shape
carat
color
clarity

ring finally here!!!!

jane_e

Rough_Rock
my MaeVona Ensay is finally here and on my finger!!!! here are some pictures-- very difficult to take anything that does this justice.

specs are .76 F SI1 AGS000 (on a size 3.75 finger)

first in the box:

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

jane_e

Rough_Rock
some more...amazing side view and on my hand.

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

jane_e

Rough_Rock
more!

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

jane_e

Rough_Rock
you can see the pretty side detailing of the Ensay in the 2nd one here.

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

jane_e

Rough_Rock
last ones...

yay!!!!

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! how exciting! I LOVE Maevona, it is so good to see one on here.

Love the Ensay, are you getting the matching band? Gorgeous profile.

Can I ask if you are in CA by any chance? just wondering who you purchased from and if they were good to work with. I often dream of a Maevona reset ;-)

Congrats!

jane_e

Rough_Rock
I love MaeVona too!! They have so many pretty settings that are interesting without having pave all over them!

I think i will probably not get the matching band and just get a plain low dome 2.5 mm or so. Not totally sure yet though!

I got it from Baileys in North Carolina. They were great to work with and really helpful in finding a stone. I also talked directly to MaeVona a bit to help in getting a sample in of the settings to view before we decided on which one to get (I was torn for awhile between the Ensay and the Rora). It seems like whatever jeweler you work with that carries MaeVona, they are going to be really helpful and make sure you get it just how you want it.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Love the Rora too. Also love the Danna and pretty much all of them really! But I do like the semi-bezel look and all of the mixing and matching of metals you can do with her designs.

A plain band would look great too. I"m not such a matchy-matchy person either. Sigh. I am jealous! I just took a quick look at their FB page and saw your ring there too. Lovely!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow...that is unique- i love it!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Great setting!! Your ring is just beautiful and looks wonderful and big on you! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I've never seen a setting quite like that before- I like it! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
this setting is new to me too, i like it! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! The profile is amazing!

jane_e

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone! here are a couple more pictures from my fiance's fancy SLR camera :)

DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful and Unique. I was at a local jewelers and saw that he had an ad for MaeVona displayed but he had no merchandise. :(sad I would love to see some of the line in person.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can I just say this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! love the profile and the texture shape of the shank! Looks Fantastic on you! :love:

chicnhed

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!

I LOVE MaeVona! I eyeballed the Kerrera setting for year when we started looking at rings. Then we decided to go custom, but i still think about it from time to time. I just love how fluid all of MaeVona's jewelry is! Gorgeous!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Very cool setting!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
WOW that is beautiful!! So fluid and elegant! Oh and Hello to a fellow NC'er :wavey: Did they have it in stock there for you to see/try on? I have been to a couple of the Bailey's stores and I have never seen a MaeVona setting (I also had no idea the style I was looking for so it is a good possibility I overlooked it!). Just wondering as I would love to see that setting in person! Congrats it's a beauty for sure!! And your fingers are so tiny! It looks absolutely huge on you :naughty:

jane_e

Rough_Rock
thanks all!

so far I think the Cameron Village store in Raleigh, NC is the only Bailey's that carries MaeVona, and they just started carrying it about 6 months or so ago. They have a small selection in the store, so I had to get them to bring in a sample straight from the designer for me to view this particular style in person. That was no problem though and only took a couple days for it to arrive and they handle all the shipping back and forth. Only issue was that they had to send it back shortly, so I only got to see it once. Couldn't be wishy-washy about whether or not I liked it. Good thing I was in love as soon as I saw it!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Ah yes I have not been to the Raleigh store but the Greenville and Fayetteville stores. The Greenville store is the larger of the two had a bigger selection. I am going to be in Raleigh tomorrow and I am planning on stopping by Diamonds Direct by Crabtree to check out some settings. During your search did you happen to ever venture there? I personally only know of one other person who has been there but enjoyed the experience. Just wondering what to expect. Anyway, that setting was definitely meant to be for you ! Its beautiful and I am so glad to hear you had a good experience. I don't have a relationship with a local jeweler and it would be nice to for future projects and benchwork, etc.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful, Jane :love: classic but not common...

enjoy wearing it =)

jane_e

Rough_Rock
piratefan|1291412395|2786675 said:
I am going to be in Raleigh tomorrow and I am planning on stopping by Diamonds Direct by Crabtree to check out some settings. During your search did you happen to ever venture there? I personally only know of one other person who has been there but enjoyed the experience. Just wondering what to expect.

we did stop by diamonds direct, and it was an interesting experience. it was a ZOO there. very very busy. i expect it will be even more so now that we are getting closer to christmas. they certainly carry a lot of the big name designers and seem to have a lot of stones too, but almost all GIA. I wanted AGS and they didn't have MaeVona, so we moved on. also, expect a bit more of a sales pitch than real gemological expertise. but if you know what you are looking for, it could certainly be a good place. so much selection.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A classic with a twist 8) it looks lovely on your finger!

Enjoy it :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring! I have never seen Maevona before, but I love it. I love the way the setting holds the diamond and the
unique profile. What a gorgeous piece and you won't see very many like it, I am sure. Unique and beautiful!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is one of the prettiest solitaires i've ever seen - i love it!!!

jane_e

Rough_Rock
violet3|1291501768|2787434 said:
I think that is one of the prettiest solitaires i've ever seen - i love it!!!

aww thanks!!!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
This ring is so perfect! It's whimsical and lovely.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Enchanting arrows and interesting setting...the more I look at it, the more I like it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results