shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2578 (Diamonds half-way or all the way around) ??

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
I'm fixing to purchase an engagement ring for my girlfriend (The Tacori 2578 style.)

Here's the dilemma.....There are 2 styles. Which style should I go with? (Diamonds half-way or all the way around)
Basically, is it worth spending an extra $3k+ on the style with diamonds all around? :confused:

One style is about $4K+ and the other $7K+

I know it will be a matter of opinion, but does anyone have any thoughts?

0373198_T.jpeg

untitled.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi there :wavey:

I would probably go with the 1/2 eternity. That ring is beautiful, but the pave is so delicate, I would be afraid to lose stones from the underside if she hits her hand hard, or just with regular daily activities. Plus, if you go with full eternity, you won't be able to size that ring in the future if her finger size changes with pregnancy, life, etc. Good luck and please post pics when you get it!!!! :appl:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for 1/2 way around, if you can swing the extra $3k, put it toward the center stone or future wedding expenses!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with this logic myself.

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe all of the votes for the "half-way around"! But in another breathe, it does make sense! (resizing, extra money, losing stones, etc..) Also, that means I could save another couple grand on the matching band...because there is the same option for that!! (1/2 or all the way around)

It sure does look amazing with the stones fully surrounding! I know she would be thrilled with either style! All of this input is helping though....THANKS!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely halfway for the reasons mentioned. Diamonds all the way around may look pretty, but it is definitely not practical. I would want the bottom part to have engraving instead. That will help it all blend together.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for 1/2 on the ering. It won't spin so don't worry about full eternity. though If you are thinking about getting the matching wedding band I would do that in the full eternity style. It will spin and it would be a lovely stand alone wedding band for those time she may want to leave the ering off.

Good luck
:bigsmile:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I vote for 1/2 eternity too!

From experience...I didn't have Tacori rings but my e-ring and w-band were both eternity, 3 sided pave and after wearing them together for 7 years, the bottom of my ering is damaged :cry: (from rubbing of platinum and diamonds together).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That crescent design is very fragile. That is why I wouldn't do full eternity in the wedding band, either. Not to mention it could never be sized.

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
WOW I'm sure glad I posted and asked the question. I was about 99% sure about the whole ring with diamonds. But after seeing that everyone would choose 1/2, it seems like a clear cut winner!
And it sure would save me tons of money!

I'm wondering if anyone on here has the 1/2 style and could post a picture (with band)...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Vote for 1/2 way around here also.

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
Well it looks like we have a clear cut winner! 1/2 way around. I trust all of your judgement so I sure do appreciate the help! I'm glad I decided to get opinions of people who are passionate about diamonds and settings! I already blew my budget on the diamond, so at least I'll save a few grand on the setting!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I'd agree with most everyone else...1/2 eternity for sure. I'm not saying I know your financial situation, but with this economy, and with having to plan a wedding soon, I would definitely put it towards a cushion to fall on just in case. Good luck, either way it's a gorgeous ring!!!!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. Half for sure. For all the reasons mentioned above.

With the wedding band, if your fiancé chooses the same design, I'd get the full eternity. It won't be sizable but I hate spinning bands that look different on one side from the other. Personal preference comes into play though, of course, but that band has too unique a shape for a half eternity. A engagement ring won't spin as much though, thanks to that rock.

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
So I should do the 1/2 e-ring and full w-band? Would that look ok with two different styles?

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
It would look fine with the two different styles but I would personally do 1/2 for both. The bottoms of my rings are so scratched I couldn't imagine having to worry about pave on the bottom.

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
Im planning on getting platinum. Would this play a factor in anything? (like less scratching?)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, platinum is soft, and we have read stories here in the past about problems with Tacori rings losing the little diamonds. I have also been told by 2 jewelers that the crescent design is fragile and has to be treated VERY delicately. In other words, these are not rings she can wear all the time. She needs to take them off when doing any work with her hands such as cooking, working out, housework, etc. She needs to be careful how she grasps things with that hand, especially door knobs and even the steering wheel. But we all really need to do that to keep our rings looking nice. Full eternity is pretty, but you'll end up having to eventually replace that band if you get it, I am afraid. If you ask for engraving on the other half, it will not look so strange to do from pave to nothing. I would also maybe let her pick out a plain wider wedding band to wear at times she cannot wear this set.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for 1/2 way around. While I love the full eternity it is not pracitcal. I can tell you that after 5 years of being married and 2 pregnancies my ring finger went up from a size 5 to a 6.5. If you get the full eternity you won't be able to size up so play it safe and get the 1/2 way so that way she can wear it longer.
EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that you are now going with the 1/2. I think you would be fine doing the full wedding band if you want. It shouldn't cause any damage as already stated.

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
So Tacori will not resize (or shall i say, can't resize?) if I were to get the full eternity?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think that ring can be resized. You could ask if it could be done in 3/4 eternity and just have one section on the bottom engraved, though. But that design isn't really amenable to sizing anyway. It is unlikely her ring size will stay the same for the next 50 years and she WILL damage the palm side of the ring if it has full eternity. I'd probably even consider buying them a half size larger than her current size and have sizing beads put in because sizing any ring with pave may disrupt the pave even on the upper part of the ring. And she may need to wear a tiny spacer band to keep the two rings from rubbing and damaging the other.

Just out of curiosity, is this the setting she picked out and loves? If not, I would encourage you to choose another Tacori design that does not have the crescents on the side and that could be more easily sized even if it is diamonds half-way.

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
Everyone is surely making me re-consider this ring lol :confused:

She didn't pick out the Tacori 2578. She hinted around that she wanted a "twisting" type of ring (or something with that type of modern look.)
It's not really my choice of style, but this Tacori actually caught my eye. It had a twisting feel, with a bit of elegance. And I've looked at a ton of rings that twist.

I know she liked this ring (attached) - But in another breathe she said she doesn't want to be the one that picks out the ring. She wants me to choose....and so do I. I think it would have a little more meaning. So I was attempting to find something similar.

michaelB.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori is known for antique settings and not modern. I think that set you chose is beautiful, but I think it will cause you headaches down the road. I think we can help you find much better alternatives, to be honest, and probably save you some money, too. I have to go out for awhile but I will try to look later today and I am sure others will as well!

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
What about the Tacori 2565? It is perhaps my favorite Tacori settings, and it is twisty! It also does not come with the crescent silhouette.

2565-rd-9_multi1-300x300.jpg

2565-wbg.jpg

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
I actually was just looking at the Tacori 2565RD & 2627RD. I do actually like them both....Kinda torn between the two actually!
The 2565 is definitely cheaper, and I like the fact that it isn't as "bulky" looking as the 2627. And as for as the 2627, I like the diamonds around the center stone. I wish I could combine the two :)

But honestly, what's the difference in these compared to my first choice (2578?) These also seem "pave"

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsDrP|1327080563|3107499 said:
What about the Tacori 2565? It is perhaps my favorite Tacori settings, and it is twisty! It also does not come with the crescent silhouette.

This one had solid sides and is a FAR better choice than the other one! One jeweler I talked to stopped carrying Tacori because of all the problems they had with those fragile crescent rings. This one has solid sides instead of those cut out crescents. This one is also not as busy looking. I love it! Still would do it like this picture (half). The diamonds around the head of the setting are just gorgeous! I think some Tacori rings are just overdone, but this one is perfect!

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
I actually really do like the 2565. And I now see what you re saying about the other ring not being "solid" throughout.

The only thing about the 2565....I'm not too fond of the band.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
JTOUPS1214|1327077440|3107460 said:
Everyone is surely making me re-consider this ring lol :confused:

She didn't pick out the Tacori 2578. She hinted around that she wanted a "twisting" type of ring (or something with that type of modern look.)
It's not really my choice of style, but this Tacori actually caught my eye. It had a twisting feel, with a bit of elegance. And I've looked at a ton of rings that twist.

I know she liked this ring (attached) - But in another breathe she said she doesn't want to be the one that picks out the ring. She wants me to choose....and so do I. I think it would have a little more meaning. So I was attempting to find something similar.

The twist is called a braid I believe. Many designers use it. Personally I would pass on Tacori unless she really loves a specific one. I would start a seperate thread and request rings with braids in them and see what everyone on PS can come up with. You might find something you like much better.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JTOUPS1214|1327083971|3107534 said:
I actually really do like the 2565. And I now see what you re saying about the other ring not being "solid" throughout.

The only thing about the 2565....I'm not too fond of the band.

Do you mean the wedding band? I wouldn't get the matching band. I'd get a straight diamond Tacori band anyway. Can you link the band?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I like the Michael B ring because it the twisting is much tighter than the Tacori Infinity. Also, your fiance said she liked modern, and the Tacoris tend to look antique. Have you considered going to a jeweler who carries that exact Michael B ring and seeing if something could be added to make it unique and semi-custom?

For example, maybe Michael B could incorporate surprise stones in both sides of the head? One for your birthstone, and one for her birthstone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results