shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval choices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Traeki

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m considering buying a stone from DCD as I have heard nothing but great things about Jim and his family and staff. I''m having trouble deciding which stones I like though. I''ve narrowed it down to these two and would appreciate some opinions and comments on the two stones.

Carat Weight: 0.84
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Shape: Oval
Depth: 59.5%
Table: 55%
Polish: GD
Symmetry: GD
Culet:
Girdle: - No current info
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.31x5.43x3.23
Cost: $3,361

Carat Weight: 0.85
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Oval
Depth: 62.9%
Table: 58%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: GD
Culet: N
Girdle: M -TK
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.34x5.28x3.32
Cost: $3,242

I''m particularly interested in thoughts regarding the Depth and Table precentages, but please note anything worth saying about them.

Thanks,
Steve!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They might make a decent "pair" of stones.... They both sound nice, but the girdle info on the first stone is critical if selecting betwqeen these based on numbers and descriptions. I avoid thick girdles when possible, so see what the girdle is on that one. Number 2 has a thick area on the girdle. How much is thick rather than medium has a bearing on the decision....

Truthfully, you should see both of them, but if you must choose without an exam, how about getting a photo of each.

Traeki

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick reply David. I hope to be able to view the stones before hand, but only one at a time. Most of the stones that I have found though searches here on Pricescope and on other sites seem to have thick or med-thick girdles. I'm new to diamond selection (having only read several articles and FAQ's on the net - including yours). Is a thin-medium girdle better than a med-thick one? And why or why not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results