shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloth Diapers - Black Friday Deals

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello to my fellow cloth-diapering mamas! Don't forget to shop today if you're in need of diapers. I know it's so hard to find things on sale and they're practically the same price everywhere. Diaperpin is a good quick hit in terms of today's offers. The best I've found so far is Easy Cloth Diaper has 20% off plus free shipping. I've been wanting to try Easyfits and, since N started daycare, I could use a few extra diapers in the stash. So, I got the 3 pack for $57.60 and free shipping. I *think* that's a good deal since they're usually $23 each. I can't wait to use them!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Puppmom. Any swim diaper recommendations?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, we have a Sun Smarties (on sale at One Step Ahead for $4.95) and an Imse Vimse (such cute girl patterns) and I would say they work about equally. The Imse Vimse is more expensive but does have a side snap that makes it easier to get off when it's wet.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to find the Happy Heiny's mini one-size on sale today but am not having any luck. All the places I find that say everything is on sale with a certain code don't stock it, and the ones that do have the regular one-size on sale but not the mini. Hmmm . . . I do have a $25 rewards gift certificate from Diaper Junction so I suppose I should just use that.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenixgirl, coupon code "blackfriday" at Thanks mama will give you 15% off your entire order. Coupon Code "checklist" will give 10% off your entire order at Kelly's Closet. Looks like they both stock HH Mini. They're so cute!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pupp! I have 6 in my cart at Kelly's Closet since they are the only ones with cute (i.e. pink) color choices right now. So it'd be $16.60 per diaper (regularly $18.95, or $17.95 on Diaper Junction but no cute colors). Hmmm . . . I just can't decide if buying 6 before I know they'll work is a bad idea or not . . . But from the reviews they sound like a great option and I'm really turned off of FuzziBunz right now. But then BumGenius newborn size is even cheaper . . . Gah!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decisions decisions! You know...BG were never my favorites. I always liked how tidy the FB were and how cute the Applecheeks and Blueberries were. But the BGs are my *old faithful*. They never leak and it's looking like they'll outlast everything else. They're definitely a high quality diaper.

edited for typos

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thank you, puppmom! The IVs are cute. Looks like KC is probably the best place to get them. I wonder what size to get? If she's 20 pounds now, will she be 24 in a few months . . . . I think I'll get the larger size. Cheapie-me doesn't want to buy them twice! The frills are too cute! Thank you!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I took the plunge. It's only 6 diapers so it's not like I'm committing for a lifetime. ;-) And if I don't like them, I can sell them on diaper swappers.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, N wears the large which is 20-26 lbs and it still fits (he's a little over 26lbs). They look small but don't forget it's a naked heiney not a diapered one going in there.

Phoenix, yay! Now I'm kinda wanting another baby...of the girl variety so I can put her in cute newborn nappies! :love:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Gah, must resist!! Repeat after me, I do not need any new diapers! :naughty:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I went to my local diaper store, and it was totally lame. They had a small table of stuff that was 30% off, a couple of deals like buy 2 get one free on Grovia, and buy 5 O'Katy's and get 1 free, but that was it. I did buy a newborn Rumparooz cover though. So hard to resist just getting a new diaper here and there . . . I also got some reusable nursing pads since I went through tons of the disposables with Claire.

ETA: Darnit, I just paid $12 for the cover and saw that it's $8 at Diaper Junction. I mean, it's nice to shop locally and see what you're buying first, but a 50% premium, no thanks . . .

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppmom - Thanks for the size advice. I'm not really sure when I'll take S for classes. Does N go to classes? When did he start? Was it worth it? So, what did you wind up getting today? I think you said in your first post, which I'll go re-read, but wondered whether you got anything else while searching for us! :bigsmile: ETA: Ohhhhhhhhhhh, you got my favorite!! That is a good deal! I have to check to see if they have any of the new colors, even though we don't need any!

PG - You're lucky to even have local CD store! Haha. Hey, I've decided I'm going to try drying our CDs in the family room, if the stove guy ever decides to deliver/install it!! I'm planning to use the stove for heat on the days that I'm home, so we don't have to heat the whole house, and I figure I can dry her diapers then too. Win-win! ETA: Sorry to hear about your over-priced local diaper. :knockout:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, N goes to swim lessons once per week and has since he was 9 months old. He goes to our local Y so it's relatively inexpensive. MIL takes him during the week and there are usually only 2 or 3 other kids tops. He loves it and I totally think it's worth it to get them comfortable in the water.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
LV, aw, no local store for you? We didn't have one until a year or two ago, so that's why I got hooked on Diaper Junction (which is in the same state and ships really fast). The one we do have is OK, but they are missing some major brands like BumGenius (though I think you can get those at a maternity store down the street). I'm lucky to live within walking distance of the cute shopping area in the old part of town. A few months ago I lost a used large FuzziBunz in a wetbag somewhere between there and my house. I retraced my steps because no way was I going to be one diaper short! I did find it -- someone had obviously opened it, found the soiled diaper, been like, WTF???!?! and dropped it on the sidewalk. Oops, sorry! I hope it was a thief and not a Good Samaritan who looked in the bag!

Must step away from the computer . . . just used my $25 GC on two Rumparooz newborn all in ones and another Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted Size 1. I'm going to have quite an odd assortment for the new baby.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Just got 6 more bumgenius organic AIOs. DH and I both love them, they don't leak at all during the day, and are easy to get on/off for potty training! I got 6 for $111 with free shipping on some diaper store that posted their add on diaperpin (natural life or something like that).

I'm going to post a bunch of the other diapers we don't need for sale on ebay this week and see if I can recoup what I just spent :Up_to_something:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bella, do you know what's the difference between the BG elementals, freetime, and 4.0s? I would give BG a try if I could figure out which one I wanted. The elementals are organic, right?

So what did everyone score yesterday? Do you think there will be better deals for Cyber Monday? It seems like everyone is just running their deal all weekend?

I got:

6 Happy Heinys Mini One-Size
2 Newborn Rumparooz AIOs
1 Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted
1 Rumparooz NB cover
pair of nursing pads
pair of snappis

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Nice Phoenix!!!

I don't know what the deal is with the new freetimes. The elementals are all organic AIOs and they are awesome! They dry pretty fast, don't leak during the day, are quite trim, and are super easy to change. I don't think I've tried them at night since the applecheeks work so well for us at night!

I think the 4.0s are just pockets or maybe solid AIOs. The elementals have three strips of soakers sewn in which are connected at each end but loose in the middle so they dry quickly.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella, with the AIO, is the wet *liner* next to B's skin? Do you have any issues if so?

Phoenix, those teeny tiny diapers are going to be so cute! I don't know if there will be better deals on Monday but I'll have my eyes peeled since deals are hard to find.

I got 3 TotBots Easyfits and two more Applecheeks - just the covers because I stuff them with loopy-dos at night. I ordered from Easy CD but just got a shipping confirm from GoGoNatural. :confused: DH is very excited about the Aplix because he's convince it'll be easier than the snaps.

ETA - mystery solved. Meredith Abney owns Easy Cloth too...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Pupp-With the elementals the wet layer is next to the skin but it's organic cotton. B has never gotten a rash from this and it doesn't bother him, I looked into the Freetime today after PhoenixGirl asked and it looks like the differences are that the freetime has a suede cloth staydry topper and the AIO liner part is not sewn in on each end, it's two free floating liners each sewn on one end--one at the top that unfolds towards the bottom and one on the bottom that unfolds towards the top.

I prefer the organic cotton and liners that are sewn on each end, so the elementals are good for us. The freetime isn't available until December so I don't think anyone has really tried it yet...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay, got my lil joey rumparooz and they are SO SMALL!!!! I know it's not practical to have a whole stash just for a couple of weeks (usually $15 each but always sold in two-packs) but they look like they will be great for before the umbilical cord falls off. Can't wait for my Happy Heiny's and Blueberry's to arrive . . .

Confessed to DH about my second $100 order last night. I really think I need help! I mean, I still don't even have a whole stash for the first few months, but it makes more sense to buy one diaper at a time than to buy 6. I just couldn't help it. I don't want to have the first few days when we CD to be putting our single diaper of X kind on, checking it out, and then having to use disposables anyway because we don't have enough. I'll probably just prep one of each of the 6 and then prep the rest if the first try goes well. Luckily he loves me, weird obsessions and all (and hey, CDs are a lot cheaper than diamonds!).

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great, PG! I still haven't bought a thing! I fell asleep shortly after 8 last night. I thought -- I can work, I can shop, or I can finally catch up on my sleep! Sleep won, and I'm so happy! I've been very zombie-ish lately. Anyway, when you think about it, every time you buy a CD, you're actually saving money by not buying sposies, right? ;))

Did you see that Swaddlebees/Blueberry has their clearance store stocked?

Puppmom - Have your tots bots arrived yet?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
LV, yes, and apparently Blueberries/Swaddlebees will be adding a few more grab bags for $6 tomorrow. I'm sure they will go fast, though! I may try to get one just for the fun of it, then donate anything I don't want . . . :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results