shape
carat
color
clarity

Cyber Monday Not-So-Deals

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Anybody find any great Cyber Monday Deals?

I am disappointed this year; I stood in line (virtually) for a couple of hours on one item, the website I was on never loaded right, and when it finally worked, the item I wanted was "sold out". Right. Whatever.

I am thinking most of this stuff is hokum; too limited quantities, not a big savings, etc.

Then none of my favorite jewelry vendors had any big savings.

Did anybody get any deals?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I want to get a skin for my laptop and iPad, and Zagg is having a 50% off cyber Monday sale, so I'm debating an order. I'd really like to take care of my electronics, and I think they will really help, at least cosmetically.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sally had a Black Friday sale on HoW -- 15% off everything & she sold older ready-to-ship pieces at prices based on her gold costs when they were made, so the base was lower to start with. I bought the pair of blue topaz HoW earrings that was on her site forever (always loved them) and a blue zircon Baby Lotus ring. On other sites today, didn't see anything I couldn't live without, including prices.

--- Laurie

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just found out that Jacob is having a 40% off everything sale, but my shopping cart is frozen! This would be more fun if they had better servers...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Manderz I love the Zaggs. I am waiting for my iPhone4s situation with ATT/Apple engineers to be resolved before I put one on. Im on my 5th iPhone4S and before we go with #6 and the plan Apple has laid out, we want to see if ATT resolves the issue. We THINK it's my account/phone number from the fact that I bought the iPhone4 replacement on my friends account and didn't remove it from my number/imei before I sent it to her. Woops.

But Zagg was the only "deal" I went for as well, though I did all my "regular" shopping through Ebates like normal bec of the bigger percentages.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
this year was brutal. I saw NOTHING in all my searching. I was pretty bummed out.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
AME: Holy crap! I can't believe you're having such issues with it. Fi has been itching for an iPhone 4s, but we're on verizon. What a pain in the butt ATT can be. We had them for ages, but switched because the service was so poor in our area. ATT only just brought in 3g here about 6 or 8 months ago.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had sprint for over a decade and they were NEVER interested in such issues. I am impressed with the amount of work they've done to figure out if it's the phone, the network or the account. I think it just fell over holiday time and screwed me up.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
picked up a couple cheap dvds on amazon otherwise it was a bust.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few FCDs over at Lebish have me salivating. :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: but I don't want to post links for the lurkers to steal them away. ;( ;( ;(

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw that the one website I was considering ordering from today actually advertised better deals during October and November than it did today! Did not purchase. Disappointing Cyber Monday for me.

marksperbug

Rough_Rock
i got a laptop from Amazon.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn't really on the hunt for anything but I did end up purchasing quite a few things on my favorite site related to my field. It's somewhat addicting...

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crate and Barrel had 15% off everything (EVERYTHING! Usually the only sales I see there are on couches!) so the fiance and I bought some pieces from the modular McAllister dining storage/sideboard set - 5 base pieces and three hutch pieces. Now we have something to go along the blank wall in the dining room! That was a surprise.

Usually I find that the prices on the things I buy lots of (books and tv shows) are lowest in the beginning of December and then again in the beginning of January. I think they must stock up to have add-ons to black friday shopping and christmas gifts and then try to purge inventory after those holidays are over. I don't need any books this year since I'm drowning in Borders closeout books, but there are some tv shows I want!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing tempted me this year. At all. Everything I found was either the same or just slightly higher priced before and I didn't want badly enough to buy.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
My general observation was that most of the "steals" were on lower end and very mainstream items. I'm a pretty particular shopper and won't go for the "popular" item. I was in the market for a camera...but only wanted two Canon models. Neither were on sale anywhere.

I did get a laptop though. Regularly $2699, got it for $1320. I think I cheated with some of the coupon codes though. haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results