shape
carat
color
clarity

How many diamond rings does the average PSer own?

mama_monkey

Rough_Rock
Abby12's question about supplemental income made me wonder how many diamond rings -- or maybe rings in general -- PSers own. :confused:

I had a ruby for an e-ring and wanted a diamond, so bought one for my 10th anniversary -- a MRB with a scalloped halo. (yay!) :appl:
But during the hunt I decided to make that my RHR and use my mom's old platinum solitaire setting for an OEC purchase in the future. :naughty:
But, while shopping for the 1st ring, I also fell in love with another already set OEC 3 stone (which I don't usually like), which I'm also dreaming about. :love:

I'm doing all sorts of mental gymnastics trying to have 2 more diamond rings! :o

I mean, I already have other colored stone rings for RHRs, and I only have so many fingers, and yet I'm going all crazy with my mental wish list. :((

which brings me right back to my question: how many rings does the average PSer own? Am I getting crazy greedy, or should I embrace the crazy?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I have only all-diamond rings. None of my colored stones have been set. So as of now I have 6. :))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you should start a poll :) more people would be inclined to state a number if it was anonymous ;-)
And state specific rules. What size minimum, or do we start counting larger melee? ;-) I'm asking because I have two 0.13-ers for my studs. Would that be "one", or "two"? Or are those just too small to count?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh. Well, I will be honest (not that others won't), I currently posses 3 diamond rings. One is my 1.3 carat oval engagement solitaire. My second is my itty bitty solitaire set in a gold ring my grandmother gave me when i was a wee little baby. My third is my .25 diamond studs that are somewhere around my house. Yep, that's right ,couldn't care less about them.

Love you guys!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Yes, anonymity often brings out more answers! :lol:

My rings are an engagement ring from a previous marriage (a little princess cut), my mother's original engagement ring (a little pear), a bridal set that my mother bought secondhand (cute little OEC in handpierced setting), my engagement ring, my wedding band, and Poppy. If I had purchased all of these as projects, I would consider it excessive for me. I don't like the look of wearing too many rings at once - I only wear a solid gold band on my right pinky (grandmother's wedding band), and one ring on my left ring finger. Ever. So the more rings I have, the less often I can wear them. ;(

I still want a massive 5 stone u-band though. Sadly I don't think my finger is big enough to really accommodate the look I like. :blackeye:

I say embrace the crazy. If you really do get a sense of happiness from what you acquire, why not? Other people buy artwork, new cars, designer purses, antique sewing machines, whatever. If you find yourself not ecstatic to put on each piece you've worked hard to obtain, it's time to rein yourself in though. At that point it's more the thrill of the project than the thrill of ownership.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Others might say too many? I say not enough!

I have my 1.57 carat transitional in a halo for an engagement ring, a round three-stone halo RHR, a .71 oval ring, a .36 oval ring, and two half-eternity diamond bands at .5 and 1 carats respectively. I also have an art deco diamond wedding band that I can't wear for another year until my wedding.

I also have an emerald cut waiting to be set. It's sitting in the box with it's setting, I just need to bring it to the jewelers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More rings than I have fingers for. :bigsmile: Some are diamond solitares, some are bands and some are coloured stones. I think a poll is safer, plus it lists the stats for into categories for you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Too many. Yet, I gotten rid of just as many.

Somehow my earring quotient has increased...and is on the rise. Don't know how.... :confused: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1350307874|3285488 said:
HI:

Somehow my earring quotient has increased...and is on the rise. Don't know how.... :confused: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

2 - Ering and little pink diamond half-eternity that was a gift.

Now if the question had been "how many empty settings do you have" :nono:

Sharon I hope your stunner asscher Uprong wasn't/isn't going to be part of the purge!! I'm with you on the earrings quotient - I'm cutting myself off, it's verging on absurd.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 - 3 engagement rings and 2 wedding bands. My largest diamond set in a ring is 0.47 carats.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mama_monkey|1350275533|3285367 said:
Abby12's question about supplemental income made me wonder how many diamond rings -- or maybe rings in general -- PSers own.

Like many of the other posters, I find this an interesting question. However, it would have to be broken down in order to make more sense to me. I would like to know how many diamond rings of each carat size the Pricescoper owned; how many 3 and/or 5 stone rings; how many eternity bands; and how many pavé rings. I don't know if-in the same poll-we could get into colored stone rings (even ones with diamond sidestones) or into diamond earrings. There was already a thread on the the total carat weight of diamonds owned ( or at least worn at once) by Pricescopers for those who want to look into that topic! Not that it couldn't be done more thoroughly.

Thread on total carat weight of diamonds worn at once by Pricescopers: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-know-how-many-tcw-of-diamonds.159454/page-2#post-2898233#p2898233']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-know-how-many-tcw-of-diamonds.159454/page-2#post-2898233#p2898233[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2. My ering and grandmother's ering. Unless you want to count my IDJ eternity. Half the stones are diamond, anyway. Otherwise, any diamonds on rings are accent only.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1350311587|3285540 said:
canuk-gal|1350307874|3285488 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

2 - Ering and little pink diamond half-eternity that was a gift.

Now if the question had been "how many empty settings do you have" :nono:

Sharon I hope your stunner asscher Uprong wasn't/isn't going to be part of the purge!! I'm with you on the earrings quotient - I'm cutting myself off, it's verging on absurd.

How kind of you to say, Yssie! I do love that ring and it will remain on my cold dead body...if you know what I mean.... :saint: :devil: ; but of the many others I own....meh.....

cheers--Sharon

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Well, do you mean ones with at least one decent sized diamond (maybe, say, 0.40 ct and over) or would I include my mini's/petites (like the cute little e/w 0.25 ct emerald cut or five-stone that totals about 0.25, etc.) ?

mama_monkey

Rough_Rock
I hadn't realized my question was too simplistic! Of course, one person's bling-o-rama may be another person's everyday ho-hum-o-rama; one person might collect a bunch of sweet, vintage .2 carat rings; another may have a myriad family jewels they've inherited. . . . SO in the interest of streamlining, I've created a poll where you choose what you mean by "diamond ring."

'course i'm interested in what kind of diamond ring, but I can't figure out how i can simultaneously ask about the # of rings and what variety. Maybe I'll start a serial of polls. . .

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to own two diamond e-rings, but I found that to be a waste, so I sold one and just have the other left.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results