shape
carat
color
clarity

Great customer service experience stories.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've shared bad customer services experiences throughout many posts, so here's a chance to share positive experiences.

Our new Neiman's in Walnut Creek has been great in general. And yesterday I was there with a friend who was buying something, and I went to have a seat to get off my feet and I was thinking I should take an advil cause they were hurting pretty bad. A sales person walked by and stopped and smile and asked if they could get me some water. Didn't ask me anything else (which I appreciated) and when I said I would love one, went straight away to get me one and brought back some lemon wafers as well. It was just the attentive and happy way they did it that really impressed me.

How about you? Non-bling related/ bling related... doesn't matter. Just customer service experiences that made a positive impression on you.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I love my Kindle; when the screen froze halfway through a reboot about 3 months after getting it I was pretty upset. I called Amazon (at midnight, no less), and the tech there walked me though all the hard reboot stuff. It didn't work, and within a 5 minute phone call, he had determined that it was defective, and he had another one sent to me immediately. It arrived within 48 hours, and included a return shipping lable for the broken one. No cost to me at all. And all my books were right there in my account to transfer to the new one, too- easy peasy.

2 years later, the replacement Kindle is going strong; I've never had another problem with it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazon has Excellent Customer Service; anytime something goes wrong, they make it right. I can't puffy heart Amazon enough!

Costco is awesome too, I love how they want to make everything right too!

I might have a post about some other store in a couple of days, I had to make some phone calls so I will come back and post if they came through.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reason I love Nordstrom #12908190212:
I love wearing Vera Wang's Lillian flats. They're the softest leather flats with a very very minor heel, so that the arch isn't completely unsupported. Problem: They're $200. I looked everywhere for an alternate pair, but nothing has ever been as comfortable. In the past few years, I have bought multiple pairs to replace old ones. Last Christmas, they went on sale, then on clearance, and now they're discontinued. I pulled up their online chat, and spoke to a CSR about the two pairs I had just bought at 33% off a few months ago, because they were now 50% off. I wasn't expecting anything back. I just wanted to try. She/He not only paid me back the difference for the last two pairs, but credited me the difference for EVERY PAIR I HAD PURCHASED. I think, by that time, I had purchased around 5 or 6 pairs. If that's not customer service, I don't know what is.

Reason I love Nordstrom #12908190213:
Last Christmas, I bought SO a peacoat. I forget how much it was, but it carried a hefty price tag. The day after Christmas, I checked their website, and that exact peacoat was now on sale. I went back to shop the after-Christmas sale, and while I was getting rung up, I pulled out my receipt for SO's peacoat. I didn't even bring the darn coat. The SA credited me back the difference between purchase price and current sale price. I complained that it was hard to find SO's sizes during sales, because all the good stuff was usually in sizes XL and up. He told me to just buy everything prior to Christmas, and bring in the receipt after, because their policy will let them back-credit prior purchases.

Reason I love Nordstrom #12908190214:
I wanted to try the Tria system. It's an in-home laser hair removal device, for $600. I rationalized that $600 for endless treatments is a steal compared to paying thousands at clinics. I brought the thing home, and after a year of masochistic torture, I was showing no results. I didn't have the time to take it in, so SO took it in for me. He had my receipt, and my credit card, with a handwritten note that he had my permission to return the item to my card. They couldn't accept the note to use my credit card, so they gave him CASH. They could have been a PITA, and had me drive there myself.

I love Apple:
My laptop started to randomly select things and highlight things, a week before finals. Uh oh. I tried working with it, but it would randomly highlight things and move them or delete them. I took it in to Apple, without an appointment, and was panicking because finals were in a few days. The guy there helped me figure out that my battery had swollen up, and was pressing up into my mouse/tracker pad. He said that he could replace the battery for me, but it was going to take a few days for it to get there. I said I couldn't leave my laptop for not even one day because of finals, so he rush ordered the battery for me without requiring me to leave my laptop. He got the battery in the next morning! It had only been a few hours! I brought in my laptop, and he changed the battery for me right then and there. I don't think I will ever buy any other brand for laptops. They are too convenient for their customers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Nordstrom is amazing!!! I love them too based on your experiences Madelise! I am going to have to start shopping there! :appl: Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Skippy- I totally agree that Costco rules that way. They really want to make their customers happy and you cannot go wrong with that model! Though I do see some people taking advantage which I dislike intensely but you cannot control others. I love Amazon too!

Not sure this story counts but yesterday my dh and I were at the Brooklyn Flea and my dh loves soap so was purchasing a bar to try from a company he had never bought from before. They make handmade soaps. Anyway, he only bought one bar no biggie but the salesperson there handed me a bar and said he wanted me to try this as a gift from him! How nice! I was very touched (who doesn't like free stuff right!) and if I like it I will definitely buy from their company again because I appreciate generous and thoughtful businesses.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
A co-worker of mine was leaving for a flight one afternoon. She realized that she really needed a pair of comfy, slightly dressy flats to wear but didn't have time to go shopping. She called Nordstrom's, told them which shoes she wanted, they not only found her size, but took her credit card # over the phone, but told her to call them when she was outside the store and they would run them out to her so she wouldn't need to park and run in, on her way to the airport. She was skeptical thinking they would forget or someone would drop the ball. Nope! She called, the person in the shoe department had them at her car 5 minutes later! Crazy good customer service at Nordstrom's!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that Nordstrom is amazing, and has the best customer service.

Twice, they've given me money back on items that I purchased full price and later saw on sale. Neither time did I have a receipt or the item itself--the first time I saw a suit on sale and said, "I just bought that last week at full price!" Sales associate put the difference on my card. The second time was with the shoes I bought for my wedding, same situation--no receipt, they just trusted me and put money on my card.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are great stories, and I'm glad Amazon and Nordstrom has such great customer service. I've never shopped at either one before, and now I think I'm missing out!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I've got a couple stories. One is with Fisher Price. Our baby swing broke, something with the motor. I did an online chat and within 5 minutes or so, the rep was sending us a new motor. I didn't even have a proof of purchase. Another is Shutterfly. I got some prints and the quality was sub-par. Same thing, online chat. They overnighted a new set to me. Zappos is also great. I got some shoes that were the wrong size. The overnighted me a new pair, and I just had to return the wrong ones within 10 days or something.

I'm huge on customer service. At a restaurant, I'd be happier with great service and crappy food than I would with amazing food and bad service.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1353953647|3315765 said:
Our new Neiman's in Walnut Creek has been great in general.

I didn't realize you were in WC...I used to live there :)

kefira

Shiny_Rock
amc80|1353968623|3315972 said:

:wavey: My dog's vet is in Walnut Creek. And to be on topic: the vet hospital offers free lattes/mochas to clients. Our doctor brought in soymilk just for me and my husband (both vegan), so that we could have coffee. I thought it was such a sweet gesture.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kefira|1353970176|3315988 said:
amc80|1353968623|3315972 said:

:wavey: My dog's vet is in Walnut Creek. And to be on topic: the vet hospital offers free lattes/mochas to clients. Our doctor brought in soymilk just for me and my husband (both vegan), so that we could have coffee. I thought it was such a sweet gesture.

That's awesome! Reminds me of my dentist. Paraffin hand wax, scented/warmed neck pillow, satellite radio with bose headphones, etc. I love going to the dentist.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This seems so paltry in comparison to Madelise's Nordstrom story, but when we were in LV, my son wore his Fossil watch which he'd received a year earlier for his 21st birthday, and I'd purchased at that same outlet store (Premium North Outlet in Las Vegas). In that year, there was something wrong with the clasp that it would not 'catch' properly so he stopped wearing it for a long time, then eventually began to wear it again, but taped it together!

We brought it to the Fossil store and told them the story and the SA went to the manager and said, "These are Canadians who can't wait for a repair... how can we help?" The manager looked at us, silently walked over to the locked display, took out a brand new one, swapped it and off we went with a brand new watch!!! My son was thrilled! No fuss no muss, no questions - I guess we looked so forelorn! They can send it back to the factory and get it all tuned up/polished/replace the clasp, at their leisure, but it sure impressed the two of us :praise:

Yay Fossil outlet at the LV North Premium outlet mall!! :appl:

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Backcountry honored an exchange before receiving back the original item. I ordered a pair of ski pants that were on sale, but they did not fit. I called them and they sent me another pair in my size so that I could have them for a trip that weekend.

Pottery Barn refunded the delivery charge on my bed because the delivery company didn't install it properly.

E-Wedding Bands was infinitely patient with my wedding band customization.

Thrive Furniture has a great return policy. There's a 30-day free return window. I exchanged a sofa for a sectional and they couldn't have been nicer or easier to work with.

Lowe's gave me a discount for a refrigerator that I had bought online even though the discount was for in-store and new purchases only.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I went to a tiny new running shop in my neighborhood to get new running shoes and the owner was awesome. He had me take a short run outside and videoed my feet, then analyzed my stride and showed me on the video what he was talking about. Based on that, he recommended a couple pairs and had me go outside to take a short run in each before I decided which ones to get. The ones I liked were the most expensive, but he knocked a bit off the price and even threw in a free pair of socks, all of his own initiative. And he seemed like just a super nice guy in general. I'll definitely be going back. I'd love to name the business but I'm afraid to identify my neighborhood too closely here :blackeye:, but a glowing yelp review is definitely in order!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1353971915|3316002 said:
This seems so paltry in comparison to Madelise's Nordstrom story, but when we were in LV, my son wore his Fossil watch which he'd received a year earlier for his 21st birthday, and I'd purchased at that same outlet store (Premium North Outlet in Las Vegas). In that year, there was something wrong with the clasp that it would not 'catch' properly so he stopped wearing it for a long time, then eventually began to wear it again, but taped it together!

We brought it to the Fossil store and told them the story and the SA went to the manager and said, "These are Canadians who can't wait for a repair... how can we help?" The manager looked at us, silently walked over to the locked display, took out a brand new one, swapped it and off we went with a brand new watch!!! My son was thrilled! No fuss no muss, no questions - I guess we looked so forelorn! They can send it back to the factory and get it all tuned up/polished/replace the clasp, at their leisure, but it sure impressed the two of us :praise:

that is awesome!!!!

Well on Friday I bought a Handbag from Bloomingdale's and today it was less expensive; I called them up and they made a price adjustment. It drives me nutty when that happens but it made me happy that made that adjustment!! :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dyson. Dyson. Dyson. Love their products--and their customer service is top notch. Loose something on your Dyson system--have a NEW part, FREE--delivered to your door....

OH and I had excellent customer service at Estee Lauder at The Bay not that long ago.......

Oh and that cutie from at the Gas Bar who ran to my car to give me the iced tea I forgot....how sweet!

cheers--Sharon

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
This is so timely!

When I started my car after work today I thought "gee, my lights don't seem to be working." I was on the phone with my Dad and he mentioned that when DH and I pulled out of my parents' drive on Thanksgiving they noticed we had a headlight out. Oddly enough, while my 1991 Volvo had a "light out" alert, my 2008 Subaru does not. :nono: (That's probably the only thing I don't like about my car, but I find it infuriating!)

I knew then that my second light had blown.

I work 38 miles from home and it was already pitch black.

I pulled into a local mechanic near my job who I use for oil changes and tune ups, only to find they had just closed. The young man inside (maaaaybe a whopping 23 years old) opened the door and said, "Pull it right in! You come here all the time, I'll take care of it myself." Then he said "Wait, did you drive over from work without your lights? You could have called!"

That is the kind of customer service that will a) keep me coming back and b) encourage me to refer my friends. It reminds me of the old "home town business" spirit.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1353971915|3316002 said:

OH THIS STORY REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER I<3NORDYS STORY!
I bought SO a Michael Kors watch years ago. It was one of the first presents I've ever gotten him. It's not the typical leather or metal watch. It has links, like a metal one does, but it's rubber-y. He loves it, because he likes matte finishes, and hates metal's "shininess". One of the link's rubber part wore off and broke. After all, it has been 3 years, and he wears that thing daily. We brought it back to Nordies, and they sent it out to Michael Kors to fix. We got back a brand new watch. I guess this is more of an "I<3MK" rather than an "I<3Nordys" story, but.. Nordys was our medium :bigsmile:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I had great customer service at Keurig.com. I bought a keurig coffee machine almost a year ago and it stopped working. I called for technical support and within ten minutes they suggested that they replace the coffeemaker. I'm so glad to have a replacement just in time for the holiday season :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nordies has always been #1 for me. Always out of the park. And Apple has as well.

steelmagnolia

Rough_Rock
Zappos. I ordered a pair of sandals, they arrived but didn't fit. I called to tell them I would be returning them and was also in a bit of a dilemma. I needed the replacement quickly, since I was leaving for Vegas the next week. They shipped out the replacement pair that day prior to receiving back the return, and I received them Next Day Air for free. That pair had a minor defect :( Called again. They again shipped another pair prior to receiving my return, and this time upgraded me to permanent VIP status where I get all my orders shipped Next Day Air for free. I click a special link whenever I need to shop and that's how I get my status "recognized". I'd always had good CS with Zappos but this was GREAT CS.

Bed Bath & Beyond is another one that is always fabulous to me here as well. They offer a generous return policy, they take their 20% coupons even if they're expired, let you use more than one per transaction, and their sales personnel are always very helpful and friendly.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too have had great c/s with Nord. They do even basic things, like they had a Clinique GWP a few weeks back and I went in to get it and buy my eye cream, but the cream was out of stock. They ordered the cream for me and had it shipped to my house (free of charge) and gave me the GWP right then. Yay!

One recent great transaction I had was with the Coach store. Macy's had one over-the-shoulder bag marked down 25% in summer colors (pink) and they didn't have the black/gray left in stock. I walked over to the Coach store and asked if they had that bag in the black/gray and if they would price match the Macy's sale price and they did! I got a great deal and they wrapped it in a gift box and everything. It was really great for them to price match as I would suspect Macy's only had the pink bag on sale because it was the end of summer, but the Coach store didn't mind.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
My fave Nordstroms story is from a marketing class.

Sales associates and managers are really encouraged to bend over backwards to assist customers. It is celebrated by the company and every year at their annual meeting they all swap stories.

One sales associate said that an elderly man (possibly with dementia-related challenges) brought in 4 tires that he had purchased many years ago and said they were now worn out so he wanted to return them. The SA accepted the tires and refunded him something like $600 cash...

Amazing in itself, but it is astronomical when you consider that Nordstroms doesn't even sell tires!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
REI!!! I forgot to mention REI, they told me if I bought boots and there was something wrong with them they would replace them. Anyway, I bought my sister a BOB and something was wrong and they just switched it out since i bought it there. I love REI.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Well, I am in Germany, soooo customer service here is a kind of..um..nonexisting in general. The most amazing experience I had here was with Tiffany.:) my husband purchased an engagement ring from them 3 years ago. A girl dream came true, but that was a time before PS, so I didnt have that much interest in juwelry in general, so just put the ring on and had it for um...almost 2 years, without cleaning it or checking or anything. Soooo, then I found PS, while searching for studs...the rest is the story. I brought the ring for check up to Tiffany and they found that the number of a diamond, which was engraved on the shank is not right..so they just sent my ring to NY, took my diamond out, made the new setting and I got a literally new ring in 2 months back, with absolutely NO costs for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results