shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing Beads????

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok, I have lost a lot of weight but I am not done yet. However, my ering and wring are getting too big. I don't really want to go as drastic as having my rings cut down but I am worried about them falling off and my JM ering is constantly spinning around and hitting stuff (yikes).

How many of you have experience with sizing beads? How do you feel about them in general and if you have them is that your "permanent fix" for size issues?

Also if anyone has pics I would like to see what they look like in the ring.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I had sizing bead put in and I could only stand wearing my ring for a few hours.. They hurt pretty bad. I think mine were extra high.. So, I had them put in sizing bars, which were way more comfortable, but my ring was still too big. FINALLY, my jeweler put in a butterfly spring (aka a U sizer??) and I'm 100% satisfied.. Ask a local jeweler for your best option, but I'd definitely suggest not going with beads.. ouch!

AllyD

Shiny_Rock
I have two sizing beads in my eternity wedding band. At first it was a strange feeling, but almost 2 years later, I'm used to it. I'll try to get a picture to show you what it looks like.

Here are two pictures.

wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love 'em! They put them in, you try wearing it day-to-day, then they shave it down until you're comfortable. Again - I LOVE em!

sparkledust

Rough_Rock
I had sizing beads put into my engagement ring and I must tell you, I don't even know they are there (from a comfort standpoint). They were comfortable from the day I had my jeweler put them in. Love them!

U shaped bands or butterfly bands aren't good for the metal of the ring over time. My jeweler says that those are only a temporary fix until you have decided either on having the ring sized or having sizing beads placed.
The butterfly/U bands can damage the ring over time by causing deep wear marks or grooves in the band of the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results