shape
carat
color
clarity

ID Jewelry or Whiteflash for 7ct tennis bracelet?

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone! I would like to buy 7 ct tennis bracelet. I read here that ID Jewelry offers the best price but I want sparkle! I owe ACA studs from Whiteflash and they sparkly like crazy!! I am so in love with them and get compliments all the time. Do you know if ID Jewlery uses excellent cut for their dimaond bracelets or will it not matter for 7 ct bracelet? I am planning on contacting them today and ask but wanted to hear your opinion! Thanks so much

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have compared WF ACA melees (15-pt 6ctw bracelet) with IDJ's 20-pt "PS-standard" melees (2ctw huggies) by viewing them side by side. I do readily see a difference in color and cut appearance (brightness, fire, and sparkles). However, the ultimate purchase decision depends on 1. how much more you are willing to pay for better cut, 2. how sensitive you are in terms of cut appearance, and 3. if you are more of a value buyer or a cut "addict'"? I recommend both WF ACA and IDJ to my friends and family, but my advice depends a lot on the person's budget and sensitivity to cut appearance. For most people who buy lots of jewelry pieces and are not very picky, IDJ diamonds are great quality for affordable price. For people like myself who do not buy often and think very carefully with every purchase, I opt to pay the premium (sometimes can be a large difference) to get the ACA's. It would bug me a lot knowing something that I wear is not 100% perfect to me. I want to keep feeling proud of the diamond jewelry that I wear. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for and that you need to decide what is important to you.

Another thing to compare the "value" of both pieces is to find out the carat size of the melees. Larger melees (although less number total) will cost significantly more. Make sure you are comparing apples with apples.

One last advice is to ask IDJ for "still better cut" diamonds (at higher prices of course) in case you are not satisfied with the "PS-standard" quality presented to you. This way, you can find your optimum price vs cut.

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
I bought a 3 carat tw braclet from BGD, worked with Leslie, could not be happier.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
FancyDiamond - thank you so much for your input! I think I am leaning towards Whiteflash! BTW, I love your pendant! May I ask who made it for you? Thanks

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Bosie,
thank you for your input! I also contacted BGD and their quote was higher so I think I will go with Whiteflash and their ACA's!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Butterfly123|1330969217|3141141 said:
FancyDiamond - thank you so much for your input! I think I am leaning towards Whiteflash! BTW, I love your pendant! May I ask who made it for you? Thanks
You are very welcomed.
All my diamond jewelry pieces posted here were made by Whiteflash. Most of them were custom made. Whatever style I have in mind, Whiteflash can either source the setting or custom make for me.
Since you got your ACA studs from Whiteflash, and are happy with them, I guessed you would lean towards Whiteflash. However, the decision is a personal choice based heavily on budget. For me, a 7ctw tennis bracelet is a very serious purchase, and I would want to do it right. After all, we do not buy tennis bracelets everyday. By the way, I am very, very happy with my 3-prong tennis bracelet from Whiteflash. I did not expect to wear it as often as I thought. It is very versatile. I pair it with formal dresses as well as casual jeans. It is one of the few jewelry pieces that I love dearly. I have to thank Bluemoon for convincing me about this purchase. Thus, I know you will be thrilled with yours.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
FancyDiamond - I love your collection! What is your total cwt on your tennis bracelet?
My next purchase after tennis bracelet would be 5 stone ring. I noticed on your avatar you have one, may I ask how big it is? I want to wear it on my RHR. Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pre-PS tennis bracelet (4 cts.), but if I were to buy one today and had the two choices you named, I would definitely buy WF.

I have learned over the years that I have no regrets over buying high quality. But I definitely have regrets over spending money on things that were lesser quality and now I don't really want them and you can't sell them for enough to make it worth doing. So I really only buy designer or top quality diamonds on the rare occasions that I buy something. I think I am pretty much of the same mindset as FancyDiamond.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Butterfly123|1330972281|3141164 said:
FancyDiamond - I love your collection! What is your total cwt on your tennis bracelet?
My next purchase after tennis bracelet would be 5 stone ring. I noticed on your avatar you have one, may I ask how big it is? I want to wear it on my RHR. Thanks
I have the 6-ctw 3-prong version with two melees removed due to small wrist size. Standard is 7-inch long with forty 0.15-ct melees. I see that the WF websites says 41 melees instead. I guess either there is a typo error or the melees are slightly smaller than 15-pt. The X-prong version has a total of forty-eight 0.15-ct melees (=7.20ctw). The difference in the number of melees is due to the setting design. For me, the 3-prong is great, because it uses less melees, the 3-prong makes the diamonds appear larger, and the design is safe enough. Next time if I want a larger ctw tennis bracelet, I would still choose 3-prong but use larger size melees.

Other than tennis bracelets, a diamond jewelry that has the biggest bang for the buck is a 5-stone ring. Imagine the bling with five diamonds (large enough size) in a row! I think a 5-stone ring is ideal for a right hand ring. I have two 5-stone rings, a smaller 40-pt U-prong for the left ring finger and a 50-pt Trellis for the right ring finger. See this thread for details.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-perfect-5-stone-trellis-design-from-whiteflash.154045/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-perfect-5-stone-trellis-design-from-whiteflash.154045/[/URL]

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
Butterfly123|1330969283|3141142 said:
Bosie,
thank you for your input! I also contacted BGD and their quote was higher so I think I will go with Whiteflash and their ACA's!

I have always know WF and BGD to be pretty competitive when we are talking apples to apples, but maybe things have changed. Best of luck.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Hello again! Thank you again for your comments and suggestions.
I did purchase a 7 ct tennis bracelet and I could not be happier! I picked ACA stones and they sparkle so much I can't take my eyes of it!
Thanks again!

Edited to say I bought it from WF!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BABY! Pony up the pics!

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Haha Gypsy. I received it 2 weeks ago and did not have a chance to take pictures yet. I promise I will and then post them!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly123|1337477219|3199447 said:
Haha Gypsy. I received it 2 weeks ago and did not have a chance to take pictures yet. I promise I will and then post them!

Bad Pser, bad, bad bad. :D We have to train you from right now that when you buy the bling you gotta feed the mob with a few token pics. ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did they send you glamour shots??? We definitely need pictures of that beauty! I am envious!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results