shape
carat
color
clarity

wish me something to be finished soon!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I have three projects in the making. Two inexpensive, and the third may be pricey. I am sort of dragging my feet on setting stones, and I think the jewelers feel it, too. (My favorite one is prompt, though, she is just waiting for the material). But as I am waiting, I am losing interest in stones as such... Other things are taking over.

So since I have invested so much time and money into this business, and selling or donating stuff would take a lot of time, please, wish me get some finished items soon! I shall post something here...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Jewel dust, Crasru!! :appl:

--- Laurie

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, JewelFreak! I am discussing another item with another jeweler, but if he sits on it, like the other two jewelers, I shall have nothing new for a long, long time. Can not blame them either, I think they feel my lack of interest.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
So, "losing interest in jewels as such" -- Crasru, you're scaring me! :) Are you getting into some new interest? Or just in a bored period? Elucidate, girl!

--- Laurie

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I feel you...I have set a lot of stones in probably a two year period. When I think how much money I have spent-ugh! I still love my jewels but feel like my priorities have been elsewhere recently. Probably why I mostly just lurk here lately. Your interest may come back, or not. But if it doesn't, that's ok too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is interesting... From time to time I decide to lose weight. I posted the principle I use in "The Hangout". but bottom line is, no stocking up. So I eat only when I feel hungry and until I stop feeling hungry, and shop only when I feel I need to buy something. I still have some stones to set, and I am interested in stones, but not like buying spinel because someone has bought it... It is like, destocking. Or unstocking. During these times, I really lose interest in food and other things material. I am not depressed at all, and I have no eating problems, sleep well... The behavior does not change, but often afterwards I switch hobbies or interests. I already lost 9 lbs in 2 mo and I was not trying... just changed outlook on things. The only thing that has changed, I am going to the opera and symphony more often.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lose interest when the money can be best used elsewhere. Recently I scrapped so much of my old jewelry I could buy new stones and settings so my interest was peaked again. Especially when I found a new gemstone I love- spinels. There is no crime in letting your stones sit and wait until you are interested again. Or if you feel like selling it is very easy on the other forum. Personally if your interests are elsewhere then I think you should avoid and expensive project. If it isn't fun then don't do it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Lisa makes sense. But please don't go away from here! We'd miss you SO much. :cry:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall not... I love you all, and I respect you all too much.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK this is a very simple pendant made by Jill Anish. We both wanted something different but the stone was irregular in shape so a wirewrap did not work. I think it will look nice on a string of pearls, perhaps orangey pearls will look better? It is a Welo opal which I bought for its body color (orange and green!). I should have used gold for a setting but I was saving $$ for a large quest which is turning into an endless crusade... ah, well. This is my first opal except for brief stints with Mexican opals but I found out it was pretty likable.

Two other jewelers emailed me with CADs so I think I shall have something to wear soon!

opal11.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice! I love wello opals and this pendant looks like it is so easy to wear.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
That's a lovely pendant! Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1320000823|3050492 said:
OK this is a very simple pendant made by Jill Anish. We both wanted something different but the stone was irregular in shape so a wirewrap did not work. I think it will look nice on a string of pearls, perhaps orangey pearls will look better? It is a Welo opal which I bought for its body color (orange and green!). I should have used gold for a setting but I was saving $$ for a large quest which is turning into an endless crusade... ah, well. This is my first opal except for brief stints with Mexican opals but I found out it was pretty likable.

Two other jewelers emailed me with CADs so I think I shall have something to wear soon!

Look forward to it!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results