shape
carat
color
clarity

LEAP Day?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Are you doing something for leap day?

I want to do Something, but I can't think of anything. Feb 29 comes only once every 4 years, and I've always been wanting to do something to make it memorable, and it's always slipped past me.

Plus, I am feeling that I am in a rut lately, and I want to break the monotony.

Have you ever done anything for leap day? Do you have any suggestions?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have a Q....
for those people who were born on Feb 29 do you celebrate your birthdays on Feb. 28 or Mar. 1 ?.. :confused:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering it's my birthday I probably should do something but I rarely do. One year in Ohio they offered a free blimp ride to leap day babies who could make it-but alas I was only 16 and not able to go!

Some cities have parties and some places have special sales. When build a bear first came out I actually got a coupon for a FREE bear without any price limit. This year I got a whopping 5.00 off coupon-which I've received emails with 10.00 at random so I didn't really feel the love there :p

Traditionally it was the one day that women could propose since they didn't "recognize" the day as an actual day so women couldn't get into "trouble" for proposing. If they refused they gave them a gift along with the no-at least that's what I recall from researching it.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/holidays/a/leapyear.htm

If you want to do something I say go for it. The only thing I'm doing is having my DH make me sauteed mushroom/onions on our brats with chips and dip. I'm boring for a soon to bs 6 year old-no drinking since I'm expecting and we are in the middle of packing for a move so low key this year is prefect for me :)

ETA: I celebrate feb 28tg since my grandma was born march first. Sometimes I celebrate both ;p

I have a girl I know-same age and birthdate and she also does Feb 28th since it's the same month.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I got married on Feb 29th, 4 years ago. Technically it is our "first anniversary" this year. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1330376643|3135816 said:
i have a Q....
for those people who were born on Feb 29 do you celebrate your birthdays on Feb. 28 or Mar. 1 ?.. :confused:

They only get one year older every forth year.
Their life expectancy is 300 of our years.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1330384700|3135923 said:
Dancing Fire|1330376643|3135816 said:
i have a Q....

They only get one year older every forth year.
Their life expectancy is 300 of our years.

lol!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I will be working, and then going out to dinner to celebrate my birthday with my fi, my brother, and his gf. Would rather ignore the fact that it's my birthday at all, but I love my family, and enjoy their company.

I typically celebrate on the 28th, as I have 2 uncles (both of my mom's brothers) who were also born on the 28th, one year apart. However, legally, this doesn't fly, as the 28th is still before the 29th, so to go get a drink on my 21st, I had to wait til March 1st.

ETA: I'll be 7 this year, however; counting this way really annoys me. Everyone who gets me a card for my birthday gets me the kiddy ones, and for my sweet 16, I didn't get one single sweet 16 card. Not one. They were all for a 4 year old, which kind of hurt my feelings.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I joined aol on that day back in 1997 lol This one I'm gonna get a mani-pedi but that's just a coincidence.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra|1330455514|3136510 said:
I joined aol on that day back in 1997 lol This one I'm gonna get a mani-pedi but that's just a coincidence.

Umm 1997 wasn't a leap year...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results