shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me too... to decide pls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bugs

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie and I need some help to decide which diamond should I buy. I read a lot of information, but it''s all spining around in my head now. I narrow few diamonds after search around.

0.76 - E - VS1 - ideal cut - ideal polish & symmetry
depth 60.5%
table 56%
crown 33.7o and 14.7%
pavli 40.8o and 42.9%
Thin to Med
pointed
HCA 0.8 with TIC and DIY grade is 1A
$4139

0.78 - E - VS1 - ideal cut - ideal polish & symmetry
depth 62%
table 56%
crown 34.6o and 15.4%
pavl 40.8o and 43.1%
Med to slighly thic
culet none
HCA 1.4 with TIC and DIY grade is 1A
$4104

0.75 - F - VS1 - ideal cut - ideal polish & symm
depth 61.8%
table 56%
crown 34.9o and 15.6%
pavli 40.8o and 43%
culet none
Med to slightly thick
HCA 1.5 with TIC and DIY grade is 1A
$4047

Any comment, input, idea would be great. Thanks a lot.

Fred

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
All of these diamonds look as if (by the numbers) they would be eye-popping. Do you have ideal scope pics? What about brilliance scopes? If not, request them. What are the diameters for these diamonds. All things being equal, I go for the bigger diameter. Good luck. If you have those I-scope pics, post them so that we can better help you.

Shay

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
If it were for me, I'd go w/#2, though they all look like they could be winners. I like more dispersion (color flashes) in my stones, and #1 probably would have less because of the shallower crown angle. It would most likely have great white light return though. #3 also has good #s, but is starting to get a little closer to a "steep and deep" combination, and I'd want to check an IdealScope image to make sure there was no leakage under the table. BUT, we're splitting hairs here, these are probably all gorgeous!
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I ran a quick search for you here on PriceScope for similar stones. Here's what I found...And by the way, that .76 D VS1 from Winfield's? Well, I've seen it, and it's gorgeous. I discuss it in this thread.

Hope that helps!

075srch.gif

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
Why the D-E color? It seems to me the popular opinion is that 99% of the time you could drop that color to like a G-H or even I and get a larger stone that looks the same for a very similar price.

My .02
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results