shape
carat
color
clarity

Before and after cleaning pics

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I meant to take pictures of my kitten on Saturday but he was too wound up to stay in focus so I wound up taking pictures of my rings (some of the fire shots were posted earlier). I had no idea she was so dirty so I decided to clean her and take clean photos and thought I'd share them. Anyone else want to share theirs?

181534_125740800830433_100001835402542_169411_5594704_n.jpg

180430_125720847499095_100001835402542_169362_1745423_n.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahooooo Athena! Are you sure it's not a new ring in the second pic? :lol: :lol:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
stci|1297724842|2851902 said:
Wahooooo Athena! Are you sure it's not a new ring in the second pic? :lol: :lol:

I know right? It's like I dipped it in hairspray before or something.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know ... in all deference to your cleaning skills, I do not see THAT much of a difference. I take it more as a testament to how well-cut the stone is!

It'd be fun to do a dirty/clean thread of H&A-OOO stones vs. other types, though (and I say this as the owner of a totally random cut stone - I'd love to see a comparison chart!).

Okay! Starting NOW, I am not cleaning my ring, and come next Monday, I'll post pics, pre- and post-cleaning. Let's see what we see!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Circe.... I can't! It's impossible I let my ring become dirty! I know I will be sick! Sorry...... I really can't.... :(sad

miwa

Rough_Rock
speaking of cleaning, how do you all clean your rings?

stci

Ideal_Rock
I suggest you do a search on the forum. This question was answered million times.

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
miwa|1297752879|2852186 said:
I clean mine by soaking it in really hot water and Simple Green (about 5 minutes) then use a little tooth bursh to scrub it. Out of everything I have tried this has been the thing that has gotten my ring the most sparkly!! I used to get my rings cleaned while at Nordstroms and the lady told me that's what they use. Then my jeweler told me to use really hot water when cleaning it with my ultrasonic.. so I just merged the two together minus the US...

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
miwa|1297752879|2852186 said:

I soak mine in a windex/water mix and then use my steam cleaner to finish it off.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread. I did a question re: cleaners and here's my experience:

I had Connoseiurs cleaner (for diamonds) and it worked great, actually better than the Caribbean Gem ($30 set) cleaner I just bought nd recieved and tried. I was not impressed w/ that cleaner. The Conno. worked much better. - the diamonds glisten after that and it's a think watery liquid cleaner so i don't think it would "build up" but who knows? I recommend that instead of mr clean, windex, etc.

I went to the jeweler the other day to check my prongs and she cleaned my ring - it looks SO sparkly when she took it out.
She let it sit in some liquid - boiling maybe?? and then steam cleaned it. WOW the difference. :love:

Anyway, I also have the Jewel Jet Steam Cleaner and I love that. I haven't used it on my antique stone/ring yet though.

The jeweler told me this (how to clean the diamond eng ring): :read:
take Dawn dishwashing liquid and put a drop or 2 in some water until it's sudsy
you don't want it to be thick and soapy, just enough so there is more water than soap (this is what she said)
let it soak, (overnight i think) and then take toothbrush if u want and go underneath the diamond (not on top)
do this once a week
she saidif urgoing out, use the cleaner in a pinch but they build up on the diamond and then the ring would have to boil much longer....

I don't like the idea of letting the antique stone soak or using windex, mr clean or anything like that. I think what she said is good or the Connosers and rinse very well and the Jewel Jet steam cleaner - what's purer than water, right???

I wish my stone could look that clean and glossy every day! I wonder what that stuff was? It was red liquid I think, bubbling (in a metal pot thing) :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results