with stackers!!! that sounds funny, but i wont thread jack anymore. promise

:bigsmile: I'll be watching!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love this: https://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/wedding-band-platinum-diamonds
There is an asscher ering on here similar to yours which is worn with this Leon band. I can't find it. I think it was posted about 2 yrs ago. I love this band so I found something similar.

I have a 2.15ct 5 stone e-w ec band. Here's a pic with my ec before I had it set.

my_ec_and_band_0.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• imageuploadedbytapatalk1360042431.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,426

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• imageuploadedbytapatalk1360042579.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,426

prepchic13

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1360025131|3372324 said:
Greg, they surely are taking their time if the site has been down a month! Wow!

I noticed that Megeve wears diamond bands like the Tiffany one I posted. I kind of do like the idea of e-ring, thin plain band, then diamond band if there is enough room on the finger.

I agree - I like this idea a lot. The only thing is I'm not in love with channel set eternity band... haha I realize I am quite picky :/

prepchic13

Rough_Rock

prepchic13

Rough_Rock
Also -- please excuse my ignorance but what is ERD/ WF? And what is EC? Newbie!!! :confused:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi prepchic13!

ERD is engagement rings direct, an online vendor

WF is Whiteflash, another vendor

EC is emerald cut

I personally like the look of asscher or baguette band with some round melee stones mixed in to soften the whole look of the set since the baguette + asscher ering is very angular... however it is personal taste and some people like the look of straight lines more than curved. You have a beautiful ering by the way! Or maybe a tiny eternity with princess but stones to give the set a different look apart from the step cut (baguette, emerald cut, asscher cut) look? what do you like best amongst all the suggestions? Please post when once u get your new band!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi prepchic13!

EC is emerald cut

I personally like the look of asscher or baguette band with some round melee stones mixed in to soften the whole look of the set since the baguette + asscher ering is very angular... however it is personal taste and some people like the look of straight lines more than curved. You have a beautiful ering by the way! Or maybe an eternity band with princess cut stones to give the set a different look apart from the step cut (baguette, emerald cut, asscher cut) look? what do you like best amongst all the suggestions? Please post when once u get your new band!

prepchic13

Rough_Rock
fiona00004|1360080894|3372776 said:
Hi prepchic13!

EC is emerald cut

I personally like the look of asscher or baguette band with some round melee stones mixed in to soften the whole look of the set since the baguette + asscher ering is very angular... however it is personal taste and some people like the look of straight lines more than curved. You have a beautiful ering by the way! Or maybe an eternity band with princess cut stones to give the set a different look apart from the step cut (baguette, emerald cut, asscher cut) look? what do you like best amongst all the suggestions? Please post when once u get your new band!

thanks for the info Fiona! I do also like the idea of mixing in some round stones to soften the angular look. So far I like Yssie's post of Megeve's eternity band though I would prefer one that isn't channel set (I don't know why but I don't love the look of channel set or bezel set diamonds as much). I think my favorite is the second from the top of the Harry Winston examples Rosebloom linked to: http://www.harrywinston.com/store/engagement/wedding-bands/products/001b_diamondbandrings

thoughts?

sazza100

Rough_Rock
I too am looking for a baguette style wedding band to match my asscher engagement ring but have been told by my jeweller that the baguettes bands tend to look old quickly. He said that its hard to get diamonds that are exactly the same size meaning that over time when they move slightly they end up looking uneven. Is this the case???? :shock:

Also he mentioned that they tend to look dark in-between each of the diamonds due to general grease and grim and that they are hard to keep looking nice and sparkly.I want some sparkle as i know step cuts tend to have less than rounds etc as it is!

His suggestion was an asscher wedding band but I just don't feel they look as nice with my engagement ring.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, is this really the case for baguettes?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results