shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally deciding between these 2 RBs- Pls help!

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for everyone's help so far.
I'm finally deciding on one of these 2, pls help me decide.

1) JA 1.85 F SI1

F-SI1-Ideal-Cut-1_85-Carat-Round-Diamond.jpg

IS 1.85.jpg

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
2)

IS 2.09.jpg

AGS 2.09.jpg

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
The 1st one is about $17500 and the 2nd one is $21000.
I'd like a 2 ct size but can't seem to find a great stone.
I like the 1.85ct for its specs and numbers, just wish it were a little bigger.
Thanks for any suggestions, and input

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you make the ags report attachment bigger - just printscreen the proportions and aset map, say? I can't read it at all on my monitor.

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Yssie for your help
Depth 62.5
table 56.2
crown angle 35.7
pavilion 40.6
This would also give a good HCA score of 1.5, excellent within FIC range

it has GIA 2115480191 inscribed on the girdle
and when i pulled that out. its a H color SI1 GIA triple ex dated dec 15, 2009
depth 62.4
table 57
crown 35.5
pav 40.8
And here the same diamond has a HCA score of 2.7!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The JA IS looks fine to me, and numbers are fine if they all work together.

The AGS' numbers are right up my alley but the IS is.. surprising.. can you blow up the ASET from the AGS report and post that larger too?

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I've tried to attach the cert here:

AGS 2.09.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
sorry, i'm trying but having a little trouble... how do i do that?

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks stone cold for your help!
I'm concerned that this AGS diamond has a H color with the GIA cert. SO GIA is stricter with colour right?
I can see an inclusion in the middle of the diamond from the IS image (of the AGS), but vendor says its eye clean..

I feel the JA 1.85 ct is a safer bet, as i'm not too sure about the other vendor of this AGS diamond.
Of course i wouldn't want to pass up on a nice >2 ct diamond... hence my dilemna

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mcblohe|1299176647|2863884 said:
Thanks stone cold for your help!
I'm concerned that this AGS diamond has a H color with the GIA cert. SO GIA is stricter with colour right?
No, just means this particular stone may be one of those that's on the fence. Or that those particular graders were going easy (or hard) on stones that day. We can't say anything about generalities w/ just this one sample.

I can see an inclusion in the middle of the diamond from the IS image (of the AGS), but vendor says its eye clean..
Pictures are not good for judging real-world visibility inclusions - your eyes are the best judges of that, or your rep's eyes if yours don't have the opportunity. This thread elaborates on how clarity is evaluated by the labs: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/clarity-grading-question.154174/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/clarity-grading-question.154174/[/URL]

I feel the JA 1.85 ct is a safer bet, as i'm not too sure about the other vendor of this AGS diamond.
Of course i wouldn't want to pass up on a nice >2 ct diamond... hence my dilemna

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the 1st one looks better to me...the IS for the 2nd one doesn't look as good, which is surprising since it is an AGS0 and the light performance map on the grading report looks fine. I'm not sure why that is though???

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I was disappointed with the IS of the 2nd one too. When i spoke to the vendor, he said the diamond looks great and the IS was not 'enhanced'.
Could it be redder if adjusted? :naughty:
If its a borderline H color, then i think the 1.85 F would be a better choice tho its smaller?

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I'm not too sure how to read an IS image.
The arrows on the 1st diamond seems 'fatter' than the arrows on the 2nd one. What does that tell you?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
mcblohe|1299179021|2863931 said:
I'm not too sure how to read an IS image.
The arrows on the 1st diamond seems 'fatter' than the arrows on the 2nd one. What does that tell you?

I like the first as well. Side by side you would not be able to tell them apart in terms of size.

The arrow thickness is a fucntion of the length of the lower girdle facets, among other things. Shorter lgf = fatter arrows like in the GIA stone, which has 75% lgf. Arrow thickness affects the facet patterning, and in this case one is not inherently better than the other. Thinner arrows tend to favour more pinpoint flashes and fatter arrows tend to favour bolder flashes of white light. I personally like fatter arrows like in the GIA stone in diamond of this size because they are large enough to handle the extra contrast that shortr lgf can create -- there is a bolder patter of light and dark in shorter lgf stones compared to longer lgf stones. It is just part of the different flavours you can get in diamonds. Most people will not notice it in person ;))

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your help
The GIA JA stone seems like a clear winner!
Any more inputs are greatly welcome too
Thanks again

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I've attached the image of the JA GIA diamond with the inclusions circled.
Crystal on the left and feather on the right (just like in the GIA cert)
Looks ok?

Thanks!

1.85 image.JPG

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Looking at the picture, will it be eye clean?
JA says most people would consider this eye clean, unless you have the keenest eye... hmmm
Is this a good SI1, or can SI1s be better?
Thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mcblohe|1299422838|2865968 said:
Looking at the picture, will it be eye clean?
JA says most people would consider this eye clean, unless you have the keenest eye... hmmm
Is this a good SI1, or can SI1s be better?
Thanks

Can't tell anything about visibility of inclusions from still photos - if you're worried and you know you have keen vision perhaps it's worth it to have it shipped out to you to inspect in-person, that's really the only way to be absolutely sure if something meets your requirements or not. It would probably be $100-200 to fedex overnight both ways, depending on where you are, I'd guess.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1299434295|2866077 said:
l photos - if you're worried and you know you have keen vision perhaps it's worth it to have it shipped out to you to inspect in-person, that's really the only way to be absolutely sure if something meets your requirements or not. It would probably be $100-200 to fedex overnight both ways, depending on where you are, I'd guess.

Ditto on the eye-clean part. Shipping part, Fedex will not insure for the stone so no to using Fedex to ship back the stone, WF will not accept the stone too if it is shipped back any other way than using USPS registered mailed according to their directions. A way to get faster return shipping is to get an independent appraiser involved as he will have his own external insurance to cover for lost on Fedex shipment.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone-cold11|1299436173|2866103 said:
Yssie|1299434295|2866077 said:
l photos - if you're worried and you know you have keen vision perhaps it's worth it to have it shipped out to you to inspect in-person, that's really the only way to be absolutely sure if something meets your requirements or not. It would probably be $100-200 to fedex overnight both ways, depending on where you are, I'd guess.

Ditto on the eye-clean part. Shipping part, Fedex will not insure for the stone so no to using Fedex to ship back the stone, WF will not accept the stone too if it is shipped back any other way than using USPS registered mailed according to their directions. A way to get faster return shipping is to get an independent appraiser involved as he will have his own external insurance to cover for lost on Fedex shipment.

Ack - of course SC is right, you wouldn't have your own insurance on this stone so you'd have to talk to WF about your options.

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Unfortunately i live in Singapore and my husband is only visiting Houston, TX for a few days to receive the stone and bring it back to me in SIngapore. That's why i'd like to be sure about the stone, as it's gonna be a big hassle to send back...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results