shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Eve proposal :)

brittany0613

Rough_Rock
I wasn't on the list long, but it's time to be removed!

BF and I had planned to do our Christmas and open presents Christmas Eve morning since we were going to be spending Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day with our families. So we got up that morning and dug into the presents. BF had numbered mine so that I would open them in a certain order. 1-3 were all things for my camera. So at this point I figured it was going to be a camera Christmas. I was perfectly ok with that! I love getting awesome stuff for my budding photography hobby! So I opened number 4. This one is what I have been calling my "decoy jewelry" because BF had originally told me I wasn't getting a sparkly this Christmas since the engagement ring was being made. (Yes, I knew. We designed it together. I just didn't know when it was coming.) Number 4 was a very pretty pearl and diamond accented necklace since pearl is my "old fashioned" birthstone for June (Alexandrite being the "modern" one). He had totally tricked me with this one. I had no idea he'd been even more sneaky! So on to number 5. It was a very pretty jewelry box. He says he got me a new one with necklace hooks (hence the necklace decoy) since the one I had didn't have necklace hooks and it drove me nuts. So I open it up and start looking through it. When I get down to the bottom drawer there is a black velvet ring box. At this point I knew. I pulled the box out, opened it, and it was absolutely beautiful and perfect. Better than I ever had imagined (and I had done PLENTY of daydreaming about that ring. lol). The waterworks began. BF was taking pictures the whole time, and NO I am not posting them because I was in my pjs and had just woke up, and as he is snapping away, he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. And I said, "Yes, of course!" And there was lots of crying and hugging and smiling.

So that is the story of the greatest Christmas ever. I am posting from my iPhone so I can't post a pic yet (I promise I will later when I can get to my computer!), but my ring is a white gold trellis setting with two approximately .4ct rounds and one 1.01ct oval center stone. Part of what makes it so special is that one round diamond was left to me by my grandma and the other round diamond was given to me by my mom and had been in the wedding ring she wore when she was married to my dad. So it's generational and completely unique. The setting had to be custom made to fit the slight difference in size of the stones, so nobody is ever going to have the same ring that I have. I love it. And I can't wait to be his wife. :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Very sweet proposal story. I love the history of your ring. Can't wait to see pictures!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
What a great proposal! I can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations! :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the photos!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! Congrats and I can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! lovely proposal and the ring sounds gorgeous, cant wait to see it :love: :appl:

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! I'm looking forward to the ring pics.

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!

Looking forward to the pics!!! :appl:

brittany0613

Rough_Rock
Ok everyone, PICTURES!!!! :bigsmile:

My fiance got me some reversal rings for my DSLR so I can start playing with macro photography, and this was the perfect thing to experiment with!
IMG_3658brightnesssize.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic, but got a yellow flash of fire in there. :)
166583_827799396586_37505429_42725592_6249463_n.jpg

BTW, I have huge size 9 fingers, so these three stones have some great finger coverage!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: it!!

more pics please, we need faraway shots, close-ups and natural light =)

brittany0613

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! :)

Ha ha I will be taking more pictures as soon as the weather cooperates. It's been drizzly and cloudy and I want to get some shots in the sun. It freaking sparkles like nothing I've ever seen before!! I also got a fancy flash for christmas that I am learning to use so I will play with that some too to get some decent indoors shots.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
brittany0613|1294363737|2816296 said:
Thanks!! :)

Ha ha I will be taking more pictures as soon as the weather cooperates. It's been drizzly and cloudy and I want to get some shots in the sun. It freaking sparkles like nothing I've ever seen before!! I also got a fancy flash for christmas that I am learning to use so I will play with that some too to get some decent indoors shots.

You will have a blast practicing your ring photography! Your doing well already! Can't wait to see your next photos! :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Congrats to you both! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results