shape
carat
color
clarity

PS recommendations thread

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Other than jewelry referrals, we often post for advice or recommendations for things from our fellow PSers for everything from cars, to wine, to cat litter to make up to recipes.

What PS recommended non-jewelry thing did you try that really worked out for you? Pass it on! =)

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Bored, I wandered into the Family & Home area and started reading about morning sickness. Someone mentioned that rubbing the pulse point on your wrist helps with the nausea. FI later in the week complained about feeling sick from playing video games for too long :roll: , and, lo and behold, it made him feel better!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorta-kinda recommendation win was ame's olloclip praises! I didn't buy the olloclip, but I did buy those knockoff ones from eBay, and In super happy with em!! I would have never known about cellphone macro photography if it weren't for her post!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if they have this in the US, but I wear skirts all the time (I don't even own a pair of jeans or pants)
Stockings: DIM Voilissme. Totally sheer, probably the best pantyhose on the market (for about 12$ Canadian to boot).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336633853|3191899 said:
Sorta-kinda recommendation win was ame's olloclip praises! I didn't buy the olloclip, but I did buy those knockoff ones from eBay, and In super happy with em!! I would have never known about cellphone macro photography if it weren't for her post!!
Wow! Glad I could help!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best facial products EVER: Perricone MD!

I recently started using the Face Finishing Moisturizer and the Cold Plasma (got sent a sample with my face soap order) and my skin looks AMAZING. My husband actually told me it looked "radiant"! I will be coughing up the cash for a full-sized Cold Plasma as soon as my sample runs out. And the face soap is great, too, BTW-I use the Glycolic Bar and I love it.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
mogster|1336627697|3191873 said:
Bored, I wandered into the Family & Home area and started reading about morning sickness. Someone mentioned that rubbing the pulse point on your wrist helps with the nausea. FI later in the week complained about feeling sick from playing video games for too long :roll: , and, lo and behold, it made him feel better!
I need to remember tht if we have another baby! I had horrible nausea my entire pregnancy :sick:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1336673638|3192244 said:
Best facial products EVER: Perricone MD!

I recently started using the Face Finishing Moisturizer and the Cold Plasma (got sent a sample with my face soap order) and my skin looks AMAZING. My husband actually told me it looked "radiant"! I will be coughing up the cash for a full-sized Cold Plasma as soon as my sample runs out. And the face soap is great, too, BTW-I use the Glycolic Bar and I love it.
Ohhh don't say that. Don't SAY THIS!!!

My face is a warzone all the sudden. I THINK it's bec I am using serum again and my face hates those....

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I learned about a fantastic new mascara by Maybelline, on the favourite lipstick thread (and the name escapes me at this time, but its in a purple/pink tube...and the brush is fantastic with perfect eyelash coverage!)

I also second the TOTALLY AMAZING AME and her OLLOCLIP!! I love that toy!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
We are still using and enjoying our Sodastream soda maker. :bigsmile:

On year 5 of our Dyson vacuum, still works great.

I buy as much as possible from Costco, because I can always return it. :praise: I got new tires from Costco about 3 months ago (they have an annual Michelin sale!) and a got a nasty flat about 2 weeks ago. It was a nail. So I --can you see it coming?-- returned it! They gave me the full purchase price of the tire back. :D Actually, they offer a free road hazard warranty, so that kicked in.

If you're looking for a car, try the Toyota Rav 4. A friend of ours just got one, and the back is REALLY roomy. I was amazed! :shock:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have another little iPhone toy I need to open and play with. It's actually a little tripod thing I got started with on Kickstarter. It works on a DSLR too, I believe. I just haven't opened it up to figure it out. I hate that some of these things won't work with a case on the phone tho...

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I've learned a great deal about so much more than diamonds at PS! One of the things that I really took note of was cleaning your face with an oil based product. I had begun to have breakouts when for most of my life I'd never had acne. Then one day I was reading a thread here that detailed the benefits of washing your face with oil. Turns out I was breaking out due to dryness, and so I immediately searched out oil-based cleansers and I found one (Shu Uemura) that has worked wonders for me!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
This is probably common knowledge, but baking soda is a wonderfully gentle exfoliator. I've been mixing it in with my face wash for about five years now. I use a very gentle face wash (Herbal Mint shower gel from Whole Foods) to wash my face, and at night I mix in about a teaspoon's worth of baking soda. My face feels and looks so soft and smooth after I wash it.

Also, coconut oil works wonders as a hair treatment. On lazy days, I slather my hair with it and tuck it all up under a baseball hat until I'm ready to shampoo.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without iLander's help, I would never have found my rings, so I definitely thank PS for finding iLander! :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cat food! When I have cat inquiries, I actually google, for example, "pricescope cat food" and read the threads. I read about Wellness core, innova, evo, etc. through pricescope recommendations, and learned to look for grain free dry foods. When we first adopted our cat, she was kinda pleasantly plump. Nice she's curvy but shapely thanks to pricescope!

Also, I learned about universal wedding registries and DIY invitations through PS as well! We have such blingy, brainy and crafty PSers! Thank you everyone!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1336681035|3192339 said:
I learned about a fantastic new mascara by Maybelline, on the favourite lipstick thread (and the name escapes me at this time, but its in a purple/pink tube...and the brush is fantastic with perfect eyelash coverage!)

I also second the TOTALLY AMAZING AME and her OLLOCLIP!! I love that toy!!!
THANK YOU, :) :wavey: You're pretty swell, yerself.

onedrop|1336685697|3192438 said:
I've learned a great deal about so much more than diamonds at PS! One of the things that I really took note of was cleaning your face with an oil based product. I had begun to have breakouts when for most of my life I'd never had acne. Then one day I was reading a thread here that detailed the benefits of washing your face with oil. Turns out I was breaking out due to dryness, and so I immediately searched out oil-based cleansers and I found one (Shu Uemura) that has worked wonders for me!
I alternate between Shu (green bottle) and DHC which I like also. Both are pretty amazing.

mrs jam|1336686360|3192451 said:
This is probably common knowledge, but baking soda is a wonderfully gentle exfoliator. I've been mixing it in with my face wash for about five years now. I use a very gentle face wash (Herbal Mint shower gel from Whole Foods) to wash my face, and at night I mix in about a teaspoon's worth of baking soda. My face feels and looks so soft and smooth after I wash it.

Also, coconut oil works wonders as a hair treatment. On lazy days, I slather my hair with it and tuck it all up under a baseball hat until I'm ready to shampoo.
I also use baking soda! I usually use it while my color conditioner is soaking in and then rinse. I have also used the coconut oil a few times, I just have to make sure I don't use it for a few days before or after I color.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Distracts recommended Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks. Brought Temptress 400 and Heavenly 260 from the pharmacy just to try on something inexpensive. OMG, they rock! Creamy without being greasy, just perfect. Thank YOU!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a whole thread on Latisse and how wonderful it was working for those who tried it. I finally got around to
getting some and I can now agree with everyone else. It's wonderful!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1336769768|3193322 said:
There was a whole thread on Latisse and how wonderful it was working for those who tried it. I finally got around to
getting some and I can now agree with everyone else. It's wonderful!

This. I started using about 3 weeks ago (and I haven't been consistent) and I can already see a big difference. I use the Careprost brand that I get from an Indian pharmacy called All Day Chemist. $10 a bottle.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Chem Dry Carpet Stain Remover. OMG, this stuff rocks! I buy a bottle every time I go to Home Depot. I think maybe it was ILander who suggested this. If so, many times thanks!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If anybody is looking for kitchen or bathroom cabinets :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

We had a lot of seriously good luck with these guys; http://www.allwoodfast.com/ Or you can google all wood fast cabinets.

No particle board, GORGEOUS solid maple fronts, wood cases. We got a quote at home depot and it was $13,000 for white particle board. Without installation!! Then we ordered from here http://www.allwoodfast.com/ideagallery.aspx (sent in our kitchen measurements via email) and they came up with the design, (we went back and forth via email, they are very helpful and you are assigned a kitchen designer) and the total was $4,500!! Including delivery!!

We started by buying 3 sample doors (they have free color chips, but they are TOOOOO small) and we picked our color that way (Langston Cinnamon- a lightish medium brown with amazing maple grain), and then we ordered cabinets with mullion doors (they don't come with glass-we ordered that from http://www.bendheimcabinetglass.com/productCatalog.cfm -gorgeous!) and crown molding and all the cabinets (42 inch on top) were just gorgeous. They came delivered on a pallet (FULLY ASSEMBLED!), DH installed them, and it is one fabulous kitchen.

If you aren't handy, this isn't rocket science, a handyman can install them pretty easily.

I'm getting the energy together to redo our bathroom vanities, since they make those too. They also do custom offices, entertainment centers, whatever you need that involves cabinets.

So, I two thumbs up!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1336674477|3192251 said:
mogster|1336627697|3191873 said:
I need to remember tht if we have another baby! I had horrible nausea my entire pregnancy :sick:

I sometimes get nauseous on airplane/car rides so I use Sea- Bands that basically do the same thing (around $10 or less).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had an IN and Our burger today and someone on here told me they had 'whole grilled onion' slices instead of just the raw onion slice or the chopped grilled onions and it was FABULOUS. I now have the PERFECT (for me) In and Out burger combo.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
The biggest recommendation I got from PS was our honeymoon! DH and I took the exact same honeymoon (even ended up staying in the same casita at the second resort!) as Hudson_Hawk. We had a fantastic time in Belize, the accommodations were amazing, and the food...oh, the FOOD! :lickout: I still dream about the scallops at Victoria House.

If anyone is interested in going to Belize, check out Chaa Creek and Victoria House. A+++ in my book! :appl:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I found out about both younghouselove and houzz from PS and they're now in my regular reading rotation!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I remember reading about someone using retin-A not for acne, but for general aging/skin condition. I was skeptical, but am LOVING the results. It also prompted me to totally re-do my skin care regime and I'm so happy. I've cut the number of products I use in half but I feel like now I'm using the right ones-- not just the popular ones at the time or what the SA convinces me to buy.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I recommend "animal bedding" in pellets available at feed stores for cat litter. It has no chemicals and it's cheap because you can buy it in large bags.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results