shape
carat
color
clarity

New eternity band/halo e-ring...

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I finally found the right band for my 25th anniversary upgrade halo e-ring (which hasn't been formally introduced yet)... :oops:

Our anniversary was in April...I had purchased a vintage platinum e-ring, with baguette side stones and a vintage platinum w-band, but developed a very nasty allergic reaction to the platinum...yes, it is possible to be allergic to platinum.

I then changed out the e-ring to an unplated white gold halo - which I love, but I didn't want the matching band...didn't care for the look of the two rings together.

I started looking for a simple eternity band, but wanted some style to it too - and saw this band on another Pricescoper's thread (thanks Webdiva!) and had to give it a try! Took 3 weeks to get it, but was worth the wait, I LOVE it!

I am wearing a 1mm spacer too, the bands would rub too much without it and I hope to get many years of enjoyment from both rings...hoping the spacer will make that possible.

Here are a few pics!

Stats:

Marquise - 1.48 ct. - H - Med. Blue Flor.
Ring size: 5

_413.jpg

_414.jpg

_415.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Love the set!!!! It's gorgeous!! And congrats on your anniversary!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
How elegant!

Beautiful... :praise:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: I LOVE that ring!!! You were a late 80's bride (I'm 1985!) and my ering was a marquise!! I love that - great new set and I love how webdiva's ring (well, yes, I know it is *yours* but you KWIM...) looks so good together!!!

and congrats on making it to your 25th - its a wonderful milestone! (we made it to 27... so far ;)) :lol: )

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It looks FANTASTIC! I can't believe it ONLY took you three weeks to get it - did you have a regular in stock size?

Great job - very pretty! :)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you 04Diamond, Begonia, Enerchi and Webdiva!

Enerchi, yes, the 80's brides were all about the marquise! I was engaged with a .80 marquise - and changed 'shapes' a few times over the years (both in body and diamonds :wacko: ) but ended up falling in love with the vintage setting and this diamond - that happened to be a marquise! I guess I came full circle! I was sad to have had to give up the vintage platinum setting, but have to admit, I really love this halo. :bigsmile: My ultimate dream ring now consists of a vintage cut marquise, I have seen a couple on Pricescope and I love the looks of them!!! Hope to get one someday! And Congrats to you on 27! :appl:

And Webdiva, I had to order a size 5 in the eternity ring, not sure if that is a stock size, I don't think so...I remember you said you waited a month, so I am happy it 'only' took 3 weeks! =) I do love it! =) And it's nice being 'married' again, LOL, I wore just the e-ring for a few months and was used to it, but I like having a wedding band too. :razz:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The new bad is gorgeous! It looks amazing with your engagement ring!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Love the vintage feel!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:D ara Ann, you had a honker marquise! Mine was .33 ct and now we call it my "cute" ring :lol: I still love marquise and think I'll always have a soft spot for them.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is lovely!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Renogirl, Armywife, Tyty and MGR! :wavey:

I should probably mention that my diamond looks darker in the pics than it does in RL...my living room is a deep gold color and I have a dark red brick accent wall...I didn't realize how much the wall colors of a room, affect the diamond color in photos! And these were taken on my iphone...our camera is acting up right now.

And Enerchi, my older sisters both have marquise diamonds too...my oldest sister married in 1974 I think? With a 1+ ct. Marquise...I was a little girl (her flower girl!) and I think that made an impression on me at that early age...I got engaged/married young and my next older sister got engaged the year after I did, and she chose a marquise too! Hers is about .90 I think. They both have their original diamonds, so now we all match again. :))

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love your set, Ara Ann! Your marquise stone has a beautiful shape. Do you have a shot of the band by itself?

peasypeas

Rough_Rock
congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
gorgeous set

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is gorgeous (from one 80"s bride to another he he). My first engagement ring was an awesome marquise. I'm loving that band more each time I see it. :love: :appl: :love:

FrankieL

Rough_Rock
That setting really highlights the marquis, I love it!! Congrats!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect together.

And ohhhhh I am so having a thing for big marquise stones right now. Yours is amazing. Your set is so elegant!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! Talk about finger coverage! :love: I have a marquis that has been sitting in my jewelry box waiting for inspiration, this is just what I needed to pull it out and start thinking of all the possibilities!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thank you everyone for the nice comments! :wavey:

As with any fancy shape stone, some people love them, some don't...I went through a long phase of being 'tired' of marquise, but appreciate the cut all over again! Glad to hear a few others are jumping on board too!

And Christina, if you start a marquise project with your stone, please be sure to share!

I will try to get some pics of the band by itself and also the e-ring by itself too and post them - may not be today, have a really busy day ahead!

Thanks again everyone, I finally feel like this is my forever set!! :razz:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely love the set! Very beautiful! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ara Ann, you really brought us 80's brides out of the closet on this! You, me and Sparkly OEC - funny we all had marquise E/Ring's! I wonder if they were the AVC/OEC of their day??? interesting thought....

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Tuckins! :))

And -
Enerchi|1344269409|3246825 said:
Ara Ann, you really brought us 80's brides out of the closet on this! You, me and Sparkly OEC - funny we all had marquise E/Ring's! I wonder if they were the AVC/OEC of their day??? interesting thought....

LOL, there is just something elegant about a nice marquise! But I think the marquise 'movement' of the 80's was a trend that came about as an alternative to the traditional round diamonds...and that kind of a trend is pretty common for each 'new generation of brides' - similar to the popularity of the 'princess cuts' of the 90's-early 2000's - almost every e-ring was a princess cut for a long time...and now we see the antique cuts...but there is room for everyone's tastes...and a 'warning' - there are more and more marquise cuts and settings featured now than there have been in years...we are trendsetters all over again! I have gotten more compliments on this set than on any other I have had over the years and it's not just for the size either...in fact, my 24 year old niece said she wants a marquise someday too! :D So if you want a nice marquise, snap it up now! :bigsmile:

Heartly

Rough_Rock
Love the set as a whole!! I'm contemplating getting the same band (also saw it from Webdiva!) for my e-ring, since the price is right and I have an art deco setting. I'm not married yet, though, so I know it might not necessarily be a forever band, but it's sooo beautiful!

Did you get plated white gold or unplated?? My ering is unplated, but I'm sort of open to both...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love it!

cheers--Sharon

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
I was an 80's bride and yes, you brought me out of lurkdom with your beautiful set. :appl: Your set rocks! :love: Where did you get the band to go with it?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the comments ladies! :wavey:

Sorry I haven't replied in a while... :oops:

I purchased the band from Lauren Klein jewelry.

I have worn it every day and so far, so good! Everything still looks great and I'm very pleased. I get lots of comments on my new set…one of my friends noticed it and grabbed me by the hand and dragged me over to her husband so she could show him, LOL. That was a first! I am used to it now (no DS yet though!) so I am taken off guard when someone notices it. =)

sadielegal

Rough_Rock
Love your setting and your band! I have been searching for a couple of years for the right setting. Where did you find your marquise setting? Thanks in advance for your help!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing set! Love this!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Sadie-legal, hope this helps:

I ordered the e-ring from Javda Jewelers in L.A. (they have a website if you search javda it will come up) - they made the setting to fit my diamond and added millgrain around the halo and along the band and I had them add some prongs too. It's also a comfort fit style, so while the band looks very thin from the top, it has a lot of metal in the shank and is very sturdy and very comfortable too. I wanted unplated white gold - which took some convincing - the owner couldn't understand why I'd want unplated white gold, LOL…but I prefer a more vintage look. No regrets. It's held up great and I wear it every day!

And Lorrissey, thank you too! I saw your beautiful set yesterday and admire yours as well! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results