shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite Engagement Ring Finally Done

jps

Rough_Rock
I'd like to share my ring with you because I have had so much help over the past 2 years from this forum.

The tsavorite is 2.13ct and measures 7.30L x 6.85W x 5.25D mm. (There are 3 peices of lint on it - they are not scratches.) I found a true professional traveling to Africa who was willing to find rough and cut a stone to my very explicit specifications. He asks to remain nameless for legal reasons but most seasoned pricescopers can tell who he is from his amazing work!

The setting is full Platinum from the great people at Whiteflash. Their team held my hand the entire way since the process was completely new to me. I was able to safely get my stone to them across boarder (after a second reminder I was Canadian, not American) and then my finished ring back again. Also, the designer was very patient in understanding my exact wants when I had difficulty expressing them properly.

Thank you to all!

Tsav transluscentwhiteplastic.jpg

Tsav 18-greycardonglass.jpg

ring3.jpg

ring1.jpg

jps

Rough_Rock
Here is a poor cell phone picture. In real life it looks astounding and sparkles like crazy!

handshot1.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful setting for a beautiful stone! You have done very well.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is an awesome stone. Not too dark, not too light. Awesome

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beyond stunning!!!! Absolutely gorgeous, and so well done! Love the profile of the basket, as well! Congrats!

Are you going with a matching wedding band, or are you going to mix it up with something different?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring!! Enjoy and congratulations on your engagement. :D

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning & beautiful.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is gorgeous and the tsavorite is the most beautiful shade of green!!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very pretty and I'm so glad that the process worked out well for you. I don't think people understand how stressful it can be trying to get your ideas over to others and then they translate it just as it looks in your head! Congratulations.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
A beautiful stone in a gorgeous setting - it turned out perfection - double congratulations!

jps

Rough_Rock
LaurenThePartier|1296929337|2844016 said:
Beyond stunning!!!! Absolutely gorgeous, and so well done! Love the profile of the basket, as well! Congrats!
Are you going with a matching wedding band, or are you going to mix it up with something different?

Thank you everyone for such positive responses.

I have struggled with the band a lot too; my options are below.
1. Matching band (same pave and width)
2. Plain band (same width)
3. I love mokume gane and things that are a bit 'different'. Do you think a white/grey mokume gane band in a matching width would work? Or should I just do #1 or #2 to be worn with the engagement ring and then a second much wider mokume gane band for wear all by itself for days/tasks when it is not safe to wear the tsavorite?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

I have a curved band for mine, and a 22kt gold plain band for when I'm not wearing my e-ring. My husband has a mokume gane band. If he hadn't I would have been tempted either to get a curved mokume band or a separate one like I have my gold band.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING ring! And I recognize that cutter from the photos, he is an absolute gem to work with. I'm hoping to be purchasing something from him soon!

In terms of the wedding bad. I wear a 3mm white metal mokume wedding band. I often stack it with my bezeled eternity ring and I really like the look of the subtle mokume next to the sparkle of the diamonds.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout: thats a lovely ring! that tsav is yummy!

-A

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
This is so pretty! I really like the look of plain bands next to diamond ones in the same width. Congrats!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Goodness !!!!! That is such a lovely stone and setting!
WOW, just gorgeous!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats!! Oh and your ring is a beauty!

cheer--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a lucky, lucky girl. Beautiful stone & ring :love: Congratulations on your engagement!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring and stone are both gorgeous. Congratulations.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful, they did a great job. That Tsav is amazing... Congrats!! :love:

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement.
Your ring is just stunning in every way.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Absolutely stunning. And congrats on the engagement!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Speechless! It is totally beautiful. I vote for a matching pave band. Get a mokume for wearing alone.

--- Laurie

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations of your engagement, and on a truly beautiful ring!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It's beyond stunning. Congrats!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Congrats on your engagement!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1296999872|2844726 said:
Speechless! It is totally beautiful. I vote for a matching pave band. Get a mokume for wearing alone.

--- Laurie

Ditto this idea. I :love: :love: :love: your ring. What a beautiful stone!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring! I'd wear it with a matching pave band (maybe one on each side?). Mokume Gane is really cool but seems to be a totally different style and would clash IMO.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, congratulations. Your Tsavorite is gorgeous. :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recognize the pictures and the cut of that tsavorite. Congrats on a gorgeous stone and equally amazing setting from WF! I suggest having two bands; a plain one to wear with the e-ring and a second one with melees when you are travelling or can’t wear your e-ring but still want some pizzazz over a plain band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results