shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on diamond choice please!!

Tucson123

Rough_Rock
I have been researching on this site for a couple weeks now and think I found a diamond that fits my needs. The gf has given me zero input, so I am trying to figure this out myself! I was shooting for 1 carat and wanted to get the best cut possible for my budget. After that, I dropped color and clarity to add to the carat. I figured the G-H and VS2 range was good because based on what others have said, it sounds like it's diminishing return after that (at least for the average person). This is what I found:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2696771.htm

I would really appreciate anyone's opinion on the quality of this diamond. I'm fairly "comfortable" with the 4c's, but after that, things like Ideal Scope, Aset, pavilion angle, etc make my head spin!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a bunch!

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful diamond! Did you ask WF to compared it to an ACA?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a great diamond. Nice choice.

Tucson123

Rough_Rock
I didn't even realize it was not the ACA, thanks for noticing. Now I am thinking about this one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2721316.htm

Everything else seems similar. I will call them and see what the difference is. Although this one is a little smaller carat, I doubt the .04 difference is all that noticeable in the real terms. I guess there is just something about knowing that I got the best cut is worth it to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first stone is ideal cut and there is not a thing wrong with it! I am pretty sure if the stones were the same size you'd not be able to tell them apart. Either one is a very nice choice, so you can't go wrong!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results