carat
color
clarity

Black Friday diamond Sales

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Yesterday I began looking for 55-60 pt princess cut diamonds for studs. I noticed that white Flash has virtual reality stones that are less expensive than their specialty cut stones.

1. Do they check these stones for you when they come in and how do I determine which is a good stone to call in?

2. Do the preferred vendors have day after Thanksgiving sales of 20 % off? If yes, how would I handle choosing a stone before the sale starts?

3. I think I may have extra money at the end of the year, but am always hesitant to spend it all at once. Is it feasable to just buy one stone G,H VS 55-60 pts at a time. One now, maybe one 6 months from now.

4.Are round brilliant cuts more expensive than princess cuts? It seems so from white flash and BGD.

The answers will give me a start to gather information. Thank You

Annette

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, Annette, with princess cuts I simply would not even try the virtual route. WF has outstanding princess cut stones because they have them cut to ideal standards. That is what I would buy (and I have bought two pair of studs from WF). If you don't care so much about cut quality, I'd just use someone in NYC like ID Jewelry to source them for you since so many of the diamond suppliers are in NYC. I just don't see the logic in having virtual stones shipped in to WF when it might take looking at 10 to find two great ones for a matched pair. I think the cost of that could add up.

No, vendors do not discount diamonds 20% at anytime as far as I know. I have seen random sales such as BG putting lower colors on sale once. But that is rare. There are vendors that will put a particular jewelry item on sale near Valentines or that kind of thing, but not loose diamonds.

I would never buy stones separately for studs. It is easier to buy a matched pair at one time. And this brings us back to WF's in house inventory which shows you pictures of similarly cut stones to easily match up.

I think rb's appear to cost more but they have a slightly larger face up appearance and I think that is why stones that face up smaller sometimes cost a little less for their weight.

jess719

Shiny_Rock
Last year BGD had a Black Friday/White Diamond sale of 10% off for 24 hours. If you download the iphone app, it will show you past sales.

*Edit-Nevermind-it's been updated. They had an I,J,K sale once that was mentioned above, and a Leap Day special (i don't remember what it was)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I would for sure get the diamonds at the same time. With WF, you can get stones that are perfectly matched in table size, etc., if you keep checking regularily. If you got one stone now, it may take you longer, overall, to find a mate for that first stone.

Not sure about their virtual inventory. I'd personally go down in size so to get a pair of their higher cut quality in-house stones.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am really amazed at how helpful this website can be. Thanks to all of those who know so much and share their knowledge with others.

Vintage-- I want 55-60 pts for each stone.

I think Lebish had a sale for Thankgiving one yr. I have some colored diamonds so I remember that, but have not been actively looking ot white diamonds till now.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results