shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling on the experts-newbie ready to buy, but which one is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nobodyb4

Rough_Rock
I am finally after months of researching going to purchase my fiance's "Asscher" ( ie square cut emerald)diamond and I'm down to 4 stones.

Please give your opinions on which you think is the best and why.
twirl.gif
I am having a hard time at this point trying to decide and buying over the web I can't physically see the stones side by side to try to compare.

All are priced within $500 of the other so there is no appreciable difference with pricing. Here is the dirt from the GIA certs.

1. 1.53 F/VVS1/66.2% Depth/60% table/ex polish/ex symmetry/No cutlet/Thick girdle/No flur./Measurement 6.57*6.53*4.32mm

2. 1.52 E/VS1/67.5% Depth/65% table/ex polish/vg symmetry/no cutlet/ thick girdle/no flur./measuremt 6.50*6.40*4.44mm

3. 1.51 G/IF/ 69.4% depth/61% table/ ex polish/ex symmetry/no cutlet/stk-tk girdle/no flur./ measuremt 6.39*6.34*4.40mm

4. 1.59 F/VVS2/70.0% depth/ 75% table/ vg polish/vg symmetry/ no cutlet/ stk-tk girdle/no flur./ measuremnt 6.71*6.39*4.47mm

Thank you for taking the time to look and give your opinion

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I would say the first one.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I don't know much about asscher cuts, so can only give you my 2cents on a few points. I like the color/clarity combo of #2 the best. I like the dimensions of #1 the best, and it is a good color/clarity option also. Getting picky, it is just a little deep according to the AGA carts and has a thick girdle but otherwise, looks like a very nice stone. I think I'd go with #1 based on the little I know.

Maybe someone who really knows something about this cut can chime in here!

nobodyb4

Rough_Rock
thanks for feedback-i'm thinking either 1 or 2 but still not sure. I want a high quality stone and the cut is such that it is hard to judge based on GIA. Anyone else have an other comments?
Any feedback is welcome-thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results