shape
carat
color
clarity

Quit Smoking Thread

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to post on the other thread that I used to post on (under a different name) after I noticed Lorelei was back! It's been awhile since I last posted over here but it has now been over 2 years since I had my last cigarette! If it hadn't been for Lorelei's encouragement and just plain awesomeness I don't know if I would have been able to do it so I just wanted to give a shout out here to thank you soo soo soo much Lorelei! If anyone is thinking of quitting or needs motivation or help, please post here! I want to help! It seems like the most appropriate way to pay it forward after gaining many years of my life back. If you're reading this and thinking about it, you can do it!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
random_thought|1294541252|2817918 said:
I was going to post on the other thread that I used to post on (under a different name) after I noticed Lorelei was back! It's been awhile since I last posted over here but it has now been over 2 years since I had my last cigarette! If it hadn't been for Lorelei's encouragement and just plain awesomeness I don't know if I would have been able to do it so I just wanted to give a shout out here to thank you soo soo soo much Lorelei! If anyone is thinking of quitting or needs motivation or help, please post here! I want to help! It seems like the most appropriate way to pay it forward after gaining many years of my life back. If you're reading this and thinking about it, you can do it!!

Oh you darling!!! xoxoxo

I am SO HAPPY for you AND PROUD, doesn't it feel great to be free of the bloody things??? I never ever thought I could do it but as I did manage to and will be celebrating FIVE years tobacco free in the summer, I am so glad if I can help pay it forward too!

I join with random, if there is anyone out there that wants to quit but is struggling then please go ahead and post and random and I plus the other PS quitters will be so glad to help.

I have to say honestly, quitting smoking wasn't the hardest thing I have ever done once I put my mind to it, yes I missed it for a while but I soon got over it, this was after smoking for well over 20 years. A fear was that I would gain weight but I lost even more as I kept active and a close eye on what I was eating and I am happy to say I am still trim and fit, MUCH fitter in fact as I can now exercise and run hard without getting out of breath.

Random, you have made my day posting this, thank you!! What a feeling to have been able to help someone break free from cigarettes, if I have helped you in some small way then I am delighted!!!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely it is the best feeling! I'm expecting my first born and I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't quit smoking. I feel so much healthier than I used to and I agree with you about the weight loss thing. I ended up losing weight instead of gaining as well!

PhillYOung

Rough_Rock
Many people of today starting to quit from smoking because it can cause a serious diseases.

danyhutch

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to you guys!!! I try so hard and now i'm smoking the e-cigarette. sight!!! Wish me luck, i want to quit so bad.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Everybody,
I used to absolutely love to smoke and was a real connoisseur, American Spirit Organic cigarettes, organic cigars, even growing and rolling my own but finally I understood that smoking this plant makes us feel better by pushing our emotions down to the extent that we can no longer feel them, thus allowing us to feel brave, confident, and secure, however, when we stop smoking, the stored emotions rise rapidly and we must either deal with them or light up again. I decided to deal with my emotions. They were not as bad as I thought. KNOW you can do it, best regards, Lee

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to bump this thread in case anyone out there would like some tips on how to quit smoking. Random, I hope it's still going well for you! :wavey:

It's been eight years for me now, I rarely think about cigarettes anymore, how wonderful is that!

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
PRESSURE PRESURE PRESSURE ! ! ! get rid of it. Don't worry about quitting for the rest of you life. Just don't smoke now, maybe in an hour or so, maybe not. Just don't smoke today, maybe tomorrow, maybe not. It's just a few minutes, relax, you've got this. It doesn't have to be an overwhelming task. It's just not smoking now.

Or you could be hard headed like me and just decide not to smoke and not smoke.

I smoked for years, many years ago. My doctor use to bark at me every visit. One day he says to me "You smoke too much, what are you going to do when you get cancer?" I said "Go on vacation" He said "Good because you'll die, you smoke too much and nothing can save you". The visit after I stopped he told me "It's my job to help you live a long healthy life and now we've added years to it".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results