shape
carat
color
clarity

Glitter wedding shoes - Tacky or Fabulous?

Do you love glitter wedding shoes?

• Yes! Sparkly and Fabulous!

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No offense sparkly ladies, but they are TACKY!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Umm...I donno.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I can't decide. I do really like them but sometimes they can look so cheap. What do you think?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
You may support your argument with photographic evidence....I would like that ::)

Such as:

lite pink glitter shoes.jpg

Red flats..jpeg

Sparklely Flats with Bows.jpeg

Sparkly pink peep toe shoes!.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say fab! but done right, it has to be the right shoes...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I also voted yes! But with the stipulation, like other posters, that the shoe style must be right to pull off sparkle. More "classic chic with a sparkly twist" and less "my corner is 42nd and 8th."

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
The sparkles have to be good quality, too..

I love those flats with the bows! Oh my!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1320705407|3056397 said:
I also voted yes! But with the stipulation, like other posters, that the shoe style must be right to pull off sparkle. More "classic chic with a sparkly twist" and less "my corner is 42nd and 8th."
This. Exactly.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
In your opinion, what is it that makes some of these glitter shoes look cool and expensive and some really cheap?

I'm very keen for custom made glitter wedding shoes but I'm a bit worried about them coming out looking tacky or cheap. If they cost lots of money, I want them to look expensive, not hookery.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1320731229|3056643 said:
I'm trying to nail down exactly what aspects turn glitter shoes from cool to hooker.

I'm thinking very strappy + glitter = hooker
Massive platform + glitter = hooker

I think I like it best when they are a very classic shape with sparkles all over in one colour and have a small amount of trim in a complementary colour but different fabric. I think it structures them a bit more and makes them look tidy. Controlled sparkly.

yeah...I think it depends on the shoe. when done well, I think glitter shoes are fabulous :)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, sorry, I didn't realise I completely changed this post. I think it was first to omit the word hooker.... then I kind of got side tracked...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I think if you're going to go with a sparkly shoe, then that needs to be the wow factor. The rest of the shoe should be an incredibly simple, classic shape. No fancy sculpted heels...and not too crazy of a platform, either. I'd probably try to keep it around 3-3.5". No crazy strappy what-nots. Just a classic pump, peep-toe, kitten heel, or flat. Possibly a d'orsay or sling-back. And maybe with a tonal embellishment (like a satin bow).

I think the other key is the COLOR. I think it's easier for a hot pink glitter shoe to look tacky than a modest champagne colored one. Don't get me wrong...done right, hot pink sparkles can look classy, if you follow the other guidelines. But it will veer off into "this is my corner" faster than a neutral color, I think.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone else -- fabulous unless they're tacky. Isn't that a difficult line! :lol: I think I've posted these before, but my second pair of shoes might be along the lines of what you're talking about, although more sequined than glitter. I liked them because they were fun, but not too outlandish. Classic along the lines vc talks about.

BTW - I looooooove those sparkly pink peep toes you posted. Do you know where they're from?!?

CR-3031-M.jpg

CR-3916-M.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't vote because my response is, "Not my style"

I think I'd have to see someone's whole look to know if I'd consider it tacky or not, but I would not choose to wear glitter shoes because I wouldn't wear them ever. It matches some people's personality though, so no judgement here! I wore a pair of silver strappy heels that are my style. I wore them before the wedding and have worn them several times since.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1320806308|3057474 said:
BTW - I looooooove those sparkly pink peep toes you posted. Do you know where they're from?!?

I love them too! From what I can find (which isn't much) they are Badgley Mischka but not current season. If you look at a closer pic they are sequins not glitter.

Yours are amazing too, I love the big structural bow

4ever

Ideal_Rock
At the moment I'm considering a pinky/neutral coloured 31/2" peep toe with a teeny tiny platform for comfort with a little bit of patent leather trim in the same pinky neutral colour. Classy enough?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
4ever|1320818035|3057584 said:
At the moment I'm considering a pinky/neutral coloured 31/2" peep toe with a teeny tiny platform for comfort with a little bit of patent leather trim in the same pinky neutral colour. Classy enough?

Sounds nice. Pics?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1320822254|3057603 said:
4ever|1320818035|3057584 said:

Sounds nice. Pics?

Ditto!

That sounds like the perfect way to do glitter/sparkle. But we need pics! :naughty:

ETA: SB, I LOVE your second pair of shoes! So so so fabulous...and so YOU!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
No pics, I haven't found any quite right yet, I'd get Shoes of prey to make them for me.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I always wonder about those places. Comfort is a biggie for me as I have arthritis in my feet. I have to try shoes on, so places like Zappos are great, but custom shoe makers online... how do you know they will even be wearable?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Great reviews and you can return them for a full refund if you don't like them for any reason.

I would rather find something I liked and try it on but NZ just doesn't have the range in clothes and accessories that larger countries do. I just can't find anything I really like.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, they are returnable? Okay then. Nevermind :oops: .

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
I think glitter shoes are fabulous, and Louboutin and Miu Miu have lots of great styles to choose from. I'm a bit of a magpie though, so I'm always attracted to shiny, sparkly things.

As an alternative to glitter, you could also consider crystal/strass shoes. Again, Louboutin does some amazing colours/styles which are just perfect for a wedding: http://us.christianlouboutin.com/fifi-100mm-13687.html

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, 4ever WHERE are those little sparkly pumps with the bows from? I must have them.

I concur with the general opinion here :bigsmile:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
OUpeargirl|1320714507|3056484 said:
The sparkles have to be good quality, too..

I love those flats with the bows! Oh my!

Me too! Where did you find those?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Porridge|1320923369|3058486 said:
Oh my god, 4ever WHERE are those little sparkly pumps with the bows from? I must have them.

I concur with the general opinion here :bigsmile:

lol I was thinking the same! We can go halves on the shipping to Ireland!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Thank you 4ever! They are gorgeous.

bee* I'm totally willing to split shipping, how's your japanese?! (PS call over for tea soon!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just played with Shoes of Prey. I think these, with or without the peep toe and in a pink or silver or gold would be FABULOUS!

Glitter Shoes.png

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1320972460|3059105 said:
I just played with Shoes of Prey. I think these, with or without the peep toe and in a pink or silver or gold would be FABULOUS!

Totally agree! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results