shape
carat
color
clarity

14k Nazi White gold ring? Help identify hallmarks

Jake2910

Rough_Rock
Hi, so on my holiday trip to Bulgaria today I purchased this interesting ring off a antique market vendor for around 25 BGN Leva or £12 ish. When I got back to the hotel I decided to check out the hallmarks and have identified the 585 as being a symbol of 14k gold of some variety? Could I get a confirmation? Above this is what I'm really puzzled at though. A hallmark resembling "14P" which I couldn't find anything about. I also couldn't find any similar rings around Google. Anyone know about this? Images attached. Screenshot_20171027-213705.png 1509129436132166997522.jpg 15091294586491220225714.jpg 15091294800061991377952.jpg

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
585 means in Europe 14 k gold, because in 14 k gold there is 58,3 % gold, and 40,7 % other different metals.
And the signal on the ring is obvious I think...

Jake2910

Rough_Rock
Hi dkata, thanks for the confirmation and yes the signal is rather obvious. Was just wondering about the 14P but above the 585.

Jake2910

Rough_Rock
Ahhh yes, I thought as such but was unsure. Thank you both for your input.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting find.
Nazi memorablila is rather taboo these days, so finding any info or a similar ring online may prove to be a challenge.
I don't think eBay even allows anything with a swastika to be posted. I do find it intriguing from a historical point if view.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting find.
Nazi memorablila is rather taboo these days, so finding any info or a similar ring online may prove to be a challenge.
I don't think eBay even allows anything with a swastika to be posted. I do find it intriguing from a historical point if view.

My thoughts echo this.

How does one show interest in terrible historical events and items associated with them without appearing like one is supporting capitalist profiteering off the back of genocide, and potentially, those who have an unfathomable desire to advocate terrible deeds that, to any right-minded person, belong in the past as a salutary lesson and a warning to future generations?

I'm not sure it's even possible to tread that fine line yet.

It is worth noting, though, that the swastika emblem was, prior to being used by the Nazis, a symbolic religious emblem in other parts of the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauwastika
Perhaps this ring pre-dates the 1930s and was therefore created to celebrate good rather than represent bad.

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not few countries do not allow trade in such items. eBay must be very aware.

Pricescope may be subject to some such laws & ought to have its own rules ... which I had no curiosity for until just about now.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a good luck symbol in Asian Indian culture. Hitler "borrowed" it.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I am looking at this ring again, I am thinking that this item is not a piece that was issued by the Third Reich. Nazi items like medals, awards, helmets, daggers and other pieces were of superior quality. The Germans were very proud and issued only the best to their officers. I understand that Hitler re-opened the Solingen forges for the manufacture of blades, because they were the best in the world, and he wanted the best for his men. My dad had a collection of WWII militaria in the 1970's, and he always used to tell me this about German items.
This ring has a crude stamp, and the line details on the sides are not evenly spaced. The swastika itself looks like it was roughly cut and placed. Also, the inside of the ring is ground, not polished. Plus, there is no mark inside stating "Made in Germany", or any other defining marks.
This may be a neo-Nazi ring.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring has a crude stamp, and the line details on the sides are not evenly spaced. The swastika itself looks like it was roughly cut and placed. Also, the inside of the ring is ground, not polished. Plus, there is no mark inside stating "Made in Germany", or any other defining marks.
This may be a neo-Nazi ring.

I think this may be the case.

Although one would hope it isn't, the diagonal orientation of the emblem is a nazi design, whereas the asian designs all appear to be squarely orientated, so it seems fairly certain on that basis.

If it is 14K gold, it should be worth more than £12, so sell it for scrap and melting down.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is very offensive to look at. This was not a ring made in 18th century China. Piece of hate memorabilia.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results